“Number one lived up to it's name.”

Number One South Beach
Ranked #170 of 765 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: British
Description: Miami meets Madison Avenue is how we'd describe this bold boutique hotel located on Harrowside West in Blackpool. The hip hotel, run by award-winning hoteliers Mark and Claire Smith, has a chilled, beachy vibe coupled with cutting edge design making it a hot spot with Blackpool's extravagant epicures and food-loving fashionistas. With views of the ocean and the South Beach Promenade, plush red chairs, dark grey wallpaper, chandeliers and fresh flowers the hotel's restaurant is a decadent dining destination whether you're dropping in for a cappuccino, a glass of champagne or a three-course meal. We love the luxe ambience at Number One South Beach, and the kitchen's modern British menu is to die for.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had our retired friends Xmas Dinner here for the second year running. As last year, the food was excellent and the menu had choices that satisfied everyone. Mark's cooking is the best in the area and we will certainly return in the future. Thankyou.

1  Thank BossPrestonUK

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great food and excellent service. Not your regular restaurant experience but something a little special. Great for that special occasion or impressive business meeting.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Without doubt, Number One South Beach offers lovely decor, high-quality food and, in general, friendly staff. However, one (seemingly senior) male member of staff really does not seem to possess the level of self-awareness and customer service that is necessary for working in the service industry and this, unfortunately, marred our experience. After Sunday lunch (3 good-sized courses) we asked if we could have a quick walk around the adjacent Solaris Centre first and then come back for coffee on our return. We were told, quite categorically, that we could not - shame as I was going to leave the cash tip with coffee (I had already paid the bill on my credit card and always leave a tip in cash with coffee). I should say that the female waitress was lovely - it's a real pity that she didn't get her tip as she deserved it. Why invest in the hardware if you don't get the right soft skills to back it up? Perhaps the guy that banned us from returning for coffee is one of the investors in this case??? We all had three courses, pre-lunch drinks and a very good bottle of wine so I would have thought he should have gone the extra mile; unfortunately, he did not.

4  Thank MattB6
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Went to blackpool to see Michael Ball in concert (What a show!!!!!) and found Number One
on this website. We were greeted by Graham, were introduced to Janet (his wife) and immediately felt like we'd known them for years! Nothing was too much trouble , the room was absolutely glorious (with a balcony no less, complete with sun loungers!). We were extremely impressed by their efforts to be 'green' and fully support them in their endeavours. Mark cooked our breakfasts and they were just great - again, nothing was too much trouble; not often you fnd that in this day and age! We couldn't believe somewhere like this existed and will be recommending it most highly. Many thanks to all concerned for making our stay a lovely (5* !!) experience.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

I had been excited about a planned visit to this restaurant having heard lots of very positive comments about it's style and menu before it's opening, however the reality of my experience was a great let down.
The decor is very good, contemporary, clean, fashionable and of the moment however it didn't convey any atmosphere. (The lack of any diners other than the five that made up our party didn't help.) The guy who welcomed us was the Chef/Patron I guess he was bored as he never left us alone, he never tired of telling us how good he was and the secrets of his success! I take it this was normal and could account for the lack of customers? His absence whilst he cooked our food came as a relief and a welcome break as my ears were now tired!
The food was ok, but no more than that , it was priced for a quality of ingredients and service that wasn't delivered.
I've never even considered returning. In fact when it has been suggested as venue by others I have always said that I would opt out.
I wouldn't normally have entered a review as I do not want to be negative and it wasn't all bad. I has presumed that my experience could have been a "one off"? However I have spoken to many people since who seem to share my opinion as a result of their experience I feel justified in offering my opinion.

5  Thank DavroLancashire