The Darfield Hotel
Melville Hotel(Blackpool)
Belroy Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscouncil car parkstayed herecharnley roadbirthday weekendtoastcant wait to returncoral islandb btriple roomcentral locationrooms were very cleanwould stay againcooked breakfasta great staybed was comfortablelocation is greatgreat value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just returned from a hen weekend (booked through an agency). 15 of us descended on the property and James was very helpful from the start. Had a few issues with showers and lights when we arrived but as soon as they were mentioned, they were sorted.
Breakfast between 9-9.30 seemed a little odd but seeing as James did everything by himself (apart from room cleans), I'm not surprised he could only spare 30 minutes!
Shops and bars are 5 minutes walk from the B&B, fast food places at the end of the road!
No lifts in the building so we had to haul our stuff up, luckily I was on the 2nd floor but those in the 'loft' found it a bit of a struggle (nothing to do with their age!!!)
Rooms are on the small side and bathrooms even smaller but we weren't in there that much.

Overall a decent place for the money you pay. No problems with coming in whenever we wanted, bar was pretty cheap too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was booked for us by a hen and stag agency.

14 of us stayed at the hotel from Friday to Sunday.

We were underwhelmed by the rooms, en suits in many of the rooms desperately needed a good scrub and a bit of love. Not sure how toilets get that grimy and dusty having been inspected before our arrival.

Some beds were comfy, others were down to the springs. Some rooms looked nicer than others, doubles seemed nicest.

Overall we were disappointed with the breakfast, second morning everyone had cold food. Breakfast system was one I've not seen before, toast was on tables before the breakfast room was opened, coffee was very strong.

James was a lovely person and we liked all his help and tips. The bar was well priced and had a big tv.

A little bit of attention to cleaning could make this hotel a gem. We realise the target market is drunk people (stags and hens) so not going to be fitted out with expensive gear but paying guests expect a certain level of clean in rooms and areas like stairs, fag butts not outside door etc.

breakfast was served 9 to 9.30am.

I'm not sure we were expecting what we got for what we paid. But was very near to pubs, clubs and shops.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
The_Darfield_Hotel, Manager at The Darfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

I am Sorry that on your visit we did not live up to your expectations during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and nice environment for our groups that come to Blackpool. upon check in i did say if there is anything i can do for you guys at all to let me know, however nothing was brought to my attention. If anything is brought to my attention then we deal with it quickly to resolve any issues. As for the breakfast we use a gantry system, this ensures that guests get (A) - a high quality breakfast of there choice so this minimizes waste on the plates and (B) - to maintain a high standard of food safety as the Gantry maintains a constant temperature and never falls bellow 74 Degrees C.
As for the beds, in two of your rooms where brand new beds, i have checked all the beds and none need attention, but again unfortunately nothing was mentioned to me during your stay so i could not rectify any issues.

The Darfield Hotel through the years has and will continue provide people with not only a great place to stay and we strive to give groups the best experience that Blackpool has to offer.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Came up to Blackpool from Somerset as part of the Big Annual Convention Weekend for the Federation of Young Farmers Clubs. but I am a member of Dorset.

The Hotel Staff are very welcoming and will assist you with any queries or problems you have. I was very happy with my room. The food and atmosphere of the whole weekend was great.

I would be more then happy to come back again and I am hoping to when Dorset Young Farmers return in May, but I wouldn't mind coming back again one weekend for a birthday Celebration or just a mini break. Dorset YFC are very grateful you are welcoming us back and We thank you in advance for your excellent hospitality and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and I booked the Darfield as a place to stay for our annual birthday night out in November! No grumbles about the hotel at all, James was fab looked after us girls well, gave us tips on where to go and was available for our every need! No it wasn't the ritz but u get what u pay for this is your typical Blackpool B and B! Would return :)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here with a group of lads for a stag weekend a few weeks ago. First off, the owners James and Louise are very welcoming and friendly, and willing to help with anything. The bar is well stocked for a small hotel, and a decent size. The rooms are clean, and comfortable.
Very good value for money, and we will def be staying here again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends