“Good "Pub Grub," Amazing Interior!”
Review of Outside Inn - CLOSED

Outside Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We found this place by accident, stayed next door at the Premier Inn,

It looks like a normal chain pub outside, but when you go in you are met with quite a surprise; the "Outside Inn" has been created with outside "sets" and theatre to give the impression you are dining outside with a river, waterfall, shops, trees, a bridge and even a sky with stars! It's great for the kids and really well done.

Service and food was good. have been here a few times - fantastic for kids!

1  Thank TonyMullinsRadio

Reviewed July 18, 2013

A quiet afternoon midweek saw two of us nip in the Outside Inn for a late lunch. The bar had no customers, still the bar tender said she would be "back in a minute" I was stood at the bar for far too long, when I was eventually served it was fairly swift. However the table was filthy. I asked a chef, wandering aimlessly about the bar for a cloth. The bar tender came and cleaned the table. But, considering the place was o quiet, there seems little reason for things to be so dirty. The ar top was sticky and the back bar was cluttered and dirty looking. The food was average. Although I was given a no quibble guarantee to put anything wrong, right. I didn't feel much like hanging around for dessert or a second drink. The toilets were dirty and smelly too. I think this will go down as one on my "to avoid" list.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Outside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear BlackpoolAdam,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Outside Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I used to love going to this place for a meal when I first moved to Blackpool and the last time I went it was awful. The food took ages to come out and the service was poor. But I was told by a friend that it had improved immensely so we gave it another go tonight. How wrong we were. It had gone from bad to worse. We had to wait over an hour for our food when we kept being promised by the manager that our was the next plates to come out and when he did bring us our food gave us some lame excuse as to why it took so long. One of our meals was only a fish finger butty we could have made it quicker at home. Most of the customers were complaining there wasn't enough staff on obviously. And even though we weren't charged for our meal it was a total and utter shambles. I blame the management. I won't be back. It is a totally different experience at there sister pub in Blackpool the Hot Air Balloon go there instead you won't be disappointed

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Outside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Tinylittlepea, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Fayre & Square

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

An unusual restaurant which has a full compliment of trees, a bridge and river to give the illusion of eating outside. Great fun for kids of all ages. Handy for the M55 being just off junction 4 in the direction of St Anne's. Great if you want to round off your visit to Blackpool with a decent meal before hitting the motorway. Next door to a premier inn if you want to stay over and spend more time in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We used to visit the Outside Inn every weekend and the food was always brilliant. We hadn't been for about a year so we decided to re-visit. I think it has been taken over since we last visited and what i noticed first of all was the lack of choice on the menu. It seems very geared towards burgers and grills, and i missed the old menu, i couldn't order much on the chicken menu as it was either curry or stacked like a burger. And i ended up choosing something i didn't really want because i couldn't find anything i liked, and it went cold very quickly.
My son's chips looked like they'd been run over and they were very sparse. But he happily ate them! My husband had an all day breakfast and he said the bacon was like rock, but everything else was fine. Kids food was good (apart from chips!) My 9yr old had a mini mix grill and he wolfed it down, bargain for that and 2 side orders for £3.50. So i can't complain at that.
Overall ok, but disappointed at the menu, in my mind without being sexist, it seems a little female unfriendly, esp if you're trying to eat healthily. And you don't get offered anything to entertain the kids whilst you're waiting for food to arrive. My son had to go and hunt out colouring pages (these used to come as standard with the colourable kids menu, which they don't do anymore either) and there was 1 pack of crayons left too. Wacky warehouse shuts at 8pm, I'm sure it used to be 9pm, so the kids get bored very quickly, some kids were left to run riot over the bridge and around other peoples tables. Tables weren't cleaned very well either, i had to clean both our table waiting in the bar area and the table in the restaurant. It's not the staffs fault as they seem understaffed. And the restaurant looks a little tired and dated, time for a make over i think.
Over all ok, but deep down im disappointed and miss the good restaurant it used to be and i probably wont rush back. :(