“Best Hotel IN BLACKPOOL”

Royal Seabank Hotel
Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Just be back to the Royal Seabank in Blackpool. I can honestly say i can find no fault with this hotel. The staff are so nice and friendly they will do anything to help you. Going back in August cant wait. Ian who works in the dinning room is so organised. The food is lovely.Our room was very clean. X

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best nice and big.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jilly0169
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for you taking the time to leave such a positive review.
It’s always extremely nice to hear feedback, I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Booked through Blackpool Promotions.Drove down from Kirkcaldy(Fife)First off all it was advertised there was parking at rear.One off us has a disability.Was advised that there was car parking at the sister hotel but it was a 10 minute walk.Not good when my partner has too walk with an aid off a walking stickAfter complaining the manager did offer a staff space at rear.It was a total shambles at reception as coach parties had just arrive.Two lifts in hotel in total.Two people max.Waited a very long time,Got into our room 415,nice room apart from the bird crap on the window.Shower,if you are more than the average size "forget it"cant open the shower cabinet fully.Breakfast in the morning was good,however the evening meal on the first night was not good.Wouldnt give my dogs this crap.Ministrone soup,tasted off tined tomatoes,mac and cheese baby portions,sponge and custard ,dry and watered down custard.The amount of guests that I spoke to afterword said the same thing.It took me back to school dinners to be honest.All in all I think the service the we received was rubbish.Not to mention in the caberat "POOF"At that point I just wanted to come home.Talk about being insulted.Another peron in our party had been allocated a room across from us.The first thing you noticed when you opened the door was damp.It was disgusting,carpet looked it looked it should be removed,the room didnt feel clean at all.as for a good night sleep dont go there.One morning at breakfast my partner got insulted after saying that the table clothes were filthy Crumbs and jam and god knows what.Manager came and said that,his staff work hard (no doubt about that).I commented that he upset my other half ,he did put his views forward that I accepted.However I did say to him........if you go into a restaurant,after each sitting it should be clean at least.Had lunch outside a few times as the weather was fab.Cafe was to open at 11,never happened.Dont know if it was the cook that wasnt happy but came out in a right two and eight very professional NOT .One afternoon lunch.ordered ,long waite.Well to cut a long story short,asked for a free drink as a gesture off goodwill.Haha.Dont think this hotel knows the meaning.Cant say how disappointed we have been.Would love to teach the staff some customer service skills.WILL NEVER COME HERE AGAIN

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank fiferduo
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback, which is always welcomed whether it be good or bad.

In reply to your first comment I would kindly like to point out that we do not advertise parking at the hotel and never have as we are located on the promenade and the rear car park is usually used for staff parking and deliveries only, however on this occasion I offered your partner the use of a space as he had mobility problems.

We are a very busy hotel with a maximum capacity of 180 adults and children, as was the case whilst you were here. We do our utmost to ensure that guests are checked in as efficiently as possible as many of our guests are elderly. We provide a porter service for guests that are not able to manage their own luggage. During these busy times, and especially if coaches arrive within a short period of time of each other there can be a delay whilst people are waiting for the lifts, however after the initial rush they are more than adequate for the hotel's requirements.

I dealt personally with your complaint regarding the evening meal on the day of your arrival and tasted the minestrone soup and steak pie as did my colleague on duty, after your complaint was reported to myself by the restaurant supervisor and head chef. I was shocked to find that all of your party had complained at the quality, I was further shocked at the way I was spoken to by a female member of your party who became quite nasty towards me as I didn't agree with her point. I would like to mention that of the 180 guests staying with us this weekend, we had not one complaint from any other guest and very rarely do we have any complaints as we pride ourselves on the high standards delivered 365 days of the year.

Any complaints regarding rooms were not brought to my attention during your stay, neither were they reported to a receptionist, whilst I appreciate your comments there is little I can do once a guest has departed as this leaves no chance to put faults right.

You mention that one morning you had been allocated a dirty breakfast table, the restaurant manager had made you aware at the time that there may be a slight delay whilst they re-set the table, however your party entered the restaurant and took a seat whilst the staff were still trying to clear the table.

We have a very high percentage of returning guests who leave happy and return again and again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope that this will not deter you from using Blackpool Promotions again in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

fantastic hotel friendly staff fab food wot more could you ask for.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Karen M
Kelly1502, Manager at Royal Seabank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This must be the best hotel in Blackpool.From the cleaners,to dining room staff,to entertainment acts no complaint at all.Rooms spotless,meals boiling hot and a varied menu,special mention to Ian in the dining room who is a treasure.Towels replaced daily in your room and rooms cleaned daily.All in all,couldnt fault this hotel,if your going to Blackpool give it a try,you wont be disappointed.Only criticism,they must come up with a better idea for people getting on and off the bus as its a shambles on the pavement with people waiting to get on their bus,although this is nothing to do with the hotel,merely passengers thinking the bus is going to go away without them which it wont do.

Room Tip: we were on ist floor and no problem with noise from cabaret bar or traffic
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Moody347

Reviewed May 10, 2012

just back last week from the royal seabank, excellent holiday break,great food, great entertainment, great bar staff, great staff all round, been at the seabank now 7 times and booking again for october, best hotel in blackpool, would'nt go to any other! the only thing i dont like about it is small showers and no baths! and no air-condition in the caberet lounge were the heat gets unbearable! but as i said best hotel in blackpool and i would'nt go anywhere else!!

Room Tip: dont get a room were you have to get a lift! only takes 2 people and always breaking down!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank elaineturnbull17

Reviewed April 28, 2012

i would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay had such great time the room we had was nice we are hopeing to book the same room next time someone had referred to rooms in the 400 well we had a very supior room in the 400 and we had no complantsy i would like to take this oppertunety to thank the head waiter ian and his staff and also the bar staff and would like to thank stevie and aiden for making usfeel very welcome loking foward to our next kind regaurd margaret fitzsimons

Room Tip: the rooms on top floor have been upgraded
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret F

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Just back from my third visit to the Royal Seabank. Me and my parents had a fantastic time yet again. The food was fantastic, the restaurant staff and head waiter Ian were brilliant. They were great with helping my vegetarian mum find food she likes. The bar staff are wonderful and are always very helpful and kind. Huge thanks to Steve Lewis as well for booking such amazing entertainment each night. There was not a single thing wrong with the holiday as always. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It's very family friendly and a great holiday is always on the cards in my opinion. I look forward to going back in August.

Stayed: April 2012