The Darfield Hotel
$93
$84
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
$48
$90
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
$73
$67
All reviewscouncil car parkstayed herecharnley roadbirthday weekendtoastcant wait to returncoral islandtriple roomcentral locationrooms were very cleanwould stay againcooked breakfasta great staybed was comfortablelocation is greatgreat value for moneyfull english breakfast
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Family run b&b .home cooked breakie. Room basic but had all we needed. Lovely and clean. James kept bar open for us .very kind. And was our personal photographer. Very accomdating would recommend and would stay again...from lisa and all on shels hen night xx

• Stayed: May 2013
The_Darfield_Hotel, Manager at The Darfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Great to see you enjoyed your stay, hope to see you again

James

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just come back from a stag do in Blackpool. It really did do " what it says on the tin". Rooms are more than I expected. I wasn't paying or expecting 5 star quality. The shower cubicals are slightly small for the average size male but I would rather have that that a communal bathroom.

Look perfect place for a stag/hen do, if you spend to much time in your room then your not doing Blackpool right.

The bar and the breakfast service was great and James is a great guy to talk to, he's interested to know about you and your party.

Rooms could be a little cleaner buy hayho

Thanks again

Room Tip: Sleep quality !!! I don't remember sleeping but that's not the hotels fault haha
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'll start of on a positive - the owners are great at front of house and very helpful. If they read this I'm sorry.....I could add the pictures I took of the dirt but you really don't deserve that as you are genuinely nice people.
We were booked into this hotel as part of a hen weekend so had to go with the flow..and that's what you do. The room was tiny, a double bed & a single, dated and filthy. The lights above the bed didn't work, neither did the kettle....although once we saw the dirt on the mugs we gave up! I don't think this room has had a deep clean in months! The bedding was OK, apart from the curry stain on my quilt cover, and the dog hair on the sheets..no idea where from. Behind the sink was terrible....and no I didn't deliberately go looking...it was staring me in the face whilst I was sat on the loo! There was not one clean surface in the room.....and as for the coat hanger collection....go in every now and then and have a sort out...there are way too many!
Breakfast was OK, cheap canteen like food & service...but the dirt theme carried on, the top of the radiator I was sat next to hadn't seen a duster in weeks.
This guest house is for hen & stag parties....but before you book...think about who is attending....yes you want somewhere to lay your drunken head but not surrounded by dirt!
I understand the place being a little tatty as the owners probably don't want to spend too much on something likely to get trashed by drunks...but please could it be clean!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just come back from a night at in Blackpool - stayed at The Darfield hotel and got to say it was value for money- decent rooms, comfy beds, a reasonably priced bar, nice breakfast, nice staff, ideal location - I can't really fault the place and James, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. I would definately go again! :-)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Me and 5 of my mates returned to the Darfield this October for the weekend.
I’ve stayed in many b and b's over the years and this is by far the most accommodating and best atmosphere. Roms were comfortable, clean and warm. Breakfast fantastic. As for the bar it is open whenever you want it to be open (within reason). James and the missus are a fantastic host and will join in and have a laugh with you at the bar. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they run it like clockwork.
It is in a great central location which has a buzz to it.
All in all this is a great b and b and my second visit. There will definitely be a third visit next year and we will be staying for longer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends