“Great little Italian”

La Fontana Italian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 747 Restaurants in Blackpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established for over 20 years, experience a true taste of Italy at La Fontana in their modern Italian Courtyard Restaurant, set beneath a twinkling starry night sky, complete with roof slates, decorative trellis and of course, La Fontana - the fountain after which the Restaurant is named! Enjoy the first class Italian cuisine & warm Mediterranean ambience brought to you by long-time owner Franco and his team of loyal, passionate staff.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great little Italian”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have eaten in hear quite a few times & really do like it, the food is great with a very good menu, the mushroom pasta is fantastic.
It has a great buzzing atmosphere with staff that are very friendly and always on hand.
We were in on New Year’s Eve and the place was busy with a good atmosphere, my only complaint was that steak was quite disappointing, I had ordered the Sirloin and it was more of a minute steak that had been dashed in the frying pan & was overcooked, I asked for medium.
That aside we will be going back for pasta pasta and more pasta oh and don’t forget the cherry sambuca.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank xraybadger

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“New years Eve meal.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Excellent service, beautiful food and a lovely atmosphere and surroundings. Very reasonable prices.The staff were friendly and fun!

2 Thank juliegarner06
Sudbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellant restaurant”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We saw the panto and went to look for somewhere to eat at 10 o'clock in the evening. We asked if they were still cooking and were told, please do come in. The restaurant was nearly empty as it was near closing time but we were made to feel very welcome. We had first rate service and the food was excellant, the staff were all very friendly but not intrusive. I just wish this restaurant was closer to home (we were visiting Blackpool for the weekend) as we would be eating there on a weekly basis.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Reg S
Stockport, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have to go to the La Fontana whenever I visit Blackpool. First of all to enjoy the ambience of Italy in the UK. La Fontana is worth a visit just for the décor which captures the feeling of being in Italy immediately one walks into the restaurant. Secondly the food is great. I had the lamb shank in a mint and rosemary sauce, delicious! My wife had the veal medallions in a white wine sauce and was equally delighted with the meal. I had a dessert, Tiramasu and it was pure heaven,. A word of warning do not order the Tiramasu if any of your companions are not having a sweet. The waiter brought me my sweet accompanied by two spoons and a cheeky grin. My wife then decided she would like a taste of my sweet. We nearly came to blows over the table. The third reason I visit La Fontana is to reassure myself it is still there and will be available to me on my next visit to Blackpool

2 Thank John W
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Fanstastic”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Amazing service, fast good food what else could you ask for? thanks for a quality night. we will never forget you guys and gals !!!

2 Thank Craig20121986