“Childhood memories”

Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Blackpool
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been coming here year after year for 46 years now my children ensure that a trip to notariannie's is always on the itinerary . Simple vanilla ice cream in a tub, cone, oyster or slider this is ice cream at its best nothing more nothing less, other than sprinkles. Part of my wonderful life.

1  Thank Niki M

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I first came here as a child 40 years ago, it hasn't really altered in what it does, and what it does it does, it does really well. Traditional sundaes with great ice cream. Go.

3  Thank John G
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went here on a cold, rainy day in Blackpool. I had been wanting to visit for some time and so my excitement was tangible! The welcome from the girl behind the counter on arrival was warm.

I chose the 'Nottys Mess' from the varied menu which is basically raspberries, vanilla ice cream, fresh cream and raspberry sauce with a couple of wafers thrown in, I really enjoyed it, even on a cold and wet day. It's not particularly cheap and, as previous reviewers have said, the decor and furniture inside is a little dated but the ice cream is the main thing and it's really nice. I would have preferred a metal spoon rather than a plastic one though, but I suppose this is a minor point.

One thing worth mentioning though, if you need the (only one) toilet in the building, it's accessible via an outside, covered alley way and you have to ask for a key. I've never experienced anything like it before. In this day and age, places such as this should have toilet and washroom facilities inside.

It's open from Easter until the end of the illuminations and, for a special treat and something different, it's worth a visit.

2  Thank Gareth B
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Visited Notariannis not for the first time i must add, but had to write this review now for the ice cream is always first class, soft creamy and a taste that you cannot find any where else, the nearest we have found is the Lakeland ice cream. Notariannis is made on site and only sold through their own outlet an excellent run business and of course everything can be monitored and sold just right. A must do if in Blackpool

3  Thank PETER P
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Notarianni's ice cream was recommended to me so I queued for a takeaway tub of plain vanilla ice cream to eat on one of the nearby benches. I was surprised to find the texture so soft and creamy and the vanilla flavour so subtle - much as ice cream, made on the premises of small ice cream parlours, used to taste long ago in the 40s and 50s.. This delicious ice cream is probably best savoured plain to appreciate the texture and flavour fully, I felt that additional toppings and sauces would swamp the delicacy.

3  Thank pausilypon