“Blackpool Holiday August 2012”
Review of The Belvedere

The Belvedere
Ranked #486 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our annual Blackpool holiday would not be complete without our stay at "The Belvedere". Terry and Chris are excellent hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them and the hotel meets all my family's requirements for the perfect holiday hotel. Cofortable bed and surroundings and excellent food. I am really grateful for the lift because after the meals served in this establishment, I would be unable to climb the stairs. Many thanks for all your hard work from The Gardner Family

Room Tip: Front rooms with a Tower view.
1  Thank Michael G

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We found this hotel to be very clean,The rooms were spotless and well equipped with everything needed. The hosts were very friendly and always on hand if anything was needed, Will definately stay here again,Thanks for a lovely comfortable stay. Linda

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hi there Terry & Chris,
We all absolutely loved our experience with you both & your fab team.
Just want to thank you for everything you do :)
And thanks for getting out bottle of "Malibu" :)
Breakfast was lovely, our Rooms were just Perfect, Very clean and Tidy.

Thanks again

Simone & Mark Proffitt with children + Friend..aka booked by Mrs T Gardiner.. :)

Room Tip: anywhere is good, as the Belvedere has a Lift .
3  Thank sim3078
Reviewed August 20, 2012

stayed at The Belvedere Hotel for 7 nights,group of 5. We all had a great time.
The rooms were clean,fresh towels provided daily-showers spotless!
The owners of the hotel were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.The other members of staff were pleasant and polite.
The meals were lovely,more than satisfied!-fresh,hot and plenty for all.
A good time was had by all of us
Many thanks Terry,Chris and staff!

2  Thank susan d
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Avoid this hovel at all costs. Seriously. We heard The Belvedere was a good hotel and was naive enough to think there would be one. The authorities should enforce a name change on the idiot who runs this place.

When I first turned up, I thought it was the cast from Phoenix Nights...only Brian Potter manages to provide entertainment (even from a wheelchair). The wife of Brian himself was sat in the lounge, stretching her feet with her shoes off and when we turned it was like a chore that we arrived. The manager (her wonderful, accommodating hubby - NOT - and Potter lookalike) then appeared and starts giving me a lecture on keys regarding odds and evens. This is his party piece and that is as exciting as it gets. He took me up the 1970's decor of creaky stairs, poor carpet and rank wallpaper into a room that has to be the WORST place I have ever stayed. £207 for 2 nights bed and breakfast, I was expecting more than a stay with a spin off Anthony Perkins would have been proud of.

Thankfully, this was a weekend where the hotel wasn't the biggest feature and there were places to go outside of it. Went to 2 lovely restuarants (Michael Wan's Mandarin and AJ's) and tried to get it into my head that The Belvedere was just a bed to get my head down. However, I have a few more nightmares to share just so you never make the same mistake that I did.

The door for the bathroom in room 21 is off its hinges, the chair in room 21 has a hole in it where my backside was stuck (I thought I was going to have to go to the Pleasure Beach with my very own chair at one point!) and I went to take advantage of a complimentary mint in reception. The plastic bowl came with me as these bad boys were WELDED into the bowl.

Breakfast, don't get me started. Potter and his merry men cook with grub early doors (and it could very well be days and days old) and sling it into metal containers for you to 'help yourself' Yum yum - NOT! Help, I thought I was in hell. So, what do I do? Go for the safe options of Weetbix, I munch my first bite and see the expiry date of August 2011. A Weetabix biscuit a year out of date. Then I checked the Cocopops - April 2012. Oh dear.

Another thing, Potter says the bar is closed and there is no entertainment due to another couple who are staying who don't drink. Entertainment is advertised outside as is a 'Cocktal bar'. None of this was available. Next thing? Potter is helping himself to his own lager, sitting in the lounge lugging pints down his neck like there was no tomorrow.

Came back on both evenings and Phoenix Nights turned into the Star Wars disco, old people style. Oldies were lined up, watching TV in Potter's lounge whilst he is still feeding himself his own lager from his closed bar.

Upon exit, Potter says 'See you again'. I placed the keys in his hand and said 'You won't', and walked out.

This will be remembered for the nightmares and the comedy. You could seriously create the funniest sketch on this place. It really is hilarious...only if you haven't paid £207 and got it mixed up with the other Blackpool Belvedere Hotels.

Only enjoy if you have money to burn and fancy a weekend stay from hell...and watch out for the bird muck on the cushions and the windows.

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!
10  Thank ChrisGower1975
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Very poor service very poor customer relations problems ignored meals very late decor poor seating many seats with holes over all grubby.
Went with bus tour from N Ireland in July heard many people saying dissapointed and not coming back neither will my wife and i.
J&M.

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank dickson520
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We travelled as two couples.We arrived at 8.30pm, First impessions were "looks a bit grubby". We were greeted by " The owner" i think, he never introduced himself, Our rooms were dated but clean. Bathroom was a bit of a squeeze, shower grout had black bits in it. carpet had marks on it, furniture was old and well worn, tea & coffee in room. Paper thin walls, could here people in rooms either side talking. Breakfast was very good, lots of variety of cereals, and fruit. Full english, help yourself, tea, coffee, fruit juice, toast etc. Outside hotel was filthy, Floor tiles not been cleaned for a long time, slippy with green slime. Personally we wouldn;t stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple