“good basic hotel”

Ranked #589 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
burnley
“good basic hotel”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

a group of 6 adults (3 couples family and friends ) stayed here for a night in early december 2012 the hotel was fine the bedrooms were very clean and the breakfast was brilliant, the staff are very helpful and friendly and the location is brilliant we would go back again no problem. if you want a basic cheap and friendly hotel then this would be fine

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and welcoming. Helpful with regards to moving cars around to allow us to park. Room clean with everything required for an overnight stay. Breakfast good quality . Ignore bad reviews no issues at all.

• Stayed November 2012
St. Helens
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Christine & Kay were lovely. I would stay again. Really handy for what we needed. Room was basic but no problems. Would recommend staying here :-) I will b. it's all you need for a nite out. Clean basic and some were to get your head down.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

stayed at christines on 25/08/12
first time staying here and I can honestly say ignore the bad reviews!
christine and kay are lovely they welcomed us straight away and we had a drink at the bar which was open all night. frenchy was great the bar man and made us laugh. I lost the keys which wasnt a good start but kay sorted us out and let us back in our room.

very clean, great location a stones throw away from flying handbag. lovely breakfast I will most defently be staying here in future!!! thanks girls

• Stayed August 2012
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Don't go here expecting Claridges or anything even close. If you want to be in the mix of everything and close to all the bars and clubs, The Piers and food outlets and amusements, then you could do worse. Fair enough it is a little bit dated, and could do with a touch up to the rooms. Infact an over all refresh, which I found out is going to happen along with the addition of a Bistro. On arrival contrary to other reviews I have read, Christine & Kay were really friendly and welcoming, explained about the tv remote, which we could cope with (It is slightly funny) why would you want to steal a portable tv remote, gave us our key and sent us on our way as we were early, which is fine as we do like an early beer anyways, and we came back at 2pm to put our stuff away and head straight back out. However, when we got down to the bar, Frenchy was now on duty and was a real pleasure to be around, he could not have been any more helpful, telling us where to go and all the opening times etc, along with info about some of the attractions. He was even getting us brochures and pointing us to the correct pages. The drinks in the bar were a real bargain. The rules and regulations are all being changed and you can eat and drink in your room, but be prepared to pay for any damages etc which again, is fair enough.Also, if we needed extra towels, or pillows, tea or coffee etc, it was not a problem at all. Frenchy even serviced our room late one nite. (But that was the only time) Overall, I would recommend this place, but only if you are going for something cheap and cheerful and to enjoy Blackpool. I mean if you wanna stay in and enjoy the luxury of a hotel go to the Metropole or Hilton or pay 5****** prices elsewhere. ps. Late one nite when we got back, Reece was also now on duty, and was happy to bring me back my snack of kebab meat and chips. HaHa. Bless Him.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

In my honest opinion the bad reviews on Christine's are from rival hotels. This is just my opinion so here are the facts!! I am a travel consultant and have been for 15 years! I mention this to illustrate that I'm well travelled from Blackpool to the Bahamas! Christine's is a stone throw from Blackpool North train station. Its a short walk from the main town and pubs line the way! I have stayed here 4 times with friends family gay and straight one visit was for 4 nights! Every stay has been a pleasurable experience! I've stayed in different rooms on 3 occasions. The rooms have always been spotless!! The bar area has been revamped and Kay is fast becoming the next Tom Cruise (cocktail) ;) Christine and Kay are 2 of the loveliest, warm and welcoming hosts you could wish for! No matter how hungover I am I always get up for breakfast! Trust me its well worth it!! No matter what the purpose of my visit to Blackpool (and its not always to get drunk ;) I will always stay here!! Please don't let the bad reviews put you off and if u wish to contact me to prove I am a genuine customer and not a personal friend please feel free! :) thanks for reading Haylz Morecambe

• Stayed July 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Having booked the hotel on a web site and booked the luxury room that looked nice, me my partner and a friend headed off to Blackpool for a fun packed weekend, when we arrived we were met outside by a really nice young man called frenchy who then forgot to hold the door and got locked out, after a few minutes another couple arrived and all was well again and we got in, he checked us in gave us our keys and remote control (which I found odd but amusing) and then explained about the room as we booked the luxury room, he told us that this was normally a standard room and for the extra £10 per night we got a plug for the bath, (I could have went to wilkinsons across the road and bought one for £1.99) and saved myself £18. Then told we couldn't go to our rooms for another half an hour so we left our cases and went out, when we came back we collected our cases from the bar and went to check the rooms out, when I got to my room the door was wide open not thinking anything about we left and went to the bar only to be told that the shower had been leaking from upstairs into our room, NO APOLOGIES....OR A SLIGHT REFUND, we then all went out for the evening, when we got back we went into the bar, my partner was a bit boozy and we had some more drinks, then she was refused more and KAY and my partner got into a argument to which the lovely KAY....(NOT) decided to kick us out and christine just sat and said nothing, after pursuading them to let us stay that was that and all went to bed. The next morning it was quite frosty and really disorganised, we had breakfast and then left the house for the day, when we got back that me and my partner sat outside for 10 mins and on entering tried the bar door only it to be found locked even though there were other guests inside, not that we were going in anyway, we just tried it and I think they must have seen us and locked it....HOW WELCOMING....the next morning we went down for breakfast and every thing was fine but on checking out....OH NO I had left the remote in the room, not to think I was pinching it I owned up as I had already handed in the keys and MRS FROSTY pant said it was ok she would get it...but was very rude and off and we left thank god. Christine grow and pair and you will lose alot of buisness with kay the rotweiler there at front of house.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank segpeg
Christineshotel01, Owner at Christine's Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Christine's.

The premier room was given to you in place of a standard and priced at standard rate. The issue with the bath plug is simply based on finances. Every drop of water used in the hotel has to be paid for as we are on a meter. The premier room has a large deep bath that holds a lot of water and whilst it may have appeared mean or odd that we did not leave the plug in the room it was simply because standard rate does not include a bath. The room is large, has a bay window with sofa, an original feature fireplace and flat screen TV.

Your partner was refused a drink because in our opinion she was drunk, we value our alcohol license and act as any responsible licensee would and refused to serve her. I'm sorry if our duty of care offended you. We are subject to the same rules as every other establishment that sells alcohol and if we were to continue serving someone who was clearly drunk we would be in breach of our license conditions. Your partner became abusive and was forcible removed from the bar.

We had expected some sort of apology at breakfast but received non. When you returned from your outing we decided it was probably for the best if we didn't allow you entry into the bar as we did not want a repeat of the previous night.

Being asked if the TV remote had been left in your room is based on experience of guests putting remotes into their pockets whilst carrying their cases downstairs and then forgetting to hand them in when leaving. This results in them trying to post them back to us before another guest is due or us having to charge them for a new free view box. At no point have we every thought a guest would want to steal a remote control!

I find it rather sad that we offer good clean accommodation at very reasonable rates only to be attacked because we acted as responsible business people by refusing to serve someone who was drunk. Your partner would have been refused a drink in any of the local venues and had she become abusive to the door staff as she was to us she would have been removed from that venue as she was here. If that makes us worthy of a negative review then so be it.

Travelers are raving about these Blackpool hotels