“A disappointment”

Number One South Beach
Ranked #185 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Description: Miami meets Madison Avenue is how we'd describe this bold boutique hotel located on Harrowside West in Blackpool. The hip hotel, run by award-winning hoteliers Mark and Claire Smith, has a chilled, beachy vibe coupled with cutting edge design making it a hot spot with Blackpool's extravagant epicures and food-loving fashionistas. With views of the ocean and the South Beach Promenade, plush red chairs, dark grey wallpaper, chandeliers and fresh flowers the hotel's restaurant is a decadent dining destination whether you're dropping in for a cappuccino, a glass of champagne or a three-course meal. We love the luxe ambience at Number One South Beach, and the kitchen's modern British menu is to die for.
Lancashire
“A disappointment”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I had been excited about a planned visit to this restaurant having heard lots of very positive comments about it's style and menu before it's opening, however the reality of my experience was a great let down.
The decor is very good, contemporary, clean, fashionable and of the moment however it didn't convey any atmosphere. (The lack of any diners other than the five that made up our party didn't help.) The guy who welcomed us was the Chef/Patron I guess he was bored as he never left us alone, he never tired of telling us how good he was and the secrets of his success! I take it this was normal and could account for the lack of customers? His absence whilst he cooked our food came as a relief and a welcome break as my ears were now tired!
The food was ok, but no more than that , it was priced for a quality of ingredients and service that wasn't delivered.
I've never even considered returning. In fact when it has been suggested as venue by others I have always said that I would opt out.
I wouldn't normally have entered a review as I do not want to be negative and it wasn't all bad. I has presumed that my experience could have been a "one off"? However I have spoken to many people since who seem to share my opinion as a result of their experience I feel justified in offering my opinion.

4 Thank DavroLancashire

Northampton, United Kingdom
“not good”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

trying to be something they are not,very expensive not very good service,

3 Thank lilyava