“brill time again”

Add it.
Glenbarrie Hotel
Ranked #638 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Me and my husband recently had our fourth visit at the bed and breakfast n the central of Blackpool and would like to say that the owners Claire and her husband Brian are really friendly and hard working people to keep up the good standards at the bed and breakfast
Thank you very much , we will be coming to see you again on our next visit to Blackpool.

Michele and Stephen Andrews, South Wales

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Lovely B&B, great people and really friendly. makes you feel at home straight away.

we had a lovely breakfast and few beers at the bar :)
great location and just really home like.

will be staying here again when we next come to blackpool.

Thanks x

Room Tip: Great if you just want a place to stay where its cheap and you get looked after :) no preference wit...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Me my 5 month pregnant wife and 3 children booked up to stay at this B&B after staying the previous year before. On booking I was told no deposit was needed. So we took the 3 hour journey with 3 hyper children only to be told on arrival by the female owner in a abrupt manner "we have let your room out to someone else" because they had no deposit. Which I would have left if required. Obviously I questioned her about our room and again her reply was " I don't like your manner go somewhere else". So that left us looking for a new hotel at 4.00pm on the last weekend of the lights and kids half term. And our youngest who is 5 only this year has just recovered from open heart surgery. I would never recommend anyone to stay at this bed and breakfast with customer service an absolute zero. This so called family run hotel makes Fawlty towers look like the Hilton. Disgrace. Ended up at a premier inn with great service and same price.

• Stayed: November 2012
landladyBlackpool, Owner at Glenbarrie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

As all our guests past and present know ....we ALWAYS ask for a £10 per person deposit, this is why we went to the expense of installing Streamline, normally a phone number is taken at the time of the provisional booking so that follow up checks can be made before cancelling, unfortunately no number had been given.
I feel that your seriously low rating is somewhat petty as you stated that this was a return visit from last year.... a visit that you surely wouldnt have made, had the place been as bad as you makeout.
You also fail to mention that dispite your rude and agressive manner and lack of deposit, I did my best to offer alternative accomodation ...
I am very sorry that there was a mix up, I did my best to sort it and I do understand your annoyance...but at the end of the day deposits must be paid or phone calls to confirm prior to arrival.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Not having been here for a couple of years all it took was a phone call to ask if Brian and Claire had a room for 2 to 3 nights. Arrived, the same warm welcome, friendly banter and an hug from both to greet me, felt as though I had come to see my family. As per usual great stay, great to die for breakfast, kept me going till after 5pm! Will be back very soon, as a neighbour next time, renting a property across town. See you soon Brian and Claire, thank you for looking after me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Me and the wife stayed here for 1 night on Saturday 28th July 2012, as we were there for the Northern Rail Final, Halifax versus Featherstone.The hotel is adequate, the breakfast is amazing, the location is ideal.The owners are great.Shame about the person who threw up in the bathroom and couldnt clean it, (shared facilities) but hey ho thats not the owners fault.I will stay here again and definitely would recommend.By the way great value too.If they fancy opening up at xmas give me a shout i will come.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

There was 6 of us that stayed here for the weekend and we was all so pleased and had no complaints at all. We stay in Blackpool a lot and have stayed in many places, we have enjoyed our stay here, the best by far and will be booking here again on our next visit.

We was made to feel so welcome which helped us relax and enjoy our weekend, the rooms was great, good size and very clean. Breakfast in the morning was brill (especially for a hangover cure) haha and the location is great as well.

Nice Bar with cheap drinks - how can you complain. Few beers before heading out for the night .Everything was great and look forward to staying here again. Dan & Gang x

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

six (male friends) of us stayed here in 3 twin rooms on a staurday(28/07/2012) for a night in blackpool .The b&b was very good ,,nice and clean , with a small bar with decent priced drinks . The owners where very friendly and helpfull ,soon has we got there, we where given our keys for the rooms and fresh towels .The next morning we had a full english breakfast /coffee/fruit juice ,toast/ which was very good .Will be going to blackpool again and will stay at the Glenbarrie for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends