“The Most Amazing Guest House”
Review of Glyndale Hotel

Glyndale Hotel
Ranked #139 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Lynn, The Manageress of The Glyndale gave us a fabulous welcome and was totally outstanding throughout our two day visit. Her generosity, kindness and hospitality was superb. Her hosting was the best that I or any in my party had ever experienced. Breakfast was excellent and I simply cannot praise or thank her and her family enough. Actions speak louder than words, and I, my family and our Charity, Team Oasis shall be visiting The Glyndale very regularly throughout each year for many years to come..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank teamoasis
There are newer reviews for Glyndale Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great hotel, very welcoming lovely breakfast. Phil was great the owner. Definitely stay again if ever in Blackpool. Perfect location can see the sea from outside b&b. You could ask for anything and they would oblige.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We arrived to a warm and happy welcome, fully prepared rooms, the new owner Phil made us feel really welcome - top man, ok the bedrooms are on the small side - what do you want for the price???? The atmosphere makes it, we all had a top time in the bar with the karaoke and we even had a little buffet prepared for us.Free - YOU CANT GET BETTER THAN THAT! Top breakfast to finish.....! Quality time had by all would highly recommend to all hen / stag parties. Good luck to the Glyndale now its under new mngment -and im sure this hotel will grow from strength to strength.
Middle location is ideal for the pleasure beach or the town centre-North or South.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently stayed at the Glyndale for first time did not know it was under new ownership, never really had much of an opportunity to have a crack with the owners. The room we stayed in was quite small which was probably the same room has previous reviewer Tramplegs with the same problems except for the bed which was really comfortable, however, the breakfast was very nice and we had no issues with the staff, they were quite pleasant, The cost of the rooms were quite cheap and probably represented value for money, there were two other couples with us and they had nothing to complain about other than it took quite a long time to get breakfast but nevertheless they enjoyed it when it came.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here. I have been before but not for a while. The new owners seem very nice. They made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us.

The hotel in my opinion is under priced, both me and my partner both agreed we would happily of paid more!

The breakfast was just what the doctor ordered! It was filling and expertly cooked.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are homely and very friendly staff make a stay here one of the best I have encountered in Blackpool! I will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Glyndale Hotel in Blackpool and I have not experienced any of the complaints that have been mentioned in previous reviews.

The hotel room I stayed in was clean and refreshing and I didn't notice a carpet leaning against a wall at breakfast.

The new owners of the Glyndale were very pleasant and couldn't do enough. Breakfast was lovely and the waitress was very nice. The new owners have only just moved in so the hotel obviously was not perfect but I am sure it will be up and running in no time. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The cost was very, very low and the owners seemed nice so I feel a bit guilty for grading this hotel so low.

Its in desperate need of redecorating, and is quite dark. The room was very small. The TV was TINY and placed on top of the wardrobe where you couldnt see it. It is hardly worth having a TV if its that small. The tea and coffee facilities were placed on a piece of wood that meant to be a table. I was worried about adding anymore weight to it, as it didnt look sturdy.

According to my husband, the shower was cold. Although, I didnt experience this. The soap dispensers on the wall fell off of the shower and so the soap and shampoo went everywhere. I expected it to be cleaned up, but when we came back from a day out we were informed that the owners hadnt had time to get up there. I'm not one to moan and as we only had another night before we left, thought it wasn't worth it. I'm sure if I had asked, the owners would have sorted it.

The bed was so uncomfortable - far too bouncy in my opinion (others may prefer that). There was a dog barking in the mornings as well.

Breakfast was lovely but on one day the black pudding still had its wrapper on it. Not sure I understand why there was shot glasses for the orange juices but it made us giggle. There was also a large rolled up carpet leaning up against the wall in the dining room which also made us laugh. There was a youngish girl helping out who was very moody (not sure what her problem was)

I had read so many positive reviews before going so I felt a little let down. However, it really is cheap and we didnt spend that much time there. Would I go back? Undecided.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends