“Good menu choice”

ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Toast Cafe Bar and Grill Restaurant Blackpool with a Food Hygiene Rating of 5 out of 5, is a casual dining cafe and restaurant, offering freshly cooked food sourced locally. At Toast Cafe Bar & Grill we are dedicated to delivering beautifully presented food, created fresh to order from high-quality ingredients and locally sourced fresh produce, in comfortable, design-led city style surroundings that is why we have now achieved the prestigious Taste Lancashire HIGHEST Quality Assured award. Toast Cafe Bar and Grill Restaurant in the heat of Blackpool is perfect for relaxing, drinking and dining with friends, families or colleagues all day and evening.We are open from 9am till late* Monday to Saturday and 10am till late on Sundays*. Toast Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant is situated on Corporation Street just down from the Grand Theatre, Blackpool Tower and the Winter Gardens away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre nightlife but close enough if you're off to the bars and clubs after. We offer an array of classic drinks from the bar including draught beers such as San Miguel, cider and Extra Cold Guinness, bottled beers and spirits with an exclusive selection of wines and champagnes are available. If you wish to dine after 9pm we recommend booking in advance.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Came across this restaurant by accident and was very pleased with discovery.Clean, comfortable surroundings with a good choice of dishes, especially for vegetarians as most places only offer one or two choices. Polite and friendly staff.

1  Thank caty432
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Caty432, thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed dining with us at Toast. I am really pleased to hear that you found our restaurant to be clean and welcoming with a good selection of vegetarian options which are most popular with some of our guests even the non vegetarian customers. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant and polite as recently we have new members of staff recruited into the business and is pleasing that the customer service they are demonstrating is to be of a high standard. Thank you once again for your kind comments and the team hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Every restaurant is going to have an off day, and your opinion of any restaurant is only as good as the meal that you receive. Let me begin by saying that the service was excellent: the staff were courteous, polite and attentive.
Perhaps we should have realised that, with a menu as large as Toast's, the food is not going to be home made. It is going to be prepacked and brought in. I started with olives: no problem, though the toasted ciabatta served with it was uninteresting. This was followed by lamb koftas. I was expecting some spicy lamb which was brown and crisp on the outside. What I got were horrible, tasteless sausages, which had no spice and no discernible flavour. I sent it back and the staff asked me what I would like by way of replacement. I chose haddock strips in crispy batter. Perhaps the kitchen staff were anxious to get a replacement meal on the table as what arrived was anything but crispy. It was soggy and sickly. I sent it back.
I think I have only ever sent back a meal once in my life. To do so twice on one evening was an unwelcome record.

3  Thank Jeremy L
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Jeremy L, I am sorry to hear that when you visited us we failed to meet your expectations with regards to the food that you ordered and can only apologise for such. I am disappointed to hear that the food was not your taste but I can assure you that a large amount of our food is local sourced and all meals are cooked fresh to order. Our Head chef will look into your comments and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve. However I was pleased to hear that you found our staff to be polite and their customer service to be of a high standard and for giving us that feedback we are most grateful. Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and your comments are valued.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Soon as we walked in we were seated. Lovely atmosphere very well decorated. We had a fantastic waitress, very friendly but not over the top. The food was brilliant my husband still can't stop talking about the mussels, it came in a timely manor we weren't waiting for ages, fantastic value for what we had. Its a Must visit if your in blackpool!

1  Thank emilyt22
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Emilyt22, thank you for your comments around how much you enjoyed dining with us at Toast. I am delighted to hear that you found us to have a great atmosphere with friendly staff. Customer service is a priority for us this year and we are really striving to be the best. We are carrying out robust training with our new and existing staff to really put the customer at the fore front of all our servers minds, and from your comments we seem to have hit the jackpot. I am also pleased to hear that you found our food to have met your expectations and we are continually striving to be the best and only present food to our customers that our kitchen team would want to eat themselves. Once again thank you for lovely comments and really means a lot to all our staff that customers take the time out to let us know.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently went to a christening where ToasT had provided the buffet and I must say the food was outstanding. Presented beautifully and tasted just as good as it looked. It wasn't your average pork pie, sausage roll, pork pie, sausage role kind of buffet. It was a mix of traditional food and modern food with a twist. I even had the pleasure of meeting paul the head chef, he was a great guy and I could tell from speaking too him that he really took great care and attention with the food he had prepared. He also stuck around to make sure everything ran perfectly. Now that's pride if I've ever seen it! Bottom line is I think I will also use toast in the future for any events that I will encounter. We'll done everyone at ToasT!!

1  Thank MTHLFC
Lisa M, Manager at ToasT Cafe Bar & Grill Restaurant Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear MTHLFC, thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed the catering at the christening you attended where Toast prepared the buffet for such a special day. It is really lovely when people take the time to let us know how much they enjoyed our food, and can I assure you it makes such a difference to our staff morale in so many ways. As my previous response states Paul and his team are passionate about their jobs and strive continually to be the best. Your comments really do mean a lot and we hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I hired toast to cater for my sons christening, all communications before hand were excellent and nothing seemed to much trouble, the buffet was Tailored exactly to our request and the cost very reasonable. On the day the team arrived and set up all the food, the food looked wonderful and was presented on lovely black platters, no sign of cheap metal trays like you see at so many other buffets. My guests soon filled up on the food, which was re stocked by the waitress as things got low, I had so many compliments on the quality of the food, in fact many people thanked me for the day and said it was the best buffet they have ever had! I can certainly say that I would not hesitate to hire toast again for any future events, the food was restaurant quality served in a location of my choice! Absolutely perfect! Many thanks to the toast team

1  Thank Sally2712

Dear Sally2712, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how pleased you were with our preparation and delivery of such a special day of your sons christening buffet. I am really pleased to hear that from the very beginning you found our service to have met your expectations, or by the sounds from your comments dare I say exceeded them. Paul and his team really do strive to prepare home cooked quality food that all ages and tastes can enjoy. They all take pride in their jobs and really do at times go above and beyond to ensure that as many of their customers are as happy as possible, as we realise on special days it is as important to us a business to ensure you are happy as I am sure it is important to you. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to shine and prove to you that at Toast we do care and endeavour to deliver an outstanding end to your perfect day. We hope to be of further service to you in the future.