“TERRIBLE”

Ranked #250 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Gourock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place was terrible,none of the food was fresh, you can tell the food has been lien there for a very long time,maybe days, the chicken balls had water leaking out them from the condensation, ribs where dry as a bone,curry was like gravy,even the coca cola was watered down big time, like more than usual.I could see other ppl also eating in the place looking disgusted, the place is ovb not doing too well buisness wise and there trying to use minimum food ect, they even charge u 5 pounds per plate for any wasted food

• Visited October 2012

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointed. Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went here with my family having chosen it because of the good reviews on here and other websites. We specifically chose this restaurant as it says that the chef can cook any food gluten free. This was highly untrue. However this wasn't where the nightmare ended. My daughter asked for mayonnaise with her food and was given a couple of sachets which were all out of date and disgustingly off. The restaurant was freezing cold, that cold that we had to sit with our coats on.
I would strongly advise you against using this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“FUN FUN FUN”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had lots of fun in here. Lots to do . Very bright and clean. would love to come back and visit here. Had a fab time

Visited October 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good tasty food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here after our b&b host recommended it. Disagree with last reviewer who thought the food was overpriced. I thought the food pricing was fair. The only two prices i can remember was for egg fried rice (£2) and steak with peppercorn sauce - £8. Very accommodating owners - i asked if they served beef szechuan, they said it wasn't on the menu but they would cook it for me and it was delicious. The only thing i would say our bottle of house wine was either £12 or £13 which was slightly over the average going price.

Would definitely go again

• Visited September 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Below par”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed in Blackpool for two nights (Friday and Saturday) as we were attending The British Open at Lytham St Annes. After arriving back at our hotel late from a long day walking round the golf course we were looking for somewhere nearby to eat where we could quickly be seated and served. The place itself was nothing spectacular - appearing a bit tired - and the food was about the same. Although the starters were quite nice (Prawn Sesame Toast and Chicken Noodle Soup), the mains were a let down. The special chow mein was not overly appetising with some parts of the meat being an unusual colour and the chicken fried rice was also disappointing in terms of both looks and taste with the rice being sticky and overcooked. For the standard of food served here the prices were a bit steep and I know of places where I can get far superior Chinese takeaways for about the same price, if not cheaper. I suppose the only thing that went in The Golden Palace's favour was that the four of us were so hungry we could have eaten almost anything; despite this I have to say on reflection that the quality of food can only really be described as poor.

• Visited July 2012