“great break”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Appleton House

Appleton House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Appleton House
Ranked #280 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“great break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

just had short stay at appleton house blackpool sharon & roger were brilliant hosts look after you well, good food and we could not ask for better will go back again very good location etc for all blackpool has to offer ,jack and den buckinghamshire.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank jack s

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this B&B. Sharon & Roger were more than helpful. They make a fab breakfast & there was plenty of it. We'll def b statin there again. The location is great & your a stones throw away from the bars etc.

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Betchy
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed our weekend in august 2013 in Appleton house. We stayed there in 2011 for a week the meals they do are beautiful we missed 2012 because I was in hospital for 53 days so the break we had in august was brilliant Sharon & roger are brilliant hosts .I hope next time we come Darren & Amy & they son will be with us see u next year thank's for a fab weekend Rob & Sharon

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sharon459
North West England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely few days at Appleton House. We have previously stopped at a different B&B, but decided to try Appleton House as it was slightly cheaper and more central.

The food was really nice, and there was plenty of it. The room was very comfortable, and the hosts were extremely welcoming. The only faults I could really point out - and even then it's only if I was being picky - is that the bedroom furniture was a little dilapidated, and teatime at 4pm was a bit too early for my liking.

We would be more than happy to return, and for value for money I doubt you could find a better place in Blackpool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank sufi1975
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Appleton for the past 5 years and would recomend it to anyone. Sharon and Roger are excellent hosts and always greet you with a smile and a hug.
Could not fault anything, rooms clean and tidy,food a plenty, nothing is to much trouble for Sharon and Roger, could not believe someone could put up a negative review.
We certainly will keep coming to the Appleton and cant wait to go there in October. Calum and Carron

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank calum a
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

sharon and roger excellent hosts , welcomed you with a smile and throughout our whole stay any requests were not to much trouble. Could not fault the the food there was plenty of it. On reading through the reviews we read an extremley negitive review which we could not disagree with it more as we found our stay brilliant and will certainly be going back again. June and Ron

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank June B
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Appleton house on numerous occasions on group holidays and also couples holidays. This year however I was utterly disappointed with the place. Myself and three friends had arranged a weekend away in August so I recommended Appleton house. First problem we encountered was we had booked two twin rooms en- suite. We were told this was available. However, the owner rang up to tell us in fact she has double booked and that we had two doubles instead. These were not en suite (the website states that all rooms are en suite which is NOT the case) so between four of us we had one shower and one toilet. Of which I had to walk down two lots of stairs in order to use these facilities. The room was also stated that it was a double- again this is not the case as two people cannot sleep comfortable in the so called 'double bed' and there was no space for anything!! So that was the first dissapointment. I will state a positive - the breakfast is great in the morning and you do eat a lot!
The next and probably worst part about this place is the 'friendly welcome' the website states that you get. If I was a critic I would say it is more like 'give me your money and I will put a fake smile on for you to humour you' welcome. Harsh? Maybe but as stated before I have been coming to the Appleton house for years and the owners are really not welcoming anymore. They were actually quite rude to myself and my friends particularly when we came back from our nights out. We were not a loud gang and on both nights we stayed the owners came outside as we were talking quietly, shot myself very dirty looks and told us to shut up and get inside. Now for me - that is not very professional!
All in all if you want a cold welcome, a mediocre room, a very small shower (in your room if you are lucky!!) and a curfew when going out at night then this is the place for you!!
NOT recommended for fun out going people looking for a great time!!!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank PoorLulu88
appletonhouse, Owner at Appleton House, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Oh Laura your so out of order

1st Shelly was given the choice of 2 small rooms both with double beds (but no en-suite) at a discounted rate, or I could book them into another hotel.
I asked her to speak to you because you had been before and new the layout of rooms.
But Shelly insisted the 2 rooms in question would be fine.

2nd The shower and toilet is quite ample and only services those 2 rooms, they are cleaned regulary and the shower room is stocked with free soaps, shampoos sprays ect everything you can think of

3rd as for a friendly welcome. WELL !
You were greeted with a hug and kiss, you asked were you could park the car, a parking space was saved for you in front of the house, your bags were taken to your rooms for you, when you came down you were asked if everything was ok, at which point you all replyed everything is fine

4th Payment

Never ever does this establishment ask guests for payment on arrival as we feel it is not very welcoming when you 1st arrive, so payment is always left to the guests discretion, be it on arrival, during the stay or as in your case on departure.

5th Yes you were politly asked at 3am in the morning to keep the loud shouting down out of respect for all our other guests.
Despite the request the loudness continued in the room, this was found out after a complaint had been made by guests in the next room.
We do know that from time to time we will get drunk discourteous people that show no consideration for other guests so when in receipt of such complaints usually next morning, using tact and skill gained from experience we are normally able to rectify the situation with minimum fuss.
So all in all to sum up 98% of our guests in the last 8 years have left happy having stayed in one of our nice rooms with more than adaquote en-suite facilities (which can be viewed on our web site)
Also guests enjoy the freedom to come an go as they please by having there own front door
and room keys, and the majority of our guests who are fun outgoing people, who are returning from a fun night out do have the courtesy to be quite if they are coming in late at night or the early hours