“The best ice cream ever”

Notarianni Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Blackpool
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“The best ice cream ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I love this place, the ice cream is the best I have ever tasted and I go back several times a year. Only ever used the take away but there is an indoor seating area for a bigger variety.
There is only one flavour but you seriously don't need any others, and the usual ice cream topping and flakes available too.
You are missing out if you don't call in and have a 99!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Hayley R

West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Average Ice Cream but not happy with hygiene standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I really wanted to like this place especially because of the amazing family history but for us it was just an average cafe experience with some polish and hype

In our opinion the ice cream was just very average, nothing special at all but the presentation was nice.(we both agreed a Mc Flurry would have tasted nicer!) Place seemed clean and staff pleasant & friendly.Some decorating work needed to one area of ceiling at the rear.

What was concerning though was that the young girl and boy preparing the ice cream desserts were handling the wafers with bare hands that had just been in the tills etc. Not very hygienic and as far as we are concerned unacceptable and reason enough never to return. Due to this alone I have to mark this restaurant as poor as for me good hygiene standards are paramount in professional catering and the lack of them shows disrespect for customers.

My reviews are based upon my experience both socially and professionally and should be read along with other comments I have made about other establishments as well as considering all other reviewers comments. My objective is to make a fair comment on the experience I received but my expectations may be vastly different from others, I try to be fair. I believe that managers/owners who do not respond to TA comments have little interest in customers expectations or experiences. Retail is detail, even in service industries. Its the little things that make a big difference!

7 Thank Acallerinspects
Mike V, Owner at Notarianni Ice Cream, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Wow! Thank you for your review and apologies for having such an awful experience.
My family has been here making ice cream since 1928 and realise that our ice cream may not be to everyone's taste, a lot of people do prefer Mc Flurries and we don't have a problem with that, even though our ice cream is made fresh daily from local milk and butter along with the best vanilla, made to a recipe that has been handed down through 4 generations which we can't and won't change. Fortunately many people love it but obviously some won't, there's no accounting for taste.
To say we don't respond to customers is incorrect,IF we get a complaint at the shop we ALWAYS try and sort it out there and then, I cannot understand why you didn't mention it to us at the time so we could have reprimanded the members of staff. When I go out to eat etc I don't go to inspect it, I leave that to the professionals,( EHO's etc + the well respected Daily Mail food critic Marina O'Loughlin recently loved us)but if something's not right I do like to give the establishment a chance to rectify the problem there and then. We train our staff to wash their hands frequently and use a professional hand sanitiser constantly,similar to ones used in hospitals, retraining will be carried out. Hygiene is paramount to us the proof being we have been in business for such a long time selling millions of ice creams over the 80 years. Like all food establishments we get frequent and regular on the spot inspections by the local EHO's etc, and meet all regulations. I've shown your complaint to all staff members at our weekly staff training meet.
As to responding on TA, it is a website that entitles everyone to place an opinion on an establishment freely, and we respect people do have varying opinions and that's something we accept. I would respond more often but we are a tiny family business and unfortunately we are trying to cope with my wife's diagnosis of cancer and caring for her, as you can imagine this does take up a lot of time and is our priority at the minute. Maybe TA is a usefull tool but although we have two certificates of excellence 2013/2014 and been in the top 5 parlours in their UK list for the last 2 years we do not feel the need to display these.
We we're flooded this winter and have managed most repairs but the small damp patch is an on going issue we have with the landlord who is trying to solve the problem.
Once again I do sincerely apologise for your experience, there's no excuse if our staff didn't take time to sanitise their hands,but I do hope I have cleared up the problem with the small damp patch and your accusation of having little care about our customers. We love our customers and try and be as friendly and helpful as possible to every single one of them,which you did mentioned. We wouldn't have been in business for so long if we didn't totally respect them.
Regards Mike,
Director of Notarinni's
Rome, Italy
“Remains the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I understand this place has been selling ice cream for 80 years. I have been a customer for 65 years and it is as good now as it was when I first went. Who needs flavours when the quality is as good as this?

1 Thank David W
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Not buying into it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Being a big fan of ice cream, I thought I would pop into this place after a round of golf. Heard good review so I was expecting to really enjoy it but come on, there's only one flavour. It's nice ice cream don't get me wrong but I'm 25 not 5 so ice cream with sprinkles and that's it doesn't appeal. Next door to mcdonalds though so it is better than a mcflurry

2 Thank Cleveleys_Traveller
The North East
“OMG you've got to go for an ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

You just must try an ice cream at Notarianni's, It's where all the locals go, as well as the tourists, you can see why they win awards. I love the capuccinos and the Notti's Mess icecream cocktail. Enjoy your visit to South Shore, Susanne, Johnson's Wool & Haberdashery, Bond Street (just around the corner)

Visited July 2014