“Unique, if only there were more places like this around the country!”

Number One South Beach
Ranked #37 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here with colleagues in December and as a result had the opportunity to view ten of the rooms. All of them are slightly different and beautifully decorated, the owner should be an interior designer! The hotel is very clean, comfortable and the staff are incerdibly friendly, they couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was delicious, lots of variety and all freshly cooked to order, even the orange juice was freshly squeezed. I can't rate this hotel highly enough, I would definitely recommend it and if I ever visit Blackpool again, this will be my number one choice! Thank you for making our stay so welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cassie007190740
NumberOneSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much, we're glad you enjoyed so many of our rooms! Sounds like you'll have to come back and sample the remaining 4!

There are newer reviews for Number One South Beach

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night during the Illuminations and wish we had been able to stay longer! Hotel was warm, welcoming, clean and comfortable. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Ticked every box!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here on a work visit to Blackpool for our Christmas night out and it was truly fantatstic. The rooms are all different and are all amazing, really really clean with every littlle detail considered - the jacuzzi bath was fab and my room (Hip Hop) had a balcony with a sea view. The decor is contempory and out of this world and the staff could not have been more helpful.

The food (breakfast) was delicious. I will most definitely be visiting Blackpool again just to stay here!! Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I live fairly close to this hotel so never expected to have any need to stay. However, I manage a team who live all over the UK and they decided Blackpool was to be the venue for our Christmas party. I wanted to show them that Blackpool does have a wonderful classy, contemporary hotel to stay and I was not disappointed with this hotel. The rooms are lovely, staff are friendly, attentive and helpful. The atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxing and welcoming. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. Despite living only a few miles away I felt I could come back for a lovely relaxing break! I would definitely recommend this hotel - great location and views from the front rooms. Thank goodness someone has broken away from the terrible stereotype of a Blackpool hotel!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms have spectacular views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Loved this hotel the room was to die for and the double bath and shower were fantastic. The room was well equipped with a four poster bed and a mattress you could have lived on it was so comfortable. The staff were great and would do anything to make your stay a great one. The honesty bar was a really good touch and meant you could enjoy a night cap after a meal out etc without the need to rush off to bed. The breakfast was amazing everyfthing hot cooked to order with a selection of cereals and plenty of fresh fruit. My only complaint would be the gadgets after we had travelled we had to spend ten minutes being told how to use everything and to be honest we didn't take it all in as we were tired and so probably didn't use everything the room came with. It is quite expensive for Blackpool at £150 per night per room especially when you can get 4/5 star in Kensington for less holiday inn etc it if it's just a night or a romantic weekend you want this is definitely the place to stay

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Beautiful hotel, very quiet. Lovely unique room with excellent facilities, we were made to feel very at home. Staff were impeccable... helpful was an understatement!!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I can't recommend this hotel enough they really made our wedding perfect. We took up 7 of there beautiful rooms all of which where perfect. Each and every member of staff really did go the extra mile nothing was ever a problem. What can we say about the fantastic mark??? Well we can start with what a genuine funny guy he is he kept me calm through out the day when ever it looked like I was about to have a bridezilla moment there he was ready with a friendly word to calm me down his food is with our exception perfect. I really can't praise this hotel anymore I would recommend it to all our friends and family and we both look forward to coming back to see you all to celebrate our first wedding anniversary with you.

• Stayed: November 2012
NumberOneSouthBeach, Owner at Number One South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words Mr & Mrs Wynd! We are all so happy that you enjoyed your day and that we were able to play such a large part in it. Your decorations and design transformed our dining room beautifully and we look forward to welcoming you to Number One again soon. Congratulations once again.