“Impressed”

ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Toast Cafe Bar and Grill Restaurant Blackpool with a Food Hygiene Rating of 5 out of 5, is a casual dining cafe and restaurant, offering freshly cooked food sourced locally. At Toast Cafe Bar & Grill we are dedicated to delivering beautifully presented food, created fresh to order from high-quality ingredients and locally sourced fresh produce, in comfortable, design-led city style surroundings that is why we have now achieved the prestigious Taste Lancashire HIGHEST Quality Assured award. Toast Cafe Bar and Grill Restaurant in the heat of Blackpool is perfect for relaxing, drinking and dining with friends, families or colleagues all day and evening.We are open from 9am till late* Monday to Saturday and 10am till late on Sundays*. Toast Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant is situated on Corporation Street just down from the Grand Theatre, Blackpool Tower and the Winter Gardens away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre nightlife but close enough if you're off to the bars and clubs after. We offer an array of classic drinks from the bar including draught beers such as San Miguel, cider and Extra Cold Guinness, bottled beers and spirits with an exclusive selection of wines and champagnes are available. If you wish to dine after 9pm we recommend booking in advance.
Longridge, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Went today for lunch. Greeting was fantastic by the lovely Beryl. Had steak and ale pie which was very nice. Wife had a prawn sandwich which was packed with prawns and homemade coleslaw.
My only bit of feedback would be the veg should be fresh, rather than pre bought. However, this did not detract from a very pleasant meal.
Give Beryl a pat on the back.

Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear timmble, thank you leaving us your kind comments regarding your visit to us at Toast. Beryl is very popular with our customers and is really passionate about Toast as a brand and treats every customer who walks through the door with the same high level of customer service which lots of customers have commented on. Beryl will be really pleased with your comments so thank you. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the food and although you commented on the vegetables I can assure you it is only fresh produce that we use. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

After several visits and glowing reviews I am afraid I am extremely disappointed with my recent visit to Toast with my family.
After aquiring a Taste card which offers what I believed to be a 50% discount in certain restaurants, I called at around 3pm to check it was accepted here and was told yes so we happily made our way.
We double checked again when we arrived and were discussing how good a deal it was whilst being given our menus.
After a while we managed to attract the staffs attention to order a drink as we were not offered any.
Then when we decided what we would like to order, we did so, and when mentioning our Taste card and offer we were told we would have to order off the evening menu instead, even though it was earlier than usually allowed, and we realised that basically with the evening menu all the dishes basically doubled in price!
Again we chose, and ordered, I opted for the fillet steak, only because of the great price we thought we were getting, a dish that costs £19.95, the steak was lovely, the boiled veg and hard chips were a complete let down, and definately not worth nearly £20!!!!
Not only that, the side orders of chips and curly fries did not arrive, we had to pull the staff and question this, they had obviously forgotten, and we got them about 10 minutes later, just as we finished our meal, without even an apology!!!!!!
I went to pay unimpressed, only to have £7.50 removed from the bill, and a whopping £45 to pay, being told they do not offer the discount just 2 meals for the price of 1 instead, so as you can imagine, we were not ecstatic in the least to be paying so much money for such a disappointing meal, never again!!!!!!!!
Completely unacceptable customer skills and service, especially the man who I believe may have been some sort of supervisor that served us, and the restaurant just did not run the same with him and the staff who worked there on this day, and not the service that we have recieved in the past, and had come to expect on each visit.

1 Thank steph-c24
Dear Steph_C24, thank you for your comments regarding your latest visit to us at St Annes. I understand you were unhappy with your taste card offer, however I can assure you that we not trying to be difficult. The Taste Card offer at Toast is two for one which is shown on Taste's website. Some restaurants offer 2 for 1 and some 50%, there is a symbol on the listing on their website to denote which offer is available. I am disappointed to hear that the food did not meet your expectations, however on speaking to the manager who was on duty that day he did assure me he did try and do his best to resolve your issues however he was only working with the restrictions placed on him. I am sorry that on this occasion you were not fully satisfied but we do hope that you will visit us again.
“Poor food”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We were the only 4 people in the restaurant last night and we're hoping to enjoy the al a carte food. What a total disappointment. Three of us had sirloin steak and all three went back. Disgusting meat quality for top price in Blackpool. We have had better at a sizzler for a quarter of the price. The only saving grace was the attention of the staff who did everything they could to accommodate us. Let's just say we won't be going there again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank simonrea
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Simonrea, thank you for your comments and giving us the opportunity to improve our business. I have spoken to Head Chef regarding the issues you had regarding your steaks, which is very unusual for us that customers are not happy with our steaks. When Head Chef has challenged this with the suppliers it has transpires that there has been an issues with the quality of the meat on this occasion and was beyond our control. Head Chef has now formally raised this with this supplier as a concern and we can only apologise for such. I do hope that you will visit us again to give us the opportunity to show you that we do produce great food as previous reviews state and on the occasion you visited us it really was beyond our control.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food Gem in Blackpool”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to try Toast, based on previous reviews before heading to a gig at the Winter Gardens on Saturday evening. We are so glad we did! The food was amazing! The choice of food was vast, it was so hard to choose what to have. In the end my boyfriend had the Mussels followed by the Lamb and I had the Seabass followed by the Sticky Toffee Pudding. We also had a couple of cocktails which did the trick! We were served by a lady called Edyta who was very nice and friendly. We will definately go back again when we are next in Blackpool for a gig.

• Visited March 2014
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear4 Vantageweaver, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us at Toast. To comment that you found the food to be amazing is a real motivator for Head Chef and his team, so thank you as they really try hard to always ensure that their food is cooked to the highest standard. I am also pleased that your found our server Edeyta to have served you well and we are really trying to improve our customer service this year, so we will ensure that she receives your praise so thank you. And please come and visit us again when you are in the area would be lovely to see you both.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Weekly visit”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We usually call here every week when over in blackpool. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The food is very good and there is always a good turnout of customers especially at the weekend. As for choice of food I have never been anywhere else which has such a wide selection, from sandwiches to a full-blown dinner. We recognise a few of the customers who return on a regular basis as well. There is also a loyalty card on which you can collect points which in turn can be used towards the cost of your next meal as well making it very tempting to call again.

• Visited March 2014
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Lynn W, I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be efficient with a friendly attitude which is so important as a business to create that right first impression, so I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team. You also commented on how much you enjoyed our food and you found our menu to be extensive with something for everyone. You mentioned the loyalty card which we are extremely proud of as it allows us to give a little something back to our loyal customers so please keep presenting this at the till and enjoy the offers that this card brings. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.