“excellent b&b”

Ranked #590 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
southport
“excellent b&b”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here on sat 4th Oct after reading good reviews on here and they were generally accurate the hotel itself is showing a bit of wear and tear but this did not spoil our stay or put us off.When we arrived we had about a 5 minute wait but only because Anne the manageress was finishing off our room,whilst booking in we had a nice chat for a good 10 minutes or more and found Anne very friendly and welcoming, our room was very clean,i even did a 4 in a bed scene but found no hairs on the sheets etc "ha ha" we had a lovely sea view, tea coffee facilities the water was piping hot we had the window open and although we could here a lot of traffic noise this didn't bother us and it is Blackpool so is to be expected, we had a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was excellent with very good service and very friendly staff we had a full English there was also orange and cereals tea coffee etc all included in the price and at £55 was excellent value for money if we returned to Blackpool we would most certainly stay here again.I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay all be it only one night.

Room Tip: if you do not like traffic noise get a room at the rear
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brilin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Welcoming, clean, uncluttered and good transport links. Breakfast was great, fresh and well cooked. Staff very fiendly. Bar well stocked with a good sea view.
Really good hotel close enough to Blackpool for a night out but far enough away from town for no stag and hen parties.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BecksCarr
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Just returned from our 3rd event organised yearly visit to this Hotel which kind of says it all.
If you want that small Hotel family charm establishment then this is the place.
For our group of 50 people Anne organised some very good singing artists to entertain us in the evening.
Anne and Mustafa are some of the friendliest Hotel owners I have met and the staff they employ mirror their attitude.The catering provided by Anne is that wholesome home cooked style which is always freshly prepared and plentiful.The Hotel is clean and inviting with lift access to the upper floors and unobstructed views to the front across Queens Promenade and out to sea
Just far enough out of Blackpool center to be quiet but near enough to visit on foot or by Tram/Bus which stop right by the Hotel.
The only improvement I would say the Hotel needs is some TLC to the lobby reception area as it currently does not do justice to the Hotel beyond.But don't be put off by this it is a Family Run Gem of a Hotel .

Ian B

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ian B
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I did not actually stay at the hotel, but was there for a wake after a funeral recently. Having not been to Blackpool for a few years I enjoyed my return (perhaps that is not the right word for a funeral) and this hotel was lovely, clean, and welcoming to the people that went. The little buffet put on was perfect, fresh and served with delicious coffee (I am a coffee addict).

I keep telling myself I will go to Blackpool for a long weekend but it is something I just never get around to, but having seen this hotel and met the manager I am considering a weekend break in the Spring!

Lovely scenic views from the restaurant looking out onto the sea, windy day when I was there but that is what Blackpool is about! I shall definitely plan to book a room with you next year!

Room Tip: Located at the North End of Blackpool I noticed there was a bus and tram service outside so there is...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FreedomButterfly
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We have just spent 3 days at the Blue C with my 90 year old dad, Anne and Mustapha the owners were brilliant with him nothing was too much trouble. This was our second visit with dad and we were not disappointed the food and welcome second to none. My husband, myself and another couple take a group who take over the whole hotel in November, this year will be our third year, and last year we were full before we left, that speaks for itself.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jean L
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2011

£24 pounde for double room,shower,tv,tea making facilities. i found the hotel to be comfortable and had friendly staff with a superb breakfast (eggs were perfection). i would definately stay again. During my stay my daughter had a fundraising evening at the hotel
it went very well and the staff were accomodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We used this hotel on the 26th of febuary for a fundraising event and from the moment we went in to enquire we were made feel so welcome.
I have held 2 other events and found them quite stressful it was so different this time I think that was down to ann and her staff
Everything in this hotel is superb and I would defo recomend them for any functions and for an enjoyable relaxing stay ,we had 9 guests stay over at this hotel and all of them
Have said they'll stay again.

There are a lot of hoteliers in this town who really don't care but that is NOT the case at Blue C

So ann and all the staff a massive thank you and well c ya next year

• Stayed February 2011