“First Class Service”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have travelled as a group for eight years and the staff in this hotel have been the best by far. It,s our first time at this hotel and although the room could have been better ,the staff certainly made up for our disappointment in our room.The management assure us the hotel is being refurbished so we will definitely go back next year. Thanks to all for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank margieScotland
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback relating to your stay with us.

It's lovely to hear you had an enjoyable experience, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the staff.

We look forward to seeing you and the rest of your group again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

just got back from our stay excellent service and friendly staff could,nt do enough for us bingo every night entertainment was excellent outstanding meals every night breakfast brillant would highly recommend this hotel three of us went and were re=booking for next year dont miss out on an excellent holiday

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine3282

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive review, it's always extremely nice to hear and please be assured I will pass your kind words onto the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

just had another great week at the seabank hotel,blackpool - as usual the staff was all first class with the guests, rooms where claened everyday,food was again great, entertainment was good, if you never tried this hotel then pop alomh and see what its all about and make you own mind up thereafter, the hotel is going under major building work now that its extended into next door hotel and once all this work is undertaken it should be a first class place for to stay in. only problem i have is that im tall for a tight squeeze shower room but managed.

Room Tip: i had a seaview room and the only drawback about the room is that i was directly above the entertain...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bigtam_11

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review, i'll pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed at better guest houses. On arrival it was bedlum with bus loads of people arriving and departing. The room was shocking, no hairdryer or iron, a strip light above the bed, wallpaper badly stained and coming away from the walls. The bathroom suite was mix and match as they had replaced toilet seat and shower screen in different colours.
I asked reception for a hairdryer, and was informed it was a fiver deposit. When I requested an iron I was told they don't allow them in the rooms due to fire regulations?? I asked if they had a guest laundry where I could iron my clothes, the answer was no, but if you hang your clothes in the bathroom when in the shower that might help!!
The answers just seemed to get worse, I could not believe the customer service I was receiving. Dining room staff were just as bad, they were rude. One morning we went down to breakfast at 9am and the table cover was filthy, but they just set it up and sat us down, when we complained we were told we should come to breakfast earlier to get the clean tables. I brought this to the managers attention, which he rectified the next morning.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the seaview rooms or you will end up overlooking the back alleyways and bins.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank ozay02

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I note your comments relating to your arrival at the hotel, whilst the hotel is busy on arrival/departure days staff at reception work extremely hard to ensure guests are checked in as efficiently as possible.

I also note your comments with regards to facilities within your room, we do not advertise the supply of hairdryers/irons. You are more than welcome to provide your own or hire a hairdryer from reception, however it is company policy not to hire out irons.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the room allocated, please be assured that we are currently renovating bedrooms and this an ongoing development.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Well what can i say? absolutely brilliant! The staff are so friendly and always do their best to help. The room was lovely for me and my partner, very cosy and warm. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful and got you through the day until a wonderful dinner at night. The cabaret every night was fantastic! Steve is amazing as alway, he never fails to make you laugh! could spend the whole night laughing at his jokes, such a friendly and funny personality. The variaty of singers and comedians was great and the drinks at the bar were very reasonable.
Being the youngest couple in the hotel didnt make a difference, had a fantastic time and was in brilliant company for the week. Cant wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your break with us, I will pass your kind words onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at Royal Seabank with my parents between the 24th and 31st August. The hotel was the busiest that I have seen it! The last few times I have been wasn't at peak and it was great to see the hotel so busy! The room we were allocated was lovely and comfortable. The restaurant and Cafe 1880 were immaculate and the food served in both locations was of very high quality, delicious and extremely filling! All the staff are lovely and would have done absolutely anything to help the guests. The range of entertainment from the wee games and bingo to all the wonderful singers and comedians was fantastic. Every night was brilliant and the range was superb. The hotel is a credit to Blackpool Promotions and I always look forward to visiting. No holiday has ever been the exact same for me and everyone goes that extra mile to make the holiday extra special. I can't thank everyone enough. I am looking forward to November already!

Nicola

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Radar8407

Dear Nicola :)

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review, we're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my partner are just back from a Friday to Monday holiday at this hotel. When we first arrived it was a riot with people trying to get on the bus whilst you were trying to get off the reception area was tiny. We got room 105 which is at the back, but what I did notice is that the regulars that were very friendly with the staff were getting the refurbished rooms. When we walked into the room my heart sank it was so dated and not nice looking at all the wallpaper looked old the bed sheets were ones my gran would have the toilet was small however no hand soap so when we were going out I said to the lady at reception she said she would sort it this was at 2:45pm. When we returned at 5pm there was no soap I went down again and said to her again she was a nippy sweetie with me but that I could deal with. Went to the entertainment was amazing guy was awesome went back and there was 2 bars of soap lying on my bed. Staff were so nice at breakfast. Didn't stay for dinners not a fantastic choice. Overall was ok we were told on the last night that they knew that the rooms were dated and they are refurbishing them in September however I feel as though you have to be a regular to get a good room.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Guest1991
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the room that was allocated to you, however I would like to reassure you that we are constantly modernising bedrooms where possible.

Rooms are allocated in advance at Head Office and not by reception staff at the hotel on arrival. Supplements are charged for sea view rooms at the time of booking, some of which have been refurbished which may be why you were mistaken that regular guests had been allocated the refurbished rooms.

Certain rooms may be requested at the time of booking, and you are more than welcome to ask to view rooms so that these may be requested for your next holiday.

I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the near future.