“Give the guys some credit”
Review of Trades Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trades Hotel
Ranked #91 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Blackpool
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We are regular visitors to Trades & come back time & again for the simple reason it has something special that others dont offer Neil, Chris & the staff.
If youre only comment from a stay at Trades is that it would look better with nicer carpets you have missed out on what it is really about, a safe & friendly place where you are treated with respect & meet people from all backgrounds & have a chance to make some genuine friends.
I have stayed at Trades many times & the posted comments I have read about drug use, rent boys & rude staff have a definate essence of fiction & sour grapes to me.
I would not hesitate in recommending a stay at Trades to anyone, ignore the fiction & go see for yourselves.
I know the boys & the staff will work hard to make you welcome & youre stay comfortable but they arent miracle workers, if mother nature was unkind & you are upset that nobody knocked on youre door tonight dont blame the boys & make up stories that are such master pieces of fiction JK Rowling would be pleased to create them.
Give the guys a break & some support, what they offer the community is unique & valuable so come on guys support them, does a new carpet really matter more than a truly safe place to stay & play??

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Boltonbois

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Trades is an institution. Get one of the renovated rooms then you can relax and and wait for the fun later in the night...you even get a great breakfast. This year I got one of the worst rooms ever - even the reception warned me not to be put off by the ceiling in the bathroom! There really isn't an excuse for the mess that some of hotel is in - it could still be sleazy and fun without the ceiling tiles falling down - Sleaze doesn't have to be dirty. So make sure you get a renovated room, take an extra towel and your own shower gel, enjoy the breakfast and know that even with a locked door those pesky gentleman callers will always be knocking until 6! But if you not prepared to drop your normal standards - don't come!

• Stayed: July 2011
13  Thank vanartus
Reviewed July 11, 2011

if your a man in his seventies , who has lost his sense of smell ,so you can't smell the vile stench , nothing working , spending a night sleeping in a room fit for a tramp, upstairs looking as tho its that old its about to fall apart, putting up with rude staff (apart from a guy on check in during the day in fairness) then this is defo the place for you .....

anyone else all i can say is DON'T make the mistake of stopping here , i would rather sleep on the pier and it would be cleaner !!!

Room Tip: horrible disgusting dirty smelly tramps house.....
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank lovetogetaway1978
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels and b&bs up and down the UK.
I have worked in the tourist industry , and have run my own successful Guest house. I know what exactly to look out for and exactly what standard the premises shud be up to.
This Trades hotel is probably one of the most unclean hotels I have ever stayed in .
The owner has failed to or renewed anything at all that has been broked .
The blinds in the rooms do not cover the windows. The paint is falling off the celings the carpets are discusting. It is very bad.

Room Tip: dont go
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank jerry667786
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Dirty Dirty Dirty..... The toilet was leaking, the shower was filthy, hair everywhere, mould on the shower curtain a tv that didnt work and brown dirty marks on the sheets..on top of all that we had our mobile phones stolen because the door wouldnt lock properly and when reported to the Inebriated member of staff, it was a couldnt care less attitude..I have never stayed in such a shabby dirty place like it and WONT be staying or reccomending this hovel again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank Ryan580426
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I go to Blackpool every New Year and except one have spent the last three in Trades. As many people have commentated before you do not go there for the quiet weekend away. The name of the hotel gives the game away slightly and I have never had any problems there - staff go out of there way to help you and what is wrong with a communal shower,do you have something us other guys dont ? I would stay there again and is the first one I check up on for vacancies - so if you are going to Blackpool for a quiet weekend there are loads of cheap hotels on the seafront,you going for a 'different' experience then Trades is for you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
8  Thank harry7574
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Please do not stay at this so-called hotel. Where do I start? The thing of many that shocked us the most was the clearly underage rent boys who were employed there to accost the unsuspecting guests! We couldn't get any sleep for the music blaring out all through the night. When we went down to reception at 3am to complain to the staff, the staff were around the bar snorting cocaine and cavorting with the previosly mentioned teenage sex workers. We left the next morning, a night before we were due to leave and were told very rudely by the manager that there was no possibility of refunds. Even after we had politely explained our issues with the hotel. The staff are polite when taking your money but when issues arise, they are extremely unhelpful. I would never recommend anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends