“Friendly B & B”

Add it.
Sunnymede Hotel
Ranked #614 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked at short notice to meet up with family and found the owners to be very helpful in our needs of a suitable sized room for our two small dogs and easy access as my parter has health problems. Their is a stair lift fitted and although we didnt need to use this on this visit, its a good reassurance that it is available if we stayed again. Room very clean and suited our needs. Very good breakfast, good location so would stay again. Bed was a little to soft for our liking, but we are used to sleeping on a very hard mattress so hard to be objective our boys were even given a sausage each on our departure so they were well happy and would love to stay again. If you want a home away from home then this is your perfect destination. Debra & Sarah xx

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My Partner and I return to this destination every year in time for the illuminations at Blackpool. I have been doing this since I was a little girl and my parents have also visited there since they were little with my grandparents. We have stayed at many different hotels and bandb's in Blackpool over the years but Sunnymede is the one that we have settled on and keep coming back to every year. To say that we are regulars is an understatement as we are made to feel part of the family of Sunnymede. Ray and Angie the proprietors could not do enough for you and now that I have my own children I am continuing the tradition and hopefully one day they will bring their children back there as well, which in fact my eldest son already does.

Room Tip: On a sunny day be careful when sitting in the Sun lounge at the front of the property because it get...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

when you consider the cost of taking a trip abroad as opposed to taking several short city breaks at home, there are very few places that offers the home from home feeling that we have found at the Sunnymede in Blackpool. The Proprietor Ray is on of the funniest people I have come across and his regulars consider him and his wife Angela as part of their family. we have celebrated the birth of their first grandchild with them this weekend and are alreaddy planning our return to the property for the 2013 new years celebration in a few weeks time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

weve just spent 2 nights in this b&b and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are clean and tidy and the beds are very comfortable. The owners are lovely, very friendly and helpful and couldnt do enough for us,the breakfasts were fantastic.The hotel is in a perfect location out of all of the hussle and bussle of town but only a 5 min walk (if that ) from the tram stop.The hotel also has parking for 6 cars so this was a bonus as many hotels dont have parking at all. travelled with my husband and 2 boys would return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It was a cold and wintery weekend but we couldn't have felt more warmly welcomed by the fantastic Sunnymede Bed and Breakfast hosts Angela and Ray. The room was cosy and clean and the beds were so comfortable we almost missed breakfast time - which was also top notch! I don't often write reviews but came away from this B&B with a smile. Great value, clean, good location in a quiet street all you need for a cheap and cheery get away in Blackpool. Definately will return!

Room Tip: Room 10 had a double and a single, flat screen, on-suite, quiet at the top and back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Writing this review was inspired by the lady working at Sunnymede who actually said 'I bet you go to Trip Advisor and tell everyone how rubbish I am now'. Well, here's one bet I am happy to lose.

My friend and I were staying and had arranged to drop our bags off at 8:30am. The rooms had been paid for in advance and the dropping off of the bag was agreed over the phone before booking even took place.

Cue disaster number one: The B&B is shut. No big deal. We ring the bell and wait for an answer. Nothing. We can see the lady there who doesn't bother coming to the door. My friend phones her, introduces us and reminds her of our need to place our bags in the B&B so we can go onto our meeting.

She refuses to let us in, telling us we won't be allowed to set foot in the B&B until 2pm. Fortunately the B&B next door, Beauchief Hotel, invited us to leave our bags with them.

As we are leaving the B&B after taking the gentleman up on his kind offer, the lady comes out and starts an argument in the street with us. We take our bags into her B&B whilst being hissed at, telling us to 'get inside because I don't air my dirty laundry in public'. She tells us there is no guarantee the bags will be safe but we can leave them in the main public room.

The lady had a stinking attitude as she said 'I am not doing breakfast early for you'. We said that was fine and tried to remain polite the entire time. As we were leaving to our meeting, she goaded us into writing a review on tripadvisor.

So, there you have it. We maybe caught her on a bad day. The room was fine, but I imagine that many rooms in Blackpool B&Bs are fine enough. I thought her attitude was disgraceful and will never return to that B&B.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Matthew P
Reviewed October 23, 2011

A return family visit to the Pleasure beach as the last time we were there it was a soggy, windy experience.
This time we stayed At the Sunnymede B&B in the family room which was very spacious with two single beds and a double bed, wardrobe and draws for our clothes, tea and coffee making facilities and of course a small tv. It was a shower in the spacious on suite and bed for us when we got in using the towels provided.
A comical Ray greeted us in the morning for breakfast where there was the choice of cereals,tea or coffee before a full English breakfast with toast to follow.
We stayed for two nights and even though we did not spend much time in the hotel it was nice to know we would be coming back to a cosy room. In fact we were so tired on the Saturday night we all fell asleep whilst watching Match of the day. (Unheard of)
We would certainly go back again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room No 9 is a family room with two single beds and a double bed, very spacious but you need to go u...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family