“Mothers Day”

Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mothers Day”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a fabulous four course meal for only £16.99 on mother day, food was amazing as usual, we have been many times and have not been disappointed yet The staff are always very friendly and attentitive. Shaun and his team deserve to do well as they put in a lot off time and effort to ensure their customers are happy and satisfied.

1 Thank Denise C
iainbja, Owner at Dahlia's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review mother's day was a great success albeit it very busy with three sittings. Nice to read that you enjoyed your meal and we will keep on doing what we do best. See you soon Shaun

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous early evening dinner”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Bought a token from Deal Monster and took my mum for a meal Friday evening. Never been before and was very pleasantly surprised as it looks like a coffee shop upon entering and indeed it is during the day I understand. However we were shown through to the back part of the building and it is a lovely restaurant with a log fire. We had a 3 course dinner which we could choose from an extensive menu. Mum had pate to start and I had the most fabulous Thai Seafood Broth which was the size of a main course to be honest and utterly delicious. We both had saddle of lamb with haggis for main and then a choice of many desserts. A bottle of good quality wine was included for.......£21.50!! Service and ambience were flawless. The prices on the normal menu were very reasonable and I would urge anyone in the Blackpool area to support this venue it is by far the nicest meal I have had in years around here.

3 Thank Debbielulu
iainbja, Owner at Dahlia's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal and the whole experience we aim to keep prices low and the Groupon and deal monster deals offer exceptional value for money. Look forward to welcoming you back shortly
out rawcliffe
“Not That Bloomin' Good”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Cannot understand why this cafe has got so many great reviews. I have been twice recently and have not been impressed either time. The quality of the ingredients is not of a high standard and the cooking is 'ok'. Today I had' fish finger butty', my friend had hot roast chicken sandwich with stuffing, both came with chips(frozen type) and salad and it was 'ok'. Deserts look better than they taste as once again best quality ingredients were not used. Disappointed. There are much better cafes in the area. It really isn't great.

iainbja, Owner at Dahlia's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for visiting our restaurant. I note your comments about the quality of the ingredients however your assumptions are incorrect. I am doubtful about the impartiality of this review. Considering the dish you had fish-finger butty the fish is direct from fleet wood Neives they are home made and receive exceptional reviews from our customers. I accept we do use frozen chips these are Maccaines. This is due to the amount we sell. The cakes are mainly home made and we only use the best ingredients we pride ourselves in sourcing local our ingredients, vegetables in the main are grown locally often on site and we use a local veg man. The reason we have so many positive reviews is due to the quality of what we do.
Wigan
“afternoon tea”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

by far the best afternoon tea we have ever had, home cooked food, sandwiches, scones, and cakes, unlimited tea and coffee, wonderful staff, it is attached to a small garden centre, off the beaten track but well worth a visit, thanks dahlias staff.

• Visited February 2013
“Glad I got voucher for evening...”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Came here tonight... This place is not new to me or my extended family... (we live in the area) our only experience has been through the day or a special event... I Have to say that these times have always been excellent.. When I saw the dealmonster offer for a 3 course meal & bottle of wine for two I thought an evening here with my hubby is worth a try... (My hubby commented... "It's a garden centre cafe?") I had nothing to fear... Consistent and fab... It was nice to experience the place as a potential restaurant in the evening... The food was just great.. (Only negative was dessert a little on the dry side but loved the option to take away.. Novel...) the other big plus was that the staff (namely Robyn & dinah) made our night that little bit extra special... First night for one and one not completely time experienced... Fab manners.. Attentive and friendly... made our night a pleasure with the wish to return.. We eat out a lot and this combination makes it worthwhile... As for suggestions if interested? A movement light as you leave to get to your car would be fab.... A very dark car park area... Will be back... :) x

1 Thank janettec150
iainbja, Owner at Dahlia's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your review I am really glad you enjoyed your afternoon tea and I look forward to welcoming you again soon