“My 2nd visit...good.”

Ranked #6 of 764 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Established as one of the oldest fish and chip shops in Blackpool, we are proud to be known as The Best Chippy in Blackpool! We serve delicious haddock and cod and have daily specials. We welcome families and large groups as we have seating for 126 people. Take away also available
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Had the fish and chips...ate in. Nice cafe feel...grub was great as last time..a good meal for £7.. always a winner and the other customers seemed more than happy... looks like this place gets its regulars..

1  Thank drdanielmacdonald
Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fish and chip shops are Blackpool achilles heel....they're either great or bloody awful. Truely bad. I like Yorkshire fisheries.. their good. Their better than most the sea front chippys and definitely do a larger portion for about £1 less..It's mostly a locals chippy as tourists don't really know about it- fine by me. Nice to sit at a double back chair booth with my friend and sip my coffee.

The fish is great. Haddock, Cod, whiting- had it all. I do like the haddock. Flaky, tasty and nice light batter. You can request a 'hang' on your fish which really lets any extra oil drain off. I do. I like a dry golden batter.

THE CHIPS....I crave. Their chunky, fluffy and have a very suckable taste. I usually just get chips with a slug of curry sauce over the top and extra batter on top of that. Very much a treat not an every day thing. Their chips are just great. And take out in a newspaper is a must.

Overall.. a nice chippy. Great dinner deals and great sides to9 go with your fish and chips. A very cosy little place and banter friendly staff.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped for lunch before the theatre after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The positive is that it is right next to the Winter Gardens Opera House. The Haddock Special was fine, but we did not have the special meal we expected after having read the Tripadvisor reviews. The bootom line is that this is another fish & chip shop among the many in Blackpool.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went to Yorkshire Fisheries with 2 friends.We all choose different food from the extensive menu,all the meals where excellent,hot and tasty.They where served by extremely pleasant staff.
The restaurant was clean,warm and inviting.All this for under £20 for the 3 of us.Looking foreward to another meal there next time we visit Blackpool.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

we had our lunch here - pre theater and it was fab - we chose the extra large cod - chips and peas and 2 mugs of and tea £20.20p .
served very well and comfy seats - staff were nice enough and it was very busy ...lunchtime rush

worth eating here - and would return - no complaints at all 10/10