“Brene Hotel - A Real Gem”
Review of Brene Hotel

and 1 more site!
Brene Hotel
Ranked #135 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
hertfordshire
“Brene Hotel - A Real Gem”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have just returned from a 4 night stay and would not hesitate to go back. Colin and Keith are most convivial hosts and nothing appears to be too much trouble for them. The hotel is nicely situated, not more than a few mins walk from Blackpool North station and about the same time to get to the Front. We were there midweek and did not notice any noise at all (apart from the bloody seagulls) and were perfectly satisfied with our room - a nice size with plenty of tea/coffee facilities, comfy bed and a nice hot shower. Your hosts lay on a great breakfast which is more than enough to set you up for a good days exploring.
Parking can be a bit of a game but you can park for free on the nearby roads if you are lucky enough to find a space - failing that there is a car park about 200 yards away costing £5 for 24 hrs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Brene Hotel from 17th - 20th August for a dance weekend and had a great time. The hotel was clean, quiet (which was great because we came in late and wanted to sleep later) and the breakfast was hot and delicious. The owners were very friendly and suggested lots of places to go. Definately stay there next year when the same dance weekend comes up again. Thanks Keith and Colin

Vivienne & Heabette

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed at the Brene Hotel from the 19th-22nd April and we LOVED it! The owners were very friendly and welcoming and gave us plenty of information about what was on and good places to go in Blackpool. Our aim for this trip was to just have a weekend away with good shops and a range of things to do at night, and this hotel was right where it needed to be! Only a few minutes stroll to the shops (which are great) and round the corner from Funny Girls and other bars/ clubs. The hotel is clean and well kept and rooms are a good standard. The breakfast filled us up for a day of shopping and was delicious! A thoroughly enjoyable stay- will definately return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Barnsley
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Accommodation very clean, location fantastic but that’s where it ends. Unfortunately my 19 year old son decided without our Knowledge to have friends stay in his room with him. We accept this was out of order and gave them reason to ask us to leave, which we did. However it is how this was done that was the problem.
At breakfast time of our first morning, (we booked for 2 nights), the two male patrons of this hotel made a point of telling us to pack our things and leave in the middle of breakfast with other guests also in the dining room. As I was unaware what the problem was at this point, I went to speak to them quietly to ask what the problem was. They became very loud and aggressive towards me threatening to fetch the police if we did not leave immediately. I asked them not to shout at me and that I just wanted to have a civilised conversation to understand what the problem was. They were not willing to listen, called me a scrounger and a liar at which point I said I found them rude and unhelpful and turned to leave the dining room to have foul language shouted at me. I was appalled by this behaviour which was totally unreasonable.
Had they asked to speak to us on our own and explained what had happened I would have apologised for my son’s behaviour and their inconvenience. However instead they chose to behave in an extremely abusive and uncalled for manner.
On a different note the rooms were the smallest I have ever stayed in and the breakfast would not have filled a 5 year old.

Room Tip: My best advice is don't bother go else where.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank wombella
BreneBlackpool, Owner at Brene Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We have decided to reply to your review to clarify the situation. Of course anybody caught out the way you have been and asked to leave as a result would feel aggrieved as opposed to embarrassed and ashamed. That said there are some points you make that need to be addressed.

Your son was seen entering the hotel late in the evening with 2 others who were carrying bags. When questioning your son in your double room, to which he had taken these 2, he said that they had only come back to get changed and they would be leaving shortly and would not be returning. They then left the hotel.

When later placing Easter eggs in all the rooms a duvet (not one of the hotels) was seen on the floor in your room and as you were the first to return later that evening you therefore must have known what was going on.

Whilst you were all having breakfast the two, that were seen the previous night, were seen sneaking out of the hotel with the duvet and their bags. It was obvious that they had stayed overnight.

Not only were you breaking our terms & conditions but also health & safety, insurance and fire regulations.

We waited until you had finished breakfast then asked your husband quietly and politely for your party to leave the hotel. You became argumentative and were then told that if you did not leave the hotel we would call the police. At no time did any party use foul language or become aggressive nor were you ever called a liar or a scrounger. We wanted to deal with your husband, who was responsible for the booking, but he decided to stay quiet and remained in his seat.

With regards to your comments about the rooms and breakfast, I can only ask potential guests to please read all the other reviews on this and other websites and draw their own conclusions.

We look forward to welcoming all guests to the Brene and whilst we hope that no-one is put off by this review if others are intent on abusing our hospitality and breaking health & safety/fire regulations decide that it is not the hotel for them then that can only be a good thing.
england
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed at the Brene Hotel on Saturday 11th Feb 2012, as we were going to see the Kaiser Chiefs at the Winter Gardens and wanted to stay somewhere close as it was absolutely baltic! The owners Keith and Colin were incredebly friendly, helpful and welcoming. The hotel is cleaner than most 5* hotels I have stayed in which was really important for my wife who has got a bit of a clean OCD thing going on! Keith recommended a great place for us to watch the rugby as we never would have found somewhere and we even ended up getting pally with Lord street legend 'Gloria' who worked at next doors Mardi GRAS hotel. Breakfast was great, cooked by Colin with fried bread done to perfection. Don't hesitate in staying here you will not regret it. We will never stay anywhere else when next coming to the bright lights of Blackpool. James and Karen

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed January 10, 2012

this hotel is perfect. myself and my girlfriend loved it. large double room. freeview, wifi, bar.

breakfast is amazing. start with fruit or cereal and juice or milk ( you can have both if you want), col and keith then ask if your ready for your full english. 2 sausage 2 bacon, egg, beans or tomato, has browns and fried bread with two slices of toast on the side. All included with the room!

extremely clean and friendly. very close to funny girls (not my thing thanks), washington pub and 5 mins from blackpool tower.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank andrewsimmons90
West Yorkshire
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My mother in law stayed here and she had nothing but praise for the owners and the hotel and she had travelled the WORLD! Unfortunately she passed away just before Xmas and she would be happy for me in expressing what she expressed to us during and after her stay there. We stayed at the Mardi Gras a couple of doors up which was also nice but this place sounds GREAT!

Well done guys.