“NICE FRIENDLY HOTEL”

Ranked #345 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
kirkintilloch
“NICE FRIENDLY HOTEL”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just came back from staying at the Sutcliffe Hotel for the weekend with my husband and adult son. I must admit we were a bit nervous having read some of the reviews. Only thing I can think of some people want 5 star accomodation for 2 star prices. The staff were so friendly and could`nt do enough for us. Food was lovely and bedrooms were very clean. All in all for the price we paid we were very satisfied and would return again. Entertainment was ok . Robert my son loved it.

Room Tip: rooms at back where we were were very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SUSANCKIRKINTILLOCH
michael7072, Manager at The Sutcliffe Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We do look forward to seeing you in the future. Keep checking Tripadvisor for latest offers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Am just back from my 3rd stay in the Sutcliffe. Again I could not fault it. I stayed on my own and was made to feel so welcome by all staff but especially Michael, Mary & Kath. Slept better than I do at home....comfy bed. Meals were served promptly and anything I wanted was there for me always accompanied by a smile. Location is perfect for me & I will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Michelle G
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Central Scotland
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We recently had a short holiday in Blackpool. Stayed at the Sutcliffe Hotel. Weather was fab, hotel clean, food was good, service was fine, beds not great, entertainment absolutely terrible. It seems that if you can sing just a little bit you will get employed to "sing" in hotels. A pre requisite is that you must be able to do Neil Diamond songs!!!!! Every "entertainer" that we had sung Neil Diamond songs. There must be a job lot of Neil Diamond backing tracks in Blackpool!!!!! If the hotel wants the guests to stay in rather than going out they need better entertainment than the karaoke singers that we had to put up with.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank aileen51
Hi thank you for taking the time to write a review. Though reading through there does seem to be a few issues I would like to discuss with yourself if you could contact myself by phone or email and we can hopefully resolve the problems which I would have hoped you would have raised with me at the time. As for the entertainment whilst we book the artistes we do not control what they sing but most will go with what the audience seem to be appreciating. We have let each Artiste we have performing here aware of these comments and none of them perform more than any 3 Neil diamond songs and 2 don't perform any but 3 out of approximately 20 songs in a night is not unacceptable It may just have been you saw 3 in a row that performed Neil Diamond songs but they do lots of other material. Having said this hopefully we will see you in the future and things will have changed as we change the artistes round each year
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just back from the Sutcliffe lastnight , have been on a good few occasions before and have enjoyed every visit, all of the staff are amazing, if you need anything they will get it for you, the food is good , there was only 1 occasion where I couldn't find anything that suited me on the menu but they went out of the way to get me something that I would eat ( Im fussy) wouldn't go anywhere else in Blackpool now to be honest as its handy for all amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank diane g
michael7072, Manager at The Sutcliffe Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank You for your review we look forward to seeing you in the future
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here last year and as unable to get into our first choice hotel (own fault or showing up unannounced) decided to try here again. On arriving we didn't get a friendly greeting from the woman on reception, actually we didn't get any greeting at all. Room was pretty big, although very hot and stuffy however the weather was extremely hot outside. Beds very extremely uncomfortable, could feel every spring in the mattress.m Stayed for bed and breakfast, breakfast looked good but wasn't hot at all so only ate the cooked breakfast once. Overall hotel clean but not sure if I would come back to be honest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank mckayzer
Thank you for your comments, the feedback is important to us. But we do constantly ask is everything okay to allow guests to comment and give us the opportunity to rectify any problem areas. So i am sorry to hear you were not happy, but could i ask why you didnt say anything whilst you were here? Now you have raised the issue of the mattress we have replaced them from our store which could have been done while you were here aloowing you to have some peaceful nights sleep. Also as i personally served you breakfast on more than one occasion why did you not mention your concerns to myself and we could have remedied the problem. I was not present when you checked in so i am not in a position to comment although the lady concerned has been front of house for quite a while and i cant understand what has happened there. Hopefully, as things must have been satisfactory the first time you came as you considered coming back, you will allow a chance to prove we do listen to feed back and act appropriately.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We go back there when ever possible , food.good well cooked, clean rooms bed very comfy. friendly staff.Janet in dining room was very friendly helpful.This is great hotel as central for theatres. New furniture in reception area very comfy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marymac L
michael7072, Manager at The Sutcliffe Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Thank you very much always look forward to seeing you again
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My sister and I booked here for one night only as we where attending the theatre and the hotel was nearby.
We had a twin room.
The room was shabby. The carpet was stained and the furnishings outdated and grubby.
The beds where old,very squashy and I was kept awake by the discomfort the mattress caused my back.
The bathroom was grubby,smelly and I really did not want to step into the shower cubical because it looked so grubby.
The hotel exterior looks ok. The reception area was outdated and the furniture was cluttered and there was a large rip on one of the sofas. Entering the reception area did not start the stay with a good impression. The entrance/ reception smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke as if someone had been smoking inside the building... And I am a smoker !
The lady on reception was friendly.
We did not eat breakfast for 2 reasons:
1. It was a little early for us... However when we checked out the gentleman did offer to make us some. This was a nice gesture.
2. Because everywhere looked grubby I really couldn't eat anything in there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 1967Rainbow
It was myself checked you out and when asked was everything ok after being offered breakfast you both stated yes so i am surprised and sorry to find out now you had so many complaints