“Not bad”

Travelodge Blackpool South Promenade
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Overall not a bad stay, we stopped here on the way back from the lake district and it was a pleasant stay. We booked early so got a great price, the room was clean and we'll presented. You do have to pay extra for parking and the spaces were limited but a great stay and in a brilliant location for the fair.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2014

i stayed at travelodge southprom blackpool for 2 nights and was really impressed with the new look they have in their hotels, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was awesome!, i am a really fussy person when it comes to staying in hotels but i simply could not fault anything with this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank N E
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Travelodge - Blackpool - Great Location for Pleasure Beach.
Does what it says on tin. Dont expect 5* Furnishings.
Expect Value For Money.
PS. Car Park is very small (aprx 15 cars) and £7 per night. - Try and Park on Balmoral Road - that runs in front of hotel, or Osborne Road, where car park entrance is -both Free. :)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have never experienced such disgusting customer service. We stayed at the hotel on 03/08 and 04/08. Everything was going well until there was an issue about having the rooms cleaned. We arrived at 3pm back to our room after visiting the theme park 04/08, our room was not cleaned. I spoke to a lady called Sarah who assured me they will be cleaned but she was not sure what time. We then went back out and got back to the hotel around 7pm, to find the room was not cleaned. Sarah came to have a look at our room advising they do not clean the beds if there is something on them. There was nothing on our beds, so how she presumed this was the case is beyond me, as I kept explain there was nothing there. I then asked her if she was the manager she said no. I then went ahead to ask who the manager was she just walked off. My husband went to the reception area to complain about her attitude. She then said to my husband she is a manager, and then she was not and that Joanne is the person we need to speak to who was not in and will be in the next morning. She obviously liked lying. Then the next day we spoke to management who was again very rude saying that my husband was being rude. How does she know what my husband said to the reception if she was not there? She lied by saying that the reception had called her mobile and she heard everything. This hotel comes up with so many lies is disgusting. She followed by saying that there were teddies on the beds that's why the beds were not cleaned. We had no teddies again another lie. I could not understand how they made a small problem into something so big. The rooms were not cleaned properly they need to take responsibility and customer service is something the management and some of the members of team need to learn, rather than lying. It makes me wonder what they are trying to hide with there lies. Never be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Sabs3800
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Booked online on the 30/5/14 to stay for two nights in August (5/8 & 6/8). Upon reaching Blackpool and taking up to an hour to find a parking space (due to a 75 room hotel only having 14 spaces) we asked to check in! We got told to sit in the dining area as a member of staff tried to look into our booking! She came back only to tell us that our room was flooded and that there were no other rooms available! She could not give me an explanation to why or how our room got flooded, the only thing she said that we had to stay at the other Travelodge (South Shore). She offered us a complimentary drink at the bar so I requested two soft drinks. She then went on to ask me why I didn't want an alcoholic drink even though I had just explained that I had to drive to the other hotel! We arrived at other hotel and explained to the member of staff at the reception what had happened and she was very helpful. As we had paid £10 to park at car park in South Promenade Travelodge she gave us a free parking ticket for the night and a complimentary breakfast for the following day. She then told us that we were only at this Travelodge for one night and that we had to go back to the other Travelodge the following day.
The next day after going back to the first hotel we explained to the member of staff what had happened and asked if our room was ready. She had no idea what we were talking about so it is obvious that there is no proper communication between the staff and the two hotels. All of my contact details had been given on the booking date yet no warning was given that our room was flooded. A simple email or phone call would have been nice. We didn't have any apology by any member of staff, just got shipped around both hotels.
Upon entering our hotel room at the South Promenade Travelodge it was clear why the room had flooded as the shower only had a small tray for the water to flow. As both of us wanted a shower most of the water had flown onto the bathroom floor and had to use both towels and the only towels that were provided in our room. Should really think about changing shower trays to prevent this happening. Never going to stay at a Travelodge again due to the hassle we had, as this had spoiled our stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank GE1994
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Fantastic location next to the pleasure beach! Ideal for me and my kids! Clean rooms! Friendly staff. Fab breakfast where you can help yourself to whatever you like! Eating area is smaller than I expected but always got a table. Evening meals were nice although some things were out of stock when ordered! Was made to feel very welcome and will definitely return again! Overall it is excellent value for money!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rach292014
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location very quiet heard no noise inside or out rooms small basic but very clean no way on earth its a king size bed but it does the job only 5 TV channels but who watches TV on holiday anyway breakfast area very small and very busy did not take breakfast as you can eat yourself into a heart attack in Blackpool for half the Travelodge price. Also bar prices expensive but wetherspoons and ma kellys both very close and well priced overall have stayed before and will stay again

• Stayed: August 2014