All reviews whirlpool bath large balcony emergency box boutique hotel sewing kit thoughtful touches pleasure beach dvd player honesty bar all mod cons dressing gowns tram stop lovely hotel breakfast was delicious little touches rooms are lovely my partner
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

(+)Excellent front desk.
Great room.Comfy and clean.
Amazing food and great service in the restaurant.Overall, great stay and would definitely stay again.
(-)No shower soaps. Poor view (room 5). Dirty windows.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
NumberOneSouthBeach, Duty Manager at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Vin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do provide a box/tin in every bathroom filled with toiletries, i.e body wash, small bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand and body lotion, shower caps, etc.This is something I always point out when I personally welcome and show guests to their rooms.

We do always try to provide everything our guests would require and even go as far as to include an emergency kit in every wardrobe including bits and bobs such as lint rollers, sewing kits, scissors, shoe horns, etc. If there is anything we don't have in our guest rooms, there is always someone on reception who can tend to your needs, all you have to do is ask.

As for the windows, we do have window cleaners who come regularly but sadly being by the promenade, we do get a lot of sea spray and salt-heavy rain when the heavens open. Some things can't always be helped!

We appreciate your kind words and hopefully we'll see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a wonderful stay over the bank holiday weekend. The staff could not of been nicer and the rooms were perfect and the breakfast amazing. So friendly and helpful. Even dried our clothes when we got soaked on a ride at the Pleasure Beach. Right next to the tram stop and a quick ride into the heart of Blackpool

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for the lights switch on. We stayed in a 4 poster room which was ample in size clean with the added bonus I love of the bathroom tv. A large balcony was a definite plus for a sea air lover like myself. My only 2 complaints were on using the loo roll holder it fell off the wall and the balcony would benefit a small bistro table rather thsn just sun loungers so you could sit and enjoy a morning coffee in comfort. We did try the breakfast on our last morning which is unusasl for me as breakfasts in B&Bs and hotels are usually poor quality. However it was cooked to perfection with nice ingredients so my compliments to the chef. You have impressed Staffordshires most fussy foodie.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank fussyfussy79
NumberOneSouthBeach, Duty Manager at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review and for all your kind words..

When choosing the furniture for the large terrace balconies, we did consider a table and chairs. However, we found that sun loungers are more favourable with guests as we do tend to have lovely weather for most of the season. There is always a small table between the sun loungers for guests to place their drinks and other items when soaking up the sunshine on the balconies, with cushions available for the sun loungers located just underneath the bed in the guestroom for maximum comfort.

As for the toilet roll holder, we do always try our best to ensure everything in our guestrooms are perfect for when our guests arrive, but sadly loose screws can't always be helped!

However, there is always someone available at reception when little blips like this happen, all you have to do is let us know and we can tend to it straight away.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our breakfasts, we always try to offer a nice wide selection as it's the most important meal of the day and often the one thing people treat themselves with while they're away!

We hope to see you both back again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Visited for the first time on a Friday for the lights turn on .we parked outside the beautiful hotel and checked in with a lovely lady who showed us our huge family room and all its mod cons. The room is beautiful and views of the sea. Breakfast was delicious and you pre order what you would like and what time you would like to eat as a vegetarian lots of choice. Check out is 11am so lots of time to freshen up before leaving.
Only disappointment we were told the sofa bed would be made up for us on returning at night and this was not done so we had to make up the bed at 11pm not ideal .

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 46biggy46
NumberOneSouthBeach, Duty Manager at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review, we truly appreciate it and we’re so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Number One South Beach.

I’m so sorry the sofa bed wasn’t made up prior to your return on Friday evening but I’d been busy all night and it just slipped my mind for which I can’t apologise enough.

I wish you’d mentioned it to me as I would have made it up without hesitation and been grateful for the reminder.

I hope you all return again in the future and I certainly won’t forget next time!

Many apologies for the inconvenience.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

Stayed here for 1 night Birthday treat and it was very good. I had to change rooms late in the evening as the apartment next door .. I seem to have a nosey family staying but no problem they changed my room. The staff are so helpful. Breakfast was very good I ordered the full English .. cant fault it. If I come to Blackpool again this is the place I will stay