The Sutcliffe Hotel
Ranked #324 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at The Sutcliffe this week-end , it was a very enjoyable stay , Michael the owner is the perfect host.
He kept the bar open for us until 1.30 in the morning he was still smiling when we met him for breakers ,top guy

Very friendly place..

Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank hallc
michael7072, Manager at The Sutcliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank You for your kind words look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

For a family break just out of season this was good value. Service was good, Hotel was nice and clean. The food was good with plenty of choice especially breakfast. Situation good close enough to the Prom to walk but far enough away to be reasonably quite,

Room Tip: If you can avoid ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Phill B

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write these kind words We Hope to see you again soon
Whilst reading your review I noticed you low marked sleep quality, can I ask you to contact myself by phone or email and discuss this so we can take steps to rectify the issue.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just came back from staying at the Sutcliffe Hotel for the weekend with my husband and adult son. I must admit we were a bit nervous having read some of the reviews. Only thing I can think of some people want 5 star accomodation for 2 star prices. The staff were so friendly and could`nt do enough for us. Food was lovely and bedrooms were very clean. All in all for the price we paid we were very satisfied and would return again. Entertainment was ok . Robert my son loved it.

Room Tip: rooms at back where we were were very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We do look forward to seeing you in the future. Keep checking Tripadvisor for latest offers

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Am just back from my 3rd stay in the Sutcliffe. Again I could not fault it. I stayed on my own and was made to feel so welcome by all staff but especially Michael, Mary & Kath. Slept better than I do at home....comfy bed. Meals were served promptly and anything I wanted was there for me always accompanied by a smile. Location is perfect for me & I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Michelle G

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We recently had a short holiday in Blackpool. Stayed at the Sutcliffe Hotel. Weather was fab, hotel clean, food was good, service was fine, beds not great, entertainment absolutely terrible. It seems that if you can sing just a little bit you will get employed to "sing" in hotels. A pre requisite is that you must be able to do Neil Diamond songs!!!!! Every "entertainer" that we had sung Neil Diamond songs. There must be a job lot of Neil Diamond backing tracks in Blackpool!!!!! If the hotel wants the guests to stay in rather than going out they need better entertainment than the karaoke singers that we had to put up with.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aileen51

Hi thank you for taking the time to write a review. Though reading through there does seem to be a few issues I would like to discuss with yourself if you could contact myself by phone or email and we can hopefully resolve the problems which I would have hoped you would have raised with me at the time. As for the entertainment whilst we book the artistes we do not control what they sing but most will go with what the audience seem to be appreciating. We have let each Artiste we have performing here aware of these comments and none of them perform more than any 3 Neil diamond songs and 2 don't perform any but 3 out of approximately 20 songs in a night is not unacceptable It may just have been you saw 3 in a row that performed Neil Diamond songs but they do lots of other material. Having said this hopefully we will see you in the future and things will have changed as we change the artistes round each year

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just back from the Sutcliffe lastnight , have been on a good few occasions before and have enjoyed every visit, all of the staff are amazing, if you need anything they will get it for you, the food is good , there was only 1 occasion where I couldn't find anything that suited me on the menu but they went out of the way to get me something that I would eat ( Im fussy) wouldn't go anywhere else in Blackpool now to be honest as its handy for all amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank diane g
michael7072, Manager at The Sutcliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank You for your review we look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here last year and as unable to get into our first choice hotel (own fault or showing up unannounced) decided to try here again. On arriving we didn't get a friendly greeting from the woman on reception, actually we didn't get any greeting at all. Room was pretty big, although very hot and stuffy however the weather was extremely hot outside. Beds very extremely uncomfortable, could feel every spring in the mattress.m Stayed for bed and breakfast, breakfast looked good but wasn't hot at all so only ate the cooked breakfast once. Overall hotel clean but not sure if I would come back to be honest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mckayzer

Thank you for your comments, the feedback is important to us. But we do constantly ask is everything okay to allow guests to comment and give us the opportunity to rectify any problem areas. So i am sorry to hear you were not happy, but could i ask why you didnt say anything whilst you were here? Now you have raised the issue of the mattress we have replaced them from our store which could have been done while you were here aloowing you to have some peaceful nights sleep. Also as i personally served you breakfast on more than one occasion why did you not mention your concerns to myself and we could have remedied the problem. I was not present when you checked in so i am not in a position to comment although the lady concerned has been front of house for quite a while and i cant understand what has happened there. Hopefully, as things must have been satisfactory the first time you came as you considered coming back, you will allow a chance to prove we do listen to feed back and act appropriately.