“eugh!”

Ranked #192 of 741 Restaurants in Blackpool
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“eugh!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Since we had taken our dog with us, for a day trip to the coast, the places we could eat were a little restricted. We decided to visit the cafe, which has a take-away section for fish & chips, with an outside seating area. The fish shop was busy, which suggested to us that it must be worthy of a visit.
When we got our order, the only positive thing I could say about it was the breadcake my son had (for his chip butty) was ok. The rest of the 'offerings' were disgusting!
I order fish & breadcake - the fish came in the palest batter I'd ever seen & was undercooked (it wasn't fresh, either). The bit I had tasted as if it had been cooked in old oil (I'm retching even now at the thought!)
My husband chose pie & peas - I've never seen a pie coloured grey! He ate about half but gave up as most of the contents was slop!
The staff had no customer service whatsoever, they even charged a customer 5p when he asked for an extra tray - he'd spent nearly £20 on his order!
The positive I can give on this review is - my dog seemed to enjoy the fish & grey pie slop, but then again she hasn't eaten horse droppings in her time!

• Visited July 2014

Telford, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Not far from the hotel, the food was hot & plentyful, the staff were polite especially to a picky customer like me!

Visited August 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

this cafe offers traditional cafe fare, and is not as expensive as the other cafes nearby, they were handing out discount vouchers when we visited

Visited May 2012