“Absolutely fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GR8 Escape Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
GR8 Escape Hotel
Ranked #626 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
harrogate
“Absolutely fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

just got back from a quick jaunt & stayed here. Had a fab time, hotel & hosts perfect, would definately recommend

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank AMANDA W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Harrogate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel and as always, I felt I would leave a comment, as feedback (good or bad) is always helpful and I'm happy to say, I will definitely return to the Gr8 escape hotel, the owners were very friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and tidy and the rooms were warm and cosy, I will be returning to blackpool soon and I know where I'll be staying! A Gr8 experience.

Colin Mills

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank collywog
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

I have stayed at the GR8 escape hotel on a couple of occasions and loved it each time, The owners are fabulous and hard working and will go above and beyond the call of duty to see to resonable requests.

The bar is very well priced and has been known to stay open as long as the owner can stand on his feet and stay awake.

Overall I give this hotel an excellent rating, I was touched by the genuine nature and of course the comedy and homely feel provided by the hosts.

A Gr8 place to stay and close enough to everything that makes Blackpool a great weekend away.

Fantastic.

• Liked — Paul ( I think was his name) was very energetic and very funny.
  • Disliked — Too many stairs for me :) (Living in Australia, we don't have stairs in most houses)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank miggzeh
NANTWICH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

Booking made on 16 September 2008 with Late Rooms for this hotel for 9 people for one night 25 October 2008. Booking and ensuite rooms reserved and confirmed. Tel. call to my home received at 21.00 hrs on 1 October 2008 from Hotel owner stating he had to cancel the booking as he was getting married on 25 October and his hotel would be closed that weekend! Thought this sounded a bit odd and when questioned further he admitted the real reason was, he had a family wedding at his hotel that weekend and couldn't accommodate my party anymore! Suspect they made him a better offer than our one night booking! He offered to tel. me back with alternative accommodation elsewhere and did so thirty mins. later, suggesting the B and B next door to his hotel where they could accommodate 6 of my party in one room and 3 in another, none ensuite. Declined his offer! He then suggested another hotel bookable with Late Rooms but on investigation this hotel clearly stated minumum bookings of 2 nights at weekends, so no use to us. If you've ever tried finding decent acommodation in Blackpool during the illuminations, for one night, at a weekend at the beginning of school half term, 3 weeks beforehand, you'll appreciate my predicament! Left totally in the lurch by his cancellation and not impressed by his attempt to lie about the reasons! Late Rooms couldn't find me any suitable alternative accommodation elsewhere in Blackpool and my daughter;s 21st birthday celebration in Blackpool, with her friends ruined by this hotel. Others beware when booking at this hotel!

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank CHESHIRECAT3
gr8escapehotel, owner at GR8 Escape Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2008
in repsonse to your comments ! If i had cancelled your booking within a day or 2 of you daughter arriving then i could understand your anger !!! but i gave you nearly 4 weeks notice in cancelling your booking, this was more than sufficient for you to re book another hotel. I even bent over backwards to get you other hotels that were willing to take your group for 1 night !! but that wasnt good enough for you because they were not en-suite rooms, i can only apoligise and say i did my best for you. And maybe one day we will all be able to predict the future and avoid situations like this, but for now were only human. and just for the record !! we don't charge for family events.
north yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

this is definately an up and coming hotel !!!! the hosts were fab the food was yummy and our room was excellent !! we couldnt fault it and would recommend this for any ones gr8 escape. Thanks steph and paul :) we will be back :)
keith and jean x

• Liked — great hosts
  • Disliked — cant think of one
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends