“gr8 food and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Truffles - CLOSED

Truffles
Cuisines: British, Steakhouse
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
isle of man
“gr8 food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Visited here on monday 5th april , place was very busy , shown to our seats straight away and given menus.

Ordered small rump steak and the 18oz rump steak ,

food was superb , staff very friendly, reasonably priced

tried to visit again on the tue night , however they were closing early , but did say to come on in, we just said we would let them close as there was no sense in keeping it open for us two.

1 Thank spikydu1

Rhondda Valley
“WARNING !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

We tried TRUFFLES for the first time this Sunday evening, Bank Holiday weekend, BIG MISTAKE. We arrived at around 9pm ish and was greeted by a lady that looked as though she had come off the pot wash and had taken over from the waitress. We were not shown to a table but told to "sit on the end there" (a table set for 8). The menu`s were then literally thrown at us while she ran from one end of the restaurant to the other with 2 bowls of soup, which by the time they finally reached the customers that they were destined for would have either been cold or empty. We ordered a combo for 2 and 2 Fillet steaks one of which was with a pepper sauce, the starters arrived and was what could only be discribed as lidl`s or some other low cost food outlet`s value range but was tasty enough, while we got stuck into our starters the "waitress" proceeded to have a full blown arguement with another customer that dared to complain and found out later that he was there celebrating his marrage to his partner that day (great start for what should be a happy occasion).We had finished our starters and the plates were promptly whipped away from us but after around 5 minutes or so we heared the chef ask if the "combo had finished" the steaks arrived and for fillet steaks I can only say I have seen bigger beefburgers.Both steaks should have been medium rare but came more to the well done side and the one with the pepper sauce was so full of grisle that it was almost impossible to eat so we shared one steak between the two of us along with the dozen or so chips that was meant for the two of us even the pepper sauce looked like it had seen better days and was in no way a pepper sauce. We asked for the bill and my partner went to the toilet but made a hastie retreat saying that they were total discusting and looked as though they has not been cleaned in months I then went upto the bar area to collect the bill and complained and was basicaly made to feel as though I had no idea of what I was going on about with the steaks until I pointed out that as a qualified Butcher and I did know what I was talking about to which she back tracked to the bill and told me that would be £44.95 for the 2 but she would only charge us £40.00 thanks for nothing but as we by now had had enough of the place just wanted to get out of there. Needless to say our journey back home to South Wales the following day took us twice as long with more toilet stops than the M6 has services, I will leave you to come to your own conclusions as to why this 4hr journey took us over 6 and half hrs and it had nothing to do with the traffic.

7 Thank RhonddaKarl
mcp800, Manager at Truffles, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
i am not familiar with your story at all. In our defense bank holidays can be very busy and we just do our best to serve every body as quickly as possible. we try not to turn anybody away and cook the best that we can , i wish all the people that thanked us that night had had the time to leave a review as oppose to the one we upset...