“fantastic time”

Ranked #605 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“fantastic time”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family stayed here for the September weekend,the room was small but comfortable and clean. The owners Kevin and Lynne were very helpful and hospitable they made sure you were very welcome and anything you required was available. ie ,milk, sugar, free view set ect .It has been the most liveliest hotel I've stayed in and i have been going to Blackpool for 12 years. The banter in the bar was brilliant, we had a great laugh with other guests and everyone had a great night at the karaoke. The breakfast was first class you had a huge variety to choose from. Definitely a great value for money hotel, i would use this hotel again and would recommend it to friends and family. You could do a lot worse in Blackpool hotels than this one. Owen Anne Marie and David.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Got to this hotel yesterday was very nice its the best hotel we have stayed in blackpool the owners were lovely breakfast was lovely and tasty our was nice will stay again when we come to blackpool hope ur daughter gets better soon

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Kevin and lyn were lovely, me and my boyfriend had a lovely stay. The room was very clean that we stayed in. Kevin and lyn are very welcoming and great people, it makes your stay much better with people like that. The breakfast was really good and they both do as much as they can to make sure you have a brill stay while your there. It is the second time I have been and I will defo stay there again if I go.I recommend this hotel to any couples who want a break together. Thank you kevin and lynn.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Firstly yes the owners are nice people. I would have got to know them more if I'd sat at the small bar at night possibly.
The breakfasts are fantastic and you get a lot of choice.
The location is perfect, 100 yards from pleasure beach, sand castle and south pier.
Now I'm being honest in saying the hotel and rooms are dirty and in desperate need of decoration. I've stayed several times in the typical " blackpool b&b" and accept rooms are small, some are quite dated etc but I was surprised at how bad this place was.
The owners daughter sat about all day in the living area picking her feet and drinking tea.she would sit in the doorway smoking which is bad when you have young children around. And to top it off at night she sat drugged out her head on the steps leading in, that out of it she never heard us asking her to move, my kids were terrified!
Our room the family with bunk beds wasn't even hoovered, we found a beer can and pant under the bunk beds.
Again I'm being honest when I say a quick coat of paint would slightly improve the room. I'm posting pics of the bathroom just to highlight how dirty it was.
I don't expect 5 star if I'm not paying five star but £140 for 2 nights to be greatest with such a dirty room is not on.
The owners must give the place a freshen up, tell the daughter to respect guests and stop sitting around drugged up, turn heating and hot water on.
But in general the place could be lovely but it's not. Although owners are nice I'm sure their bedroom and toilet are cleaner than the rooms they sell.
I would not return with young kids or at all even.
Sorry but true, I'm no snob but basic cleanliness is a must!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Pablodahibee
kevminion, Owner at Marine Villa Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your "honest helpful review". We felt it necessary to reply as you obviously did not read tripadvisors guidelines about slanderous or insulting comments. Our daughter has never taken drugs in her life. She was staying here after a bad car crash for a few days to recover from her injuries, whiplash and badly bruised feet with numbness, and still recovering from an operation. She was on strong medication. She dosen't even live here. You arrived one hour before check in and your room was just being finished, and was hoovered by Kevin, while you chose to wait in the bar. The hot water and heating are thermostatically controlled and on constantly, so no, the heating did not click on in mid August . Still looking for beer can and pants which were not in your rubbish. Tried to ring you, but with given the same false phone number twice, it was not possible. And as for "some rooms quite dated", you only saw one room. Our rooms are exactly as the pictures on the internet . Yes some rooms are quite small in our victorian era hotel, and some show signs of wear and tear as do all other busy hotels do. Lana and Cazzers' previous reviews stayed in that room shortly before you.

Once again thank you for your "Honest Helpful Review"

Marine Villa
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband spent a week there on our honeymoon. As soon as we waked threw the door we was warmly greeted. We booked 5 nights but ended up booking an extra 2 nights there even though they was busy they still shifted a bookin into a similar room so we could stay in ours. It was lovely and clean and we was asked nearly everyday if we needed anything towels etc. The breakfast was nice with a wide choice both food and drink. The street was nice and close to things. If we go back to blackpool we would return here. Many thanks for a pleasent stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Me, my husband and 2 kids (10 and 3 months) stayed for 2 nights and although room small it was no problem Kevin made sure we had enough room put travel cot up. Had karaoke and giggles in the bar on the nighttime and breakfast was absolutely lovely both mornings. We look forward to returning and wish Kevin and Lynne all the best on becoming first time grandparents x

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Everytime we go to blackpool we will only stay at the marine villa we recommend it to everyone and anyone who says there going to blackpool the b nb is welcoming, clean,lovely breakfast and there so friendly, lynne and kevin are wonderful so warm and welcoming we always say when we stay its like our home from home its a great family b n b would recommend to everyone. Many thanks to lynne n Kevin for a wonderful stay everytime. C you soon from sam, lauren, shannon and yvonne xx

• Stayed July 2013