“basic b and b” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #219 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“basic b and b”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Basic b and b not the best ive stayed in but far from the worst. Rooms are of a basic standard and its like sleeping in an oven the windows are locked shut, but to be honest I never asked for it unlocking. The marsden could do with a good hoover and dust especially on the stairs which look to have not been hoovered for a couple of days. The shower in our bathroom could do with a really good clean and it was very mouldy. Car parking is a joke my car just fitted up the very narrow pathway to the so called car park, had to pull both wing mirrors in. The host steve was a very helpfull man who guided me through the narrow gap. The best things about the marsden are 1, the price which was £68 for two nights b and b for two in a twin room , which I wouldnt personally pay any more for. 2, the location is excellent 3 , the breakfast was spot on. All in all its a cheap and cheerfull b and b. If I was staying in blackpool again for a short break I would stay there again. Howeverto be honest the best thingabout blackpool is the sign saying thankyou for visiting

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Simon D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Larkhall, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

this was a great place too stay.very clean,comfortable,great breakfast and very friendly people.would go back anytime for a break.we would put other people in touch with this place too10 out of 10.great location close too every attraction will defo be back .

Room Tip: all rooms would recomend
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hull,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband son and I arrived for our 1st stay on Friday 13th September for our 1 night stay. On entering we we're greeted by Steve who was very friendly and helpful. Our room consisted of a single bed, double bed tv tea and coffee making facilities. The room was very welcoming and comfortable. We also had our own private shower and toilet which was very clean and the shower was great. Towels were also provided. There was no set time you had to be back at the hotel as you have a key to your room and the outer doors this was great for us as we visited Blackpool to see the illuminations. The hotel is situated less than a minutes walk from south shore and the pleasure beach. We had the second sitting for breakfast and we we're amazed by the amount you could have. Cereals were to start if you wanted them we had a pot of tea for my husband and I and my son had a pot of coffee to himself. There was also a jug of fresh orange juice on the table. We had a full cooked breakfast which was lovely. Definately recommend to people we enjoyed our stay so much that we're definately going back in the near future. This bed and breakfast is very resonably priced for the service and food you get you could also have a dinner for extra price may just try that next time we stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Myself and my fiancée stayed here on 13 September, when we arrived we couldn't believe how close to the Pleasure Beach it was (we had tickets booked for the 14th) and it also has very good transport links. We had booked the room via venere.com, after finding the deals on Trivago.

On arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by Steve, and shown to room 5, which is a standard double with en-suite. The room was small but perfectly suited to our needs. The bedroom was decorated in a contemporary style, with a black and white colour scheme, and the recently fitted en-suite was similarly decorated. After going out for a few hours, we returned and had a couple of drinks in the lounge, the drinks are average prices, and the lounge has a relaxing feel to it. On retiring to our room, the shower was powerful and easy to regulate temperature, and we found the bed to be extremely comfortable so we had a good nights sleep.

The following morning, breakfast was served at 9am, Steve showed us to our table and we were offered a good choice of cereals, we were brought fresh pots of tea and coffee, and there was also a jug of milk and orange juice on the table. Karen was in the kitchen cooking the breakfasts, and when it arrived it was delicious! On checking out at 10am, Steve and Karen allowed us to leave our bags in the hotel while we spent the day at the Pleasure Beach, which was a big help as I have disabilities and the day was made easier by not having to lug bags around!

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, it is clean, the proprietors are friendly and run a good establishment. The main clientele apparently is couples and families, but I'm sure anyone booking The Marsden would not be disappointed. We will not hesitate to book again when we visit Blackpool.

• Stayed September 2013
Alness, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here with my son, mum and her husband arrived on the monday and stayed till friday morning. on arrival we were greeted by steve the owner of the marsden he was very friendly and showed us straight to our rooms, the rooms were a good size with en suit bathroom, tv, small wardrobe ideal for our stay. The breakfast was amazing with full english breakfast, rack of toast, tea coffee, fresh orange juice and milk. Also a good selection of cerael to help yourself to which was good for my son he was very happy with breakfast too. The bar area was very cosy with large comfy sofas big tv and beautifully decorated, drinks are reasonable priced too plus had toys to keep the children amused. The marsden is located 5min walk from the pleasure beach, just across the road is amusements and water park, also short walk to catch the tram down to tower etc. I would highly recommend the marsden want to thank steve and his wife karen for making us so welcomed. Also to steve for all the time he gave to my son he was very good to him. We will definetly be back next time. Thanks again. Ann, aaron, frances and William. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last week and found the place to be a nice little b and b. Yes the rooms aren't huge but I didn't find it a problem as for the price we paid we felt it was good value for money. There was a bed, wardrobe, set of drawers, chair and 2 bedside cabinets as well as TV, Tea/Coffee facilities. I found the bathroom an adequate size.

For breakfast there was a choice of cereals, fruit juice, tea or coffee, a large cooked breakfast and a rack of toast. I thought the breakfast was brilliant and the service was fast and efficient.

The bar area is nice and the bar is well stocked. There are a couple of comfortable sofas in there and a large TV and it is cheap. Maybe not a place you would spend all night but nice enough to spend a couple of hours before going out.

The Marsden is situated round the corner from both tram and bus stops which is really handy especially if you buy the local Blackpool transport tram/bus saver ticket. We didn't find the need to use taxis to get about as Blackpool has good public transport. There are also several pubs bar/grills within walking distance of it, should you not wish to venture far.

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend The Marsden to friends/family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Penni2013
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

you may arrive a stranger but you always leave a friend,the more you visit the more you become apart of the family. their breakfast is to die for, they are all very helpful if you need a taxi one can be rung for you. I say they but of cause I mean the proprietors:Steve & Karen as my mum & I have stayed quite a lot. the promenade& funfair are 5 minutes away for those that like to walk you have three road ways to get to town frequent bus& trams to town& other places just 5 minutes walk from hotel. if you are the type of person that need help getting about there is a mobility number the hotel has to hire wheelchair scooter. rooms are lovely I could go on but have not much room left. from a good eater

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family