“LUNCH”

Ranked #5 of 756 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Established as one of the oldest fish and chip shops in Blackpool, we are proud to be known as The Best Chippy in Blackpool! We serve delicious haddock and cod and have daily specials. We welcome families and large groups as we have seating for 126 people. Take away also available
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had the £6.95 lunch special, comprising, cod chips and peas with bread and butter and pot of tea and were not disappointed. We were given a choice of regular or light batter for the fish and chose the light which was delicious. The only adverse comments I could make was that there were too many chips for me and I would have liked proper milk with the tea and not little cartons, but I'm quibbling here, it was a really nice old fashioned fish and chip meal. What's not to like?

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I take on board your comments regarding the chips. We do offer an option of having a half portion of chips, should you find the full portion too much, and we can also offer fresh milk with your cup of tea. I hope you visit us again, and please be assured that we will try and accommodate your needs.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Wasnt a bad place food was okay and service wasnt bad ither main hot meal was just a usual chippy but desert was dissapointing I orderd apple pie and icecream and the apple pie had been microwaved !! The pastry was soggy wasnt plessant

I am sorry to hear that you were not overly impressed with your meal with us. I take on board your comments about dessert and am looking into alternative methods when offering warmed pie.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had fish and chips here last week tryed a few different chippys while on hol in Blackpool and I must say the Yorkshire fisheries was lovely and I will return next time I'm in Blackpool.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I am glad you enjoyed eating with us whilst you holidayed in Blackpool. We look forward to serving you when you next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Speak to anyone who enjoys a good fish n chip meal and they will tell you this one is the best in Blackpool.

Good portions, good service and the price ain't bad either. Whether you eat in of takeaway you will be pleased you came

Well done !

1  Thank BlackpoolStevieb
Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you formatting the time to write your review. It's good to read reviews from local customers. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Food first class service very good staff very helpful had few meals here now and all very good and at the right price

Thank you Billy for taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you again.