“Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Glasgow
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice hotel our room was quite small & very stuffy but was just a place to put our head down. Evening dinners were lovely, breakfast bit hectic in the mornings with queuing up & could have been doing with a wee bit more on my plate i.e. tomatoes, mushrooms etc. Hectic at check in time but to be expected when all arriving at once staff friendly & helpful.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fee799
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Fee 799,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Paisley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

we kinda stayed there in july,,we booked in,went to our room which was meant to be a sea view,couldnt see out of windows,hadnt been washed in yrs,,room was stinking of dampness,wallpaper hanging of walls,waste pipe for toilet leaking,smell was awfull,complained to manager she showed us 2 other rooms that were middens,broucher said ALL ROOMS HAVE BEEN REFURBISHED IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS,rubbish,,went to see about our FREE travel passess only to be told that you had to give them a £10 deposit,when this was questioned by myself & another couple we were told its in the small print,nothing on small print to say anything about deposit,,when further questioned i was told i had an attitude problem,i was harrassing the dipsy receptionist,being accused of saying the staff were useless & the hotel should be bombed,we were there as 2 couples to enjoy our short stay,why the hell would i say something like that,i work with local council & work with the public on a daily bassis,i know how to speak to people unlike manager & her staff,,later on that night when we walked past the hotel the manager & one of her muppets came out & grabbed me by the arm asking us to come back in to be told to pack our belongings & leave the hotel,this was at 9PM,she went back to the harrasment story & the decision had been made for us to be flung out,,we asked to see the cctv but they wouldnt let us see it,we got a full refund that night & had to go find a b& b to stay in the rest of wk end,b&b was spotless unlike THE ROYAl SEABANK.they should drop the royal part,i had 2 witnessess that could have backed my story up as these 2 ladies were asking about travel passess at the same time,,now i wish i had got the police involved & got so called manager charged with assault,,if they cant handle pressure why be in this line of work then accuse people of harrasment,its not the first time that she has used that exscuse,ive read it on other reviews,,so people be carefull of wich hotel you stay in & dont talk back to the staff or you maybe end up the way we did,,,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank gsxrrizla
falkirk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just back from fri- mon with blackpool promotions, chaos at checkin times, reception area is far to smalk for the amount of people all waiting to check in of lots of coaches from scotland, room was nice and clean, stairs are very uneven they all go to the one side , food well ive tasted alot better , mealsnot very good I thought, kids menu had a better choice, roast beef dinner on sunday night was tuk, hardly anyone around where we sat ate even half of it, staff are, diidnt think it was the cleanest of hoteks either, would I return here simple answer not even if you gave me it freemas were alot of other people saying the same thing.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank weeang
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear weeang,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

Check in days to tend to be very busy with people arriving and departing at the same time, however we do try to ensure that all guests are checked in as efficiently as possible.

The stairs in around the hotel do not slope to the best of my knowledge and I haven't received any complaints of this sort previously.

I do apologise if you did not enjoy the meals during your stay, had you reported this at the time either myself or a member of staff would have been more than happy to help with your complaint.

The hotel is cleaned throughout the day and night by our team of housekeepers, and again had you reported this at the time I would have had any issues seen to straight away.

I am sorry that you will not be returning, however I feel this is a little unfair as not reporting any issues directly gives the hotel no opportunity to deal with any issues.

Regards

Bellshill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have just returned from a weekend break at The Royal Seabank , Blackpool and feel compelled to inform other people of this wonderful hotel . First of all , on arrival , there was some confusion during registration as there was more than one entrance and the buses park wherever they could. Some people found this awkward but I was issued with my key and information within ten minutes of arrival, and further enquiries regarding travel passes etc were soon resolved when reception cooled down.

The interior of the Hotel is somewhat quirky with half staircases and landings to the rooms but two small lifts on each side of the hotel are available and although busy during check- in they are adequate for normal usage. My room was immaculate , quite spacious with plenty of wardrope and drawer space and courtesy tea and coffee provided. The staff were friendly and efficient and I enjoyed the entertainment and service. Food was very good and well served.

In conclusion , go to The Seabank which is an honest Hotel providing excellent accommodation without pretending to be something else .

Room Tip: I would advise asking for a seaview on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas L
Dear Tom 1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Travelled to hotel with elderly dad who did not travel too well. Result he could not make dinner. Ian, the restaurant manager noticed we were 1 down at dinner and when I explained why insisted I I take a plate of sandwiches to room in case dad was peckish later on. 5 stars for customer service. There were not a lot of children in the hotel but having been before I knew this was the case, Entertainment sounded great although we did not go down. Expect not to sleep until they are done. Great time.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are above entertainment so be warned.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Isabell G
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Issy45,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you had such an enjoyable holiday with your father, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our restaurant manager Ian and his team of staff who all do a fantastic job.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Have now been 3 times this year to this hotel and will be back for more. Fantastic location bang in the middle of the prom. The rooms have recently been renovated and they are very high quality and look superb. The staff is excellent, nothing is too much trouble for them, the chef what can I say Gordon Ramsey eat your heart out, he is not only a fab cook he is a proper gentleman. The young blonde girl on reception sorry forgot her name is a great help and such a pleasant girl, she went out her way to help me, such a gem, as do all the staff. Don't even bother reading the bad reviews, I have no idea why some people can complain about it. It's a great hotel and at a very reasonable price. I believe you will be very hard pushed into finding a hotel in Blackpool that even comes close to the high quality service, excellent food and great customer service at a value price. Thank you so much for an exceptional experience, to all the staff. I will be back soon and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone, couples, friends, family with kids or even solo guests a very warm welcome awaits you. I would say it is worth paying a small fee for a sea view the sights are wonderful

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank witchellie
Dear Witchellie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you had such a fantastic time on your holiday and are already looking forward to coming back.

I will be sure to pass your kind words onto the staff and Stephanie at reception who all do a wonderful job.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is long over due. I just want to thank Kelly and the staff for making my mum and dad, Mary and George Robertson as they celebrated there golden wedding anniversary in April and had such a wonderful time at hotel. Thanks again. Linda Robertson xx

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Lindaruk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

It was so lovely to meet with your parents and we are so pleased to hear that they enjoyed their anniversary.

We look forward to welcoming them back again in the near future.