“Experience”

Ranked #76 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had booked with the Strathdon but due to unforseen circumstances had to cancel last thing. Though, they made it easy for my cancellation and were very pleasant too.
So if I do go to Blackpool I will book there in future.
Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank doogy121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Strathdon Hotel with friends for three nights from Mon the 15th -Thurs 18th Oct. When we arrived Ian answered the door and welcomed us in and introduced himself and we also did the same. He then offered tea, coffee and biscuits. When we got to our rooms they were spotless and very adequate for our needs. However Veronicas home cooked multi choiced breakfasts and wide selection of bar meals were outstanding and nothing was a bother to either of them. We certainly will be back on our next visit to Blackpool.

Room Tip: We had a good stay in room 10 and our friends also in room3
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank robert m
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed firstly at the Strathdon in August and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Veronica and Ian make you very welcome and the food is just great. I love Veronica's English Breakfasts and dinner was superb!. I booked again for October and am just back from Blackpool on Tuesday 9th October. Again a great stay and like before I loved the room I stayed in. Nothing is too much t rouble for Veronica and Ian. Going back again and hope to book again soon for next year. Many thanks Ian and Veronica I was sad to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lynnecam1uk
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we stayed at this b and b in early aug for 1 night, it was a surprise for my fella and after phoning around nearky 50 b and bs i finally found the strathdon, it seemed blackpool was fully booked for this weekend but when i spoke to the lady she said she had one room left, she advised me that the room had a slightly smaller double bed as usual but i booked the room. when we arrived we were greeted by this lovely lady witha huge smile and shown to our room, i have to say the level of clenliness in the room was spotless! although the room was small it was lovely, matching deco and a little swan on our bed made from towels, the breakfast was the nicest full english ever, you had a few choices but i chose the full english, which was brought out by the ladys husband whom also had a huge smile, you can tell this couple love there buisness and i would dwefinatly recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nablack
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My and my partner stayed at the Strathdon at the end of August and had a brilliant stay! Ian was a fantastic host, very welcoming and answered any questions we had. The room was spotlessly clean and had everything you could need, breakfast in the morning was lovely with a great choice and a vegetarian option was prepared for me with no problems at all. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the bar downstairs is kept open late, so you could get a drink and some nibbles before bed if you so wish, and very reasonably priced too. The atmosphere downstairs was also very friendly and we felt very much at home. This hotel is a bargain you get fantastic service for what you pay (anywhere down south Id expect to pay £100 per night for the same thing), Ian and his wife go above and beyond the call of duty and it does not go unnoticed. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Blackpool!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LazyBones92
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed here.
Everything about this hotel is wonderfull, from the lovely, clean bedrooms, complete with tea/coffee plus biscuits to complementary toiletries. Clean towel are available every day if required.
The food is also great, with an ample portion and plenty of choice, including bar meals in the evening if requested [a nice idea if the weather not good]
Ian and Veronica are nice, helpful people, who make every guest feel special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have just come back from a two night break in Blackpool staying at the Strathdon. This really is a lovely hotel. Veronica and Ian the owners of the Strathdon are so warm and welcoming and instantly make you feel at home. The hotel is so clean and everything is the best quality. Breakfast was 1st class. We booked four rooms and each of us who stayed said the beds were so comfortable. I would strongly recommend any couples or families to stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had a selection of rooms, four different ones, two doubles, one twin and one family all were exce...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family