“Will go back there for every blackpool visit”
Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Astoria Hotel
Ranked #507 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“Will go back there for every blackpool visit”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 24th july 2012 and the stay was lovely. We stayed here for my sons 2nd birthday and as we had a trip planned we asked Val and Tony if we could leave our bags there and check in later. They let us check in early (2 hours) and gave us our room straight away. They even changed our room as we had 2 buggies and 2 children to carry up and dow stairs. Lovely and very accomodating. Will definately be back on our next visit to blackpool.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Scotland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Been going here for 10 years + for World Matchplay Darts
Central town location, minutes from the Winter Gardens.
Good prices, rooms clean and tidy.
Excellent breakfasts, full english breakfast.
Helpfull, friendly Staff, bend over backwards to accomodate guests.
I will keep returning here every year.

Room Tip: Quieter room at back of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ETisha
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The B&B is a typical Blackpool place to stay, the owners are great, very nice people and gave a warm welcome.

Although the price paid was good i was disappointed that the room was very small.
My biggest gripe is that the towels were not changed during our stay Friday - Monday! Please take note Astoria!
Also the cups for tea/coffee were not cleaned or changed after the first use.

Minor things that are easily put right, just a little TLC required to get it spot on.

Breakfast was fab, very tasty.

Overall a 7/10

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hi, what a fantastic little place, could not have asked for a more helpful, family friendly place to welcome us to Blackpool for a trip to the World Matchplay Darts 2012. A great couple of days with the bonus of being able to relax and have nothing to worry about with our accommodation. Most welcoming people we met and helpful with tips on where to eat and find our way about, lovely food and a beautiful clean bed to come home to.

Many thanks for having us and believe me if we return we will come and stay again.

Thanks again

Moira, Steph M, Jayne, Steph G, Anne P, Katie, Cat, Ali, Yvonne and Pastie
Grosvenor B Gals
Isle of Man

PS, apologies for the glitter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Val was very accommodating and couldn't have done more to help us enjoy our stay. For the low price we paid we weren't expecting the world however the beds were very comfy, with lovely bedding, so we actually got a lot more than what we thought. The place was very clean and tidy, the staff were all smiley and welcoming and the location was perfect with only a 4/5 minute walk from the seafront and not even a five minute walk to the shopping centre. We would definitely stay here again, thanks val + Tony for a great stay at the Astoria! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fleetwood
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My son stayed at this hotel 16/7 to 20/7 i am not writing a review for him but for my own personal experiences at the Astoria. I did not stay here but as my son was up from Oxford with his girlfriend i asked, when he was booking in would it be possible to join them for breakfast with no hesitation Val (the owner ) said we would be welcome !! So it was planned that we would have breakfast together Wednesday morning.
We arrived at the Hotel which was busy because of the golf and were given a really warm welcome shown to our table and had a very good breakfast. After breakfast Val gave us her time talking to us and actually took an interest in what we had to say no false smiles or the odd yes an no thrown in for good measure but a genuine warm conversation.
The breakfast i was fully prepared to pay £20 for two of us which i felt to be a fair price and well worth it and asked to settle, to my surprise Val told us that it was on the house and there was no extra charge !! It was a great breakfast and not because it was free !!
In this day and age were a lot of hotels are struggling to make ends meet i found this to be a very nice gesture and felt that people should know the kindness and hospitality of this hotel !!
As a foot note we found the hotel to be warm and comfortable on a very wet and cold day !
Thank you Val and Tony for your generosity and hospitality
Rob and family xx

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

i booked this hotel as a treat for me and my partner for our 2 year anniversary, i thought id book a double deluxe room as an added extra treat from looking at the photos...on arrival we couldnt find parking and when we eventually did it was quite expensive. The owners were very friendly toward us but also told us that there had been a few leaks in some of the bedrooms and that a recent guest had woken up to wallpaper that had fell on his face due to it peeling off because of the leak, doesn;t sound very reassuring! we went into our room and were appalled, a supposed double deluxe room had a double four poster bed and also a single bed...not very double deluxe to me, the en-suite was TINY we could of used the toilet brushed our teeth and showered all at the same time! the four poster bed was very uncomfotable and the voile drapes around it had mould on them! on returning to ther hotel on the evening at 9:45pm the bar was closed and no-one at all around! all in all a very dissapointing stay especially as the owners knew it was for a special occasion as i had emailed them! wont be returning and will not be recommending i to anyone i know!

Room Tip: avoid the astoria blackpoo!!!l
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim B
valBlackpool, Owner at Astoria Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Normally I don't reply to reviews as a bit of contstructive critisism is always taken on board and the matter dealt with,

But I always say to my guests "If you need anything Please just ask me" and I could have changed your room if you wern't happy with the four poster bedroom I really thought I was making your 1 night stay a little bit special. Many of my returning guests really like that room especially families with little girls.

As for ensuites we feel that they are adequate for the size of the rooms otherwise we would have to make the rooms smaller to adjust for them,

Myself and my team work really hard to make the Astoria clean and comfortable, and I am quite proud of my Hotel,
As for the conversation about the wallpaper we were on about the weather and I Shouldn't have mentioned it really but that room has been fully redecorated to the highest standard , but we were in the midddle of having a new roof and unfortunatly as England has had the most dire weather with the rain I think we got off quite lightly, and the guests that it happened to understood and were moved to another room,

I am sorry that you felt you had to write this review,