“best hotel in Blackpool”
Review of RockDene Hotel

RockDene Hotel
Ranked #73 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Canterbury Kent England
“best hotel in Blackpool”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Stayed here with my husband and 22 yr old son (who has aspergers) at the end of June, and couldn't fault it. Our hosts, Andy and Bernadette, were lovely people and couldn't do enough. On arrival, Andy gave my son a choice of single rooms to choose from which was fantastic, so my son chose the one nearest our room. The rooms and bathrooms were spotlessly clean and neutrally decorated. Breakfasts were sufficient, in fact we didn't need lunch. Loved the fact that you could get a takeaway for dinner and Andy let you eat it in the bar, which we did for my son one night, because my husband and I were going to Funny Girls so ate later. Speaking of the bar, there was a great selection of drinks, both alcoholic and soft, and at reasonable prices, not inflated as most hotels are. I also loved the fact you could buy a bottle of wine and Andy put your room number on it and kept in fridge so you could have a glass whenever you wanted! Lovely touch and I've never known that before. We would definitely stay here again and I've already reccommended it to colleagues. Blackpool itself is undergoing a major rejuvination programme and the promenade, beach side, is not accessible the whole way along. Its due to be completed in June 2011 and hopefully will be a big improvement. We also found a fantastic restaurant on the prom called "The Eating Inn". Not much to look at from the outside but the food was wonderfull and the waiter, who was on his own, rushing round like a whippet, did a fantastic job. One final thing to reccommend and thats Funny Girls Cabaret Club. My husband and I have been twice before and took my daughter and her boyfriend this time round (they stayed in a travelodge in case you're wondering). They absolutely loved it as we do. Fantastic night out and not expensive. You must go if you visit Blackpool.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
KENT
Reviewed April 21, 2010

First trip to Blackpool, and will not be our last. Andy and Bernadette helped to make it perfect. The hotel is spotless, The rooms modern, The breakfast second to none.And within walking distance of all the attractions. Andy and Bernadette are always on hand to point you in the right direction, and even booked our tickets on line at a discount to the pleasure beach. Really lovely couple with a great attitude and a lovely hotel. Cant wait to go back. Thanks for making our stay perfect.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank minnie43
Kent
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I travelled with my partner and our friends for a long week-end. We were greeted at the door by Andy who is the owner of the establishment who helped us in with our luggage and showed us where we could park our car. Our room was perfect. The cleanliness was second to none and the bedding was a beautiful white.
Throughout our stay, Andy and Bernadette could not do enough for us, booking tickets online for the Pleasure Dome, suggesting places to visit and places to eat. They were friendly and spent their time chatting to us and generally making it like home from home. The breakfast was so good. A choice of cereals or yoghurt, fresh juices and a full english cooked breakfast which was absolutely fabulous and cooked to perfection.
Looking around at some of the hotels that we could have booked, we really struck gold.
Thanks Andy and Bernadette for helping to make our first visit to Blackpool so perfect. And thankyou for the extra touches for Ray's birthday. Coming down that morning to banners and a bottle of bubbly really made his day. If only all hoteliers were like you.
If anyone is thinking of visiting Blackpool, then the Hotel Rock Dene is definitely the hotel to stay at. You'll not get better!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kingston17
Edinburgh
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Rock Dene is in a prime location for families and couples travelling to Blackpool, it is a short walk from all attractions and minutes from the beach front and all that goes with it. The family who run the hotel are very welcoming and friendly, nothing it too much for them from finding out about attractions and offers to advising on places to eat. The hotel and rooms are exceptionally clean and well maintained we had an en suite room with Tea and coffee facilities and a freeview TV.

The owners know how to have a great time from Karaoke on the big screen to providing music and chat to accompany a drink from their well stocked bar. We are glad that we phoned to check availability because our few days in Blackpool was fantastic thanks to the Rock Dene and we look forward to returning in July and recommending you to our friends :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
consett
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is great hotel, it is run by Andy and Bernie who are warm and friendly hosts. the hotel is warm and comfortable and the rooms are a great size, modern.This hotel is great if you have kids, my kids love this hotel as they play with the toys!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
linconshire
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This hotel exceeded all our expectations and is good value. We are staying at the rockdene hotel as it was recomended by my fellow work mates who are staying as well. I felt i had to join tripadvisor to express my views about this hotel. We are working in blackpool for 15 weeks.The rooms are clean modern lcd/tv what more could you ask for.
Andy & bernie could not do enough for us.You cant fault it on anything and believe me we have stayed in lots of hotels in england as we work all over with our company.
thanks for everything and breakfast is first class sets us up for the day not forgeting the pack lunch.
hope the 2 year contract comes of for all of us

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2010

A lot less than I got!

The hotel is located about a mile south of the tower and about 3 minutes walk from the sea. It takes ten minutes tops to walk to South station and 20 mins or so to walk to North Station. As its not right on the sea front it's pretty quiet. Not 5 mins from Blackpool FC if you are going.

Although it is not much to expect a hotel to be clean I'm glad to report that this one was. The bedrooms have all been done up recently and my bed was very comfortable (especially the pillows). My shower didn't work some of the time but I didn't mention it so I can't complain. The communal parts of the hotel were nicely decorated and the bar was well stocked. Could have perhaps had the TV in the lounge in a slightly more user friendly place but it didn't bother me as I didn't need to use it as I had one in my room.

Andy and his wife Bernie were very friendly and interesting to talk to. Breakfast was good, nothing fancy so done right. I'd have it now if I could. All in all for £19 a night I literally couldn't ask for anything better.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo