“Faultless food & service”
Review of Tiramisu - CLOSED

Tiramisu
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Description: Nestled in the heart of Blackpool you will find our little gem of a restaurant, serving Italian and Mediterranean cuisine - with Fish Dishes being our speciality. We offer an intimate atmosphere, perfect for romantic meals or larger celebrations.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Owner Claudio is without doubt the best restaurant front of house I've ever seen, he must have eyes in the back of his head. We came for a meal before going on to see Micky Flanagan at the Opera House. The restaurant was very busy but the food and the service were excellent. Because we had a gig to get to, I got the bill and paid quite hurriedly.

On the walk down to the gig it dawned on me that we must have been seriously undercharged.

Went back after the gig and spoke to owner Claudio. He insisted that we hadn't been undercharged so I went through the bill with him.
"You haven't charged me for the wine"
"That's OK"
"You haven't charged me for the Amaretto"
"Ah, that was on the house"
"You haven't charged me for desert"
"You only had one between you"

"I feel bad Claudio, even if the Amaretto was on the house, it's at least another £10....

....Claudio seemed reluctant to take the money and insisted it would only be acceptable if I took a couple of bottles of Peroni to have when I got home!"

That just made a great end to what had already been a very enjoyable night.

There are newer reviews for Tiramisu

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked the week before and asked for a nice table as it was our anniversary but this did not happen :-( We had mushrooms to start which were delicious but there wasn't much. We both had steak for the main course. Again very tasty but just short of £22 a little expensive for Blackpool although I don't mind paying more when it's nice & a special occasion.
My main gripe is the wine! We ordered a bottle of house rose. We got a bottle of Echo Falls. £4 in the supermarket but obviously restaurants add extra. We were charged £16.90!!! For Echo Falls! Maybe I should have questioned it on the night but it was a celebration so I didn't want to ruin our evening. A shame as I've always like this place in the past & the food is well cooked.

1  Thank SarahJB71
Reviewed May 10, 2013

after hearing great reviews about this place i was looking forward to a meal here for a friends hen do. as a large party we all chose from the set menu. i had pate to start which was nice then lasagna to follow which i cut in to and found a hair. the waiter was apologetic and insisted i had another lasagna but was totally put off. it was a busy Friday night but seemed very under staffed and peoples meals were still coming out when people had finished. very disappointed!

1  Thank zar1122
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this place twice when i have been on holiday in Blackpool and it is brilliant. The food is gorgeous and the staff are friendly and attentive. This is my definition of real Italian food. I would recommend this place to anyone but if you plan to go i would book in advance as it is always very busy. If you visit Blackpool and do not visit Tiramisu you will be missing out on a great meal, great service and great value!!

2  Thank AlfieMoon12
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited April 2013, as this was recommended by our hotel owners. Had a fantastic meal, reasonable price, good atmosphere and great staff - will be back!