“asked to be moved to another hotel”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed January 1, 2013

first impression on arrival at the royal seabank was utter chaos, rooms need some serious
TLC, shower dirty,room had a damp smell,dirty clothing left in room shocking (waiting for napoleon to appear so dated ) asked to be moved to other hotel as soon as possible ended up in the boston a better hotel by far but wont be rushing back

Room Tip: ask for rooms 1_11 i heard these ones were refurbished
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank hamilton2n6
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

We are currently in the process of renovating guest accommodation as we do take your comments on board and are aware that some rooms are in need of modernisation.

Please dont hesitate to contact me personally, should you decide to return and I will do my utmost to ensure that you are allocated a more suitable room.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here in oct with my mum daughter (22) and son (11) on arrival it is utter chaos with people arriving and leaving we were given rooms on the 4th floor, my mum had a single room which was the same size as the family room for 3 of us the room was next o the lift and the heat was unbearable in the room asked for a transfer but none available as it was full, was offered another hotel down north but it was to far for us eventually we were given a fan which was on for 4 days non stop the radiator was also turned off and the room was still warm and stuffy, rooms also need refurbished as we had thread bare carpets and alot of creaky flooring , food was ok entertainment was also ok ideal for older people, staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished if poss
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you feel certain aspects of your stay were better than others..

We are currently in the process of refurbishing guest bedrooms and I am sure that if you chose to return you would be more than happy with the improvements that are being made.

We are also looking into improving our check in/out procedure and thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Visited the Royal Seabank over Christmas and everything was perfect.The bus journey was pleasant, the accomodation-- spacious ,warm,cosy, comfortable, the meals--- Lovely , the Buffet on Xmas and Boxing day--- Superb, Plentiful,spoiled for choice. The Entertainment--- Brilliant, everyone worked hard to create the atmosphere especially Jimmy Nairn and the Jersey Boys tribute act. However the stars were the Hotel Staff who were so pleasant and helpful -- nothing was any trouble . the bar staff worked tirelessly to please-- the dining room serving staff also deserve praise -- Always smiling and ever attentive.
Enjoyable Experience.

Room Tip: built in 1880 so lots of narrow corridors and quite steep stairs. Lifts were always available but w...
1  Thank robertgraham_11
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

very good value at £69 quid, keep up the value. do not book a room above the bingo or cabaret lounge or you will not get any sleep until at least 12.30 pm. noise was unbearable and should be turned down to a reasonable level, i could not even talk to my wife unless i used sign language so please take note hotel management, we are not all deaf but we would be after 3 days. overall great value all round but prefer the boston as its better all round

Room Tip: THE HIGHER THE BETTER 400 upwards at the back and you cant go wrong if you want peace

Dear Guest,
Just for future reference you can request a room further up so that the cabaret noise is not an issue for you.All we ask is that you do this at the time of booking.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my second xmas shopping trip and can't complain about anything.Staff at hotel can't do enough for you. Rooms clean and newly refurbished and really warm,also bed was really comfortable. Food excellent and service brilliant, also great choice of menu.Would certainly recommend this hotel.The amount we paid was well worth money.

Room Tip: We had room 11 and even though it was at front of hotel we didn't hear a lot of noise. It was on...

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hi everyone
just to say dont worry if you have booked to go to this hotel, the staff cannot help you enough, too many too mention, the rooms are spotless although certainly small , however you just sleep in it so as long as it is clean, the cabaret is second too none, Steve and Aideen are magic and it was great to see Crystal back . The only thing I would say could be improved on is the check in facility, we saw older people getting their toes run over and its a bit of a hazard all arriving, maybe receptionist going onto coach and issuing keys would be a better arrangement , other coach companies use this method and it saves all the congestion. My friend and I had a fab time, thank you all at the Royal Seabank and Merry Xmas to one and all. MARGARET AND ANNE.

Room Tip: it is worth paying exta for a refurbished room with a sea view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your suggestion inregards to issuing keys,we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just wanted to say ,if you get room 307 it is really cold. I had to keep my jumpers on and thick socks the whole time i was in the room. I did,nt want to complain, but i know i should have.
I also went down for breakfast one morning to be told there was nothing left, but tea & toast, addmittedly i did,nt get to the dining room until 9.25am.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

It is always a shame to receive bad feedback after a guest has left, as this leaves us with no opportunity to deal with the problem. Heating is provided in all rooms constantly and I think the problem that you encountered may have been easily remedied if reported.

Breakfast service runs daily from 8.00am until 10.00am, I was unaware of any complaints regarding this matter during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience, I will certainly look into your complaint.

I do hope this will not deter you from travelling with Blackpool Promotions in the near future.