“Nothing grey about GRAYS!”
Review of The Grays Hotel

The Grays Hotel
Ranked #405 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nothing grey about GRAYS!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have just enjoyed a 'girlie' weekend at the Grays hotel in BLACKPOOL. We are two 60 somethings so we didn't necessarily want one of the places that caters for the Stag & Hen crowd at weekends, though we did want somewhere convenient for the town centre attractions and Grays seemed to fit the bill after reading several reviews.
The welcome was warm and friendly and we were shown to our 1st floor room immediately. We had booked a twin with en-suite and whilst quite bijou it had everything we could possibly need for our 2 night stay. The two single beds were very comfortable with clean white sheets and duvet covers. A couple of torquoise cushions and throw added a splash colour to the modern decor. It had one bedside chest of drawers with lamp and one cupboard with hanging rail. This also housed an ironing board & iron. There was another chest of drawers upon which was the tea&coffee making paraphernalia and a small digital TV. (We never did find the remote control but managed to figure out the buttons on the set - quite took me back a bit having to get up to switch the TV over! There was a hand basin in the room and the en-suite consisted of toilet and shower cubicle. Perfectly adequate for our needs.
The breakfast was 08.30 to 09.30. We would have preferred a later finish as I do like a lie in at weekends, but we made it on time and it was definitely worth getting up for. Plenty of juice and continental goodies on offer as well as a good menu of cooked food; all included in with the room rate.
On the ground floor there is a decent sized sitting room/TV lounge as well as a separate bar area.
The location is perfect for both seafront and/or the town centre theatres and shops etc.being only a few hundred yards walk in either direction. What more could you want??

Room Tip: There is no lift and rooms are over 3 floors so you may have to ask if you need assistance.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Glad you e njoyed your girlie weekend, even at the young age of 60 we are still girls: me included. The remote was in the bedside chest of draws. So glad you enjoyed the breakfast we dont mind if you come in the dinningroom after 9.30 there is no rush. We hope to see you :Girlies again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travelled with my son aged 13 and grandson aged 14 and was booked into Room 1 a very large room suitable for 4 persons - though the 2 single beds were alittle springy we had a wonderful 2 night stay - I booked this hotel "The Grays" due to the good reviews on this site and was not disappointed at all - the room was spacious and lovely and clean - the breakfast was far better than my own and the welcome was hospitable and not too intruding - I will definitely be booking to come back again and it is a shame they don't open between Xmas but Jill and Gray do need their hols too - thank you both for helping us have such a good time in Blackpool - take care both of you :)

grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for you review so pleased, you all enjoyed you two night stay. We hope to see you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

we found the Grays to be a very good hotel (much better than the one we stayed in last year)it was very clean and the hosts very welcoming also the breakfast was excellent.
our daughter and her partner and their 2 children stayed in a large 4 bed room my wife and I were in a double with our teenage granddaughter in an adjoining single with an adjoining on suite to ours she was delighted to have her own room.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Blackpool and the kids are already asking if we can return to this hotel next year.

1 Thank landy64
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My parents have been coming to the hotel for many years, this year my partner and our 11 month old daughter came along.

When booking we stated we would need room for a travel cot, we we're allocated room 11 which was a larger double and it would give us enough room for the travel cot, the room was perfect and very clean.

The food was excellent with great choice, there is also a very large tv room with plenty of seats. Separate bar area that was very well stocked, my partner said it was best pint of carling he's ever had!

Jill and Gray are great hosts, nothing is a problem and they go out of there way to make everyone welcome,

Will be back next year

Other members of the Timson family

• Stayed October 2013
grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay, it is always nice to meet no customers and we hope you will join us again.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Grays Hotel is a brilliant, family friendly hotel in a great location not too far away from Blackpool town centre, The Blackpool Tower, Sealife Centre, beach etc.

I have visited this hotel on numerous occasions with my family and Gary & Jill are great hosts and so easy to get along with.

The rooms are of good standard and size and are cleaned to a very high standard, with all the facilities you would need. The food is lovely at both breakfast and tea with a wide range of selection to choose from at both meal times.

All this for a very reasonable price, I highly recommend this hotel!

See you soon Gary & Jill,

The Timson family.

1 Thank Thomas641
grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
It was a pleasure to see you all again and we are glad that once again enjoyed your stay.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

myself my wife & my inlaws booked two rooms over the phone room 11 & 14 when we arrived we were told that they had given room 11 to someone else, my father inlaw explained that we always book those rooms & that we were told it was ok, Jill then said you cannot book certain rooms so I said that if i had known that room 11 wasnt available I wouldn't have bother coming she then told me & my wife to get out, just go, to which my father inlaw exclaimed what! she said just get them out I dont want them here. So be prepared to be asked to leave when you book here. Rest assured we will not stay there again but 2 doors down the street is the Rocklea which has a much better host in sue & tony.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
You failed to say that your inlaws actually stayed with us refusing to leave with you and where extemely embarrassed by your attitude. We confirm bookings after a deposit has been payed and are for either a standard or a superior room. No deposit was received and you were offered the superior room as an alternatve on the day. We regret that we had to ask you to leave but your attitude lrft us no choice. We are here to please but not to be abused.
nottingham
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thanks once again to Jill and Garry for their wonderful hospitality,stayed here for one night for the illuminations with our 4 year old Grandson.evrything about the hotel and owners are wonderful,breakfast is out of this world and nothing is too much trouble for them,Thanks again

1 Thank susan n
grays62, Owner at The Grays Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Than you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay again and look forward to seeing you in the future