“I am well satisfied on my stay in the shore hotel”
Review of The Shores Hotel

The Shores Hotel
Ranked #514 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I will surely come back here.people are nice.rooms are very good.you can easily find this place and shops accessible.parking slightly tight but not a problem.thank you and we will see you again next year

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mylene0220

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night for a mid week break. The hotel is easy to find and central to all Blackpool has to offer. The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxed, all staff are very friendly. Our room was clean, if a little bit small, but for 1 nght it was fine. Breafast was good - choices of cereal, yoghurt and fruit, along with your cooked breakfast. Check out is 10.30 but as we were coming home later in the day we left our suitcase at the hotel in the bar area. I thought this was very good.

Room Tip: we were in room 12 - only a small window that looks onto the side of another building.
1  Thank Lucy L
Michael W, Owner at The Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Many thanks for your review of The Shores. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We bought a large Victorian building 6 months ago called The Shores, and unfortunately we are stuck with the layout, I appreciate your comments on room 12, it is a double room and the room size is displayed on booking.com, it is not a large room but this is reflected in the pricing, we do have larger rooms, deluxe and superior which are a lot bigger with more facilities. Room 12 is on the back of the building and looks onto the back of the promenade hotels, again unfortunately it is not something I can change, but the window is not so small when you have to buy curtains 90' x 48' :) We do look forward to you coming back and perhaps you can try one of our larger rooms.
Thanks again
Michael & Oksana

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after reading the previous reviews. I can say that the room was very clean and bed comfy and the en suite was great with loads of room. I did leave a dirty towel in the shower base as advised to have this replaced however it was just placed over the shower unit to dry. The main thing that totally let this hotel down was the breakfast. I was still eating my cereal when the cooked breakfast was brought out therefore got a bit cold. My husband didnt want 2 of the items on the breakfast but was not replaced with anything so therefore left the breakfast sparse. The sausage was cheap tasting and the bacon was so hard i cudn't cut it. I have to say that the time changed for breakfast on the 2nd day which we had not realised but they did still accomodate us so that was good of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Owner at The Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to review The Shores and thanks for your comments.
I was disappointed to hear that your stay was not 100%, whilst we do try to provide a great service to our guests it appears we have fallen short in this instance, although we understand everyone's needs are not the same.
With regards to the quality of our breakfast, we source all our meats locally and our sausage and bacon are provided by Robinsons farm in Kirkham, I have passed your comments on to them. When requesting items removed from the breakfast we perhaps should have asked if you wanted them replaced with extra/alternative products, however, usually our guests will let us know i.e. I do not like sausage could I have an extra egg, this would not have been a problem at the time. The breakfast times are clearly displayed on the info card on the back of every room door and also in the info guide available in every room. With regards to the towel change I can only apologise, I have spoken to the cleaner and whilst she acknowledges you did ask about the towel change it was forgotten about. It is our policy to change towels every second day of a guests stay, or when required, again I apologise for this occasion.
We do hope that you return to The Shores should you re-visit Blackpool in the future and we will do our best to make your stay 100% satisfactory.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We can struggle to find family rooms that can accommodate a family of 5, however the accommodation here was excellent, the children had their own room with TV and we had our own room which worked brilliantly. The children loved it here and I cannot fault the room or the warm welcome you receive from the hosts. Excellent bar area as well, we chose to come back after our evening meal and sit in the bar and have a drink whilst the kids were happy to go to bed upstairs. Unfortunately, we were kept awake with rowdy revellers outside the hotel and those damn seagulls but I appreciate that this is hardly The Shores fault. One final word of warning -the buildings opposite The Shores are due to be pulled down in the coming months and currently stand empty and boarded up to make way for a housing estate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daviesbp
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A true treasure! Thank you to Michael for making my wife and I feel very welcome! Rooms were very clean & breakfast excellent. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Blackpool & will certainly re-visit. Nick.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank nc2609
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice the people were lovely we had a good breakfast we stayed in room 17 at the top of the stairs and often went up the wrong stair So I hope no one does that I would go back but ask for a low floor

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a impromptu weekend away in sunny Blackpool and were pleasantly surprised by this very homely B&B. From the moment we got their we were very warmly welcomed by Michael and Oksana.

Hotel rooms were spacious, beds were very comfortable and the request for extra pillows was met without any hesitation. Bathroom spotless. Great wifi coverage in the rooms!

Location was perfect, stones throw from the main pier and only a 1 mile (20 min) loverly walk down the prom to Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Breakfast was amazing - full english kept me going right through afternoon!

Cant fault it. When we go back to Blackpool we'll definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Review the website for options!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple