“NOT HAPPY”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed November 11, 2013

lovely room on ground floor but after y.Iears of going to the hotel i think that is our last visit .the food was not up to standard .and the staff in the dining room were a big let down ian the head waiter was on holiday he would not have allowed the bad service that we got .sadly disappointed in our stay from the 4th nov to the 8th

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunty913
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Bunty913,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with.

I am very disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Regards

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just back from another brill 5 day holiday at Royal Seabank (3rd time there this year) where you cannot complain about anything. Staff all really friendly as always from the minute you arrive and warmly welcomed by Kelly (Manager) until you depart. Rooms cleaned daily, food and entertainment excellent as always. Roll on next year to get back again

Room Tip: Had rooms on various floors and they all serve the same needs
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian P

Dear Brian P,

Thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review, it was lovely to see you again.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

When you arrive anywhere as part of a bus group, expect there to be a few hiccups checking in and out. We're patient and it wasn't that big a deal having to wait in line. What was disappointing was having to wait an hour to get a key so that we can get our bags into the room (especially after having been on a bus for 6.5 hours).

That said, we were a bit disappointed with the "sea view" room we upgraded to as the window looking out (Room 413) wasn't especially big (or clean) and the ceiling lamp full of dead bugs. Did help either that the walls are quite thin and you could hear the neighbours talking late into the night.

The next morning, we asked to be moved to another room and happily accepted the much more spacious Room 410. While the neighbours were quiet and the room much more spacious, it was loud (probably the electrical room next door???) and VERY warm (we had the heating off and the window open and still it was warm enough to sleep on top of the covers).

But worse still was the smell of cigarettes coming from a neighbouring room. This was reported to staff twice, but the offenders still smoked in their rooms. I wonder if the warning in the bathroom about closing the door when taking a shower so that you don't set of the sensitive smoke alarms is some sort of code for "You can smoke in the bathroom and the alarms won't go off". I'm not saying that this was the intention of the hotel, but rather may interpret that to be the case.

The rest of the hotel is old and showing its age. We did get a chance to see the renovated rooms on the first floor, and our impression is that it is like a totally different hotel! I'm not sure I'd want to stay in any of the rooms that face the front of the building as you'll be getting a lot of smokers out front when the hotel is busy and the weather nice (and if you're a non-smoker, you'll have to keep your window closed).

Evening meals were adequate - nothing fancy but fair portions. Breakfast was again adequate (though the porridge was quite runny and overcooked).

We didn't go to listen to any of the performers or play bingo, but we did hear positive comments from those who did attend.

The highlight is the excellent staff who were always friendly and happy.

Overall, I rank the Royal Seabank Hotel a 2/5 (2.5+ would mean that I'd go back there). Perhaps when the renovations are complete, a guarantee can be made that there is no smoking in the rooms and if so it is dealt with (kick out the offenders), and if the menu in the dining room was more like the one in the cafe next to the lobby (I recommend you try a meal there in the afternoon), then I'd reconsider giving the place another try and see if it deserves a better score.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor (think they are referred to as "superior suites".
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DMacPhail

Dear DMacPhail,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

Our standard check in time is 2.30pm and I apologise if you arrived before the rooms were ready to check in to. We do have a porter service available on arrival so that guests can leave their luggage with us and take a seat in the café whilst the rooms are being completed. Please be assured that we do try to have the rooms ready as soon as possible.

I am sorry that you did not like the room that you were originally allocated but pleased that you were swapped over with little fuss.

I will certainly look into your complaint with regards to guests smoking in their rooms as I assure you, this is taken very seriously by the hotel with offenders being cautioned then if they repeatedly continue to smoke they are issued with a fine followed by being evicted as a last resort. I do not recall anything being reported at the time and I sincerely apologise if you felt that this went unnoticed as this would not have been the case.

We are constantly making improvements to the hotel with 80% of our rooms being completed already. As I'm sure you will understand this is a working progress, but we are trying to complete the renovation fully by Jan 2014.

I do hope that you will return to the Royal Seabank Hotel in the near future to enjoy the many positive improvements that are constantly being made.

Miss K Percival

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nov 13..Just returned from a week-end stay..We really enjoyed our time at the Royal Seabank Hotel, just a few little moans, the rooms were very basic and in need of a little care and attention, en-suite very tiny, but perfectly cleaned every day. Meals were quite small but deliciously cooked. All staff were very helpful and friendly, which I think makes for a really good holiday. The evening entertainment was first class. They say the hotel has been refurbished but there is still a lot to do, but I should imagine once finished it will be a fabulous place to stay.Still some work to do.. I would recommend it to anyone..

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia F

Dear Patricia F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

We are constantly making improvements to the hotel, with 80% of rooms completed already.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Miss K Percival

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 5 year in a row and can honestly say I don't think I will be back was sitting in the lounge last night and a lady behind me had an umbrella up to keep dry now this isn't a new problem as the roofs been leaking for years but getting worse the bar staff can't pour a pint the cleaner must just be getting appearance money the sun lounge is nice but you can't see out the dirty windows and although the place is in the middle of a refurbishment it's to a poor standard and again the bar staff ( I own a bar ) are giving short measures but I don't think dishonestly I just think they are poorly trained

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Xcgt

Dear Xcgt,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I remember speaking with you at the time with regards to the complaints that you have mentioned. As you were aware the weather was extremely bad during your stay and therefore caused leaks within the cabaret room. We have made repairs to the roof and continue to do so and I do apologise for the inconvenience whilst you were here.

Our bar staff are trained very highly and I believe that the member of staff that you refer to had just changed a barrel and this is why your drink had to be topped up, which she did without having to be asked.

And again, the very bad weather would be the reason behind the dirty windows as we are on the seafront. Please be assured that our windows are professionally cleaned on a weekly basis.

I spoke with the majority of your group whilst you were here and had nothing but positive feedback, however I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy all aspects of your holiday.

I do hope that your group will continue to return to the Royal Seabank Hotel, as we always enjoy the RamsHeid banter!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 1, 2013

myself and 2 others just back, we had a lovely time, once my friend had managed to get a lower floor room,which we had asked for when we booked it in april. entertainment was excellent.as was meals, thanks to ian and his staff. rooms are excellent,and having a seaview which I had booked for made it all the better. will be back in 2014.

Room Tip: higher floors have less fan noises from kitchen, also less noise from entertainment suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear florist123,

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.

Regards

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well just back from the royal seabank hotel blackpool i was there with my daughter granddaughter and grandson it was fantastic in every way cannot fault it in any way at all.The food was very good and plenty you could ask for extra and you could of got it no probleme ian was very friendly in the dinningroom The entertament was brilliant every night also playing bingo was good the bedrooms very clean and plenty room in it for the family room also plenty tea and coffee clean towels every day we are booked up for next year aswell cant wait to go back again everyone is so friendly in every way roll on next year

Room Tip: we were at the side to the back and no probleme at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family