“Visit with Blackpool Promotions 22.6.12 to 25.6.12”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Visited above dates in party of 4 over 50's one of whom was disabled. The Staff were very helpful and couldn't do enought to assist. On arrival the room for my disabled brother was not suitable but the reception staff managed to accomodate a move for him within a short period of time despite severe problem caused by the worst storm to hit Blackpool for many years. Staff worked tirelessly to overcome issues caused by the storm within the hotel although obviously short staffed.
Package included B/B and evening meal and the food was excellent and if the choice was not suitable the head of the dinning room Ian catered for any special requirements.
A good service from our last visit 2yrs ago was the supply of an electric mobility scooter supplied by the reception for £10 a day. The hotel is obviously in a rolling program of renovation and unfortunately we has an older room but it was clean and supplied with everything you need but the corner shower was very tight for the more robust figure. Cleaning staff very good and friendly.
Chico and Bar staff and Steve all very entertaining and friendly and appeared to genuinely care for the residents.
Hotel mainly caters for the more mature holiday makers but there were some young children who were made most welcome by the staff and given there own menu in the restaurant and extra ice cream.

Room Tip: If travelling with a disabled party explain your specific needs on booking and if possible they will...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Traveller186520
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

There are newer reviews for Royal Seabank Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Myself and my family of two daughters age 2 & 9 and my hubby all stayed her from June 21 st to 25th, of June returned tonight. Originally when booked should have been for a twin room however due to circumstances my hubby's friend had to cancel at last minute so me & the girls took his place, At the time of booking we did not suss it out to much as men can scruff it if you know what a mean different when you take kids some where. Well I loved it To be honest. The place is under going refurbishment and needs some tender loving care as I believe it is a older establishment, however this is in progress The shower in our room was faulty but i should have reported this earlier on it was going roasting then frozen in 0.2 secs. reception now notified..

The restaurant However was amazing I am the most fussiest person ever and even I was catered for anything you wanted just ask so thanks to Tomas and all the Staff and A Huge thank you to Ian the restaurant Manager u run a tight ship mate but one I d sail again made our stay very er enjoyable great value for money n Ill be back next month with no kiddies just me n hubby so get the vinegar in n french fries at the ready lol....

Room Tip: not 215 or 420 but the following have been renovated 214,413,415,324 the receptionist supplied me wi...
2  Thank Annmarie D

Reviewed June 19, 2012

went to see the elton john concert at the appaling blackpool headlands and stayed at the hadley for the night,the hotel is ideally situated on the golden mile a few minutes from the town centre and all the attractions,we booked a double room which although small was clean and tidy,the only thing that niggled a bit was having to pay a £10 deposit for a tv remote as apparently they keep going walkies !!!
the breakfast was fine and the ladies serving were very chatty and amicable,the bar is also reasonably priced if you fancy a nightcap although it does close at 12pm
i would recommend anyone looking for a decent place to stay in blackpool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My family visited this hotel at the end of may 2012, we booked our holiday through blackpool Promotions , this hotel is situated not far from the central pier and is in a great location.
On arrival check in went smoothlyunfortunately we had a few issues whith the bedroom, it was very spacious and we had a lovely view out to the sea front if you ignored the building of the new sewage plant just to the left of the hotel, the kettle in our room was thick with limescale and the one in our daughters room had mould in the bottom of it but I will say on calling reception (on my mobile as there is no phones in the rooms) to make them aware of this they changed both kettles within half an hour, the shower cubicle was far to small once the door was closed you could not pick the soap off the floor if you dropped it without opening the door (and no im not a large person) and the shower doors didn't keep the water in even when closed and the controlls were hard to turn, the room was tired looking and could do with a lick of paint and the clenliness of the room was a 6 out of 10 (was not dusted). However we had a flat screen TV with freeview which was great and the entertainment in the hotel was exceptional we had 2 acts every night and bingo.

The meals however were very good and Ian the Restaurant Manager and his staff really know how to look after you, we have one member in our party who is a fussy eater and Ian went the extra mile to make sure our party member had something made outwith the menu as long as we gave Ian plenty of notice,

Although I have been critical about the hotel I'm only being honest, we would defo go back to this hotel, please don let my review put you off this hotel as i have stayed in worse hotels in Blackpool, this hotel is one of the better ones, it just needs a freshen up.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Holidymaker2010
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that on the whole you had a pleasant experience. Please be assured that I will pass your feedback onto our housekeeping and restaurant staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 8, 2012

me my partner and 2 daughters went here and it was fabulous the staff and guests were brilliant they were very friendly and the staff were theyre whenever you needed them and could not have done anymore for you if they tried would defo recommend to all and i will defo be visiting again :)

Room Tip: we had a room at the back and we never heard a thing from the hotel or the street theyre was no traf...
8  Thank Stephanie C
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Reviewed June 6, 2012

i am writing to thank all the staff at the royal seabank for letting myself,wife and son have the pleasure of staying in the best hotel in blackpool, had a fantastic time food,entertainment and living arrangements were perfect cant wait to go back,mr macfadyen.

Room Tip: beautiful views of sea and piers
7  Thank peter m

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Just be back to the Royal Seabank in Blackpool. I can honestly say i can find no fault with this hotel. The staff are so nice and friendly they will do anything to help you. Going back in August cant wait. Ian who works in the dinning room is so organised. The food is lovely.Our room was very clean. X

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best nice and big.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jilly0169
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012