“Tasty food favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dahlia's Kitchen

Dahlia's Kitchen
Ranked #120 of 712 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Tasty food favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just had a fab meal from the early bird menu which is packed with great favourites all prepared beautifully. Place is friendly and welcoming, staff friendly and helpful. With 3 courses for £9.95 you will find it hard to beat for value. Thank you Dahlias

Southport, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our party of four had a voucher for a three course meal and two bottles of wine and we were amazed at the good value. The food was excellent and the service very friendly and we did not feel at all rushed. It was a Thursday night and there were only a few tables taken so I cannot comment on how good it would have been if they were full. We all enjoyed every single course and the variety of desserts was magnificent. Our main courses were lamb shanks,steak and sole veronique. Two of us had mussells for starters and they were delicious.

• Visited February 2013
iainbja, Owner at Dahlia's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your positive review so glad you had a good time and enjoyed the early bird menue look forward to seeing you again
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, beautiful cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate here at a lunch time, the food was beautiful, we also had a cake after our meal which was lovely and also homemade. Will defiantly return.

2 Thank LeanneRoberts
Langford, United Kingdom
“Quite disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have read some of the other reviews and can only think that we booked on a particularly bad night. We also had a voucher for a three course meal each and a bottle of wine and decided to make a night of it, with a visit to the cinema afterwards, so I booked the table for 4.30 pm. On arrival, we were pleasantly supprised to see that there was a Garden Centre attached to the restaurant and with 15 minutes or so before our meal, I thoroughly enjoyed my stroll around the shop. We then went into the resturant and first impressions were very good. It was raining outside and very windy, but inside it was lovely and warm with subtle lighting. We were asigned our table, but unfortunately this was right by the door and with the tables being quite close together, my husband was sat almost in the doorway. I also had very little room to sit down, due to another couple being sat directly behind. This said, when I asked for other seating, this was immediately granted and we were given another table. We placed our order and sat enjoying the surroundings. It then became evident, that there was only this waitress serving tables and the resturant was full. There was a party of around 10 on another table and she apologised to them for the wait, informing them that there was a function on that evening and therefore, there was only one chef in the kitchen covering the resturant. After quite a wait, we received our starters, my husband had a crab cake and myself prawn cocktail, which were very nice. After a further wait, in which time another couple had also refused the table by the door and then been asigned to another out of sight of the restaurant, we received our main course. My husband had chosen the veal, with roast potatoes and pan gravy and I, the chicken with wedges and a caesar salad. I hate to say, but his gravy was almost set with soft roast potatoes and mine was quite overcooked, really dry and had no dressing on the salad at all, as listed in the menu. I decided not to inform the waitress, as it was obvious that the restaurant was busy and we could'nt afford to wait longer and we made the best of it. This said, following the meal, we chose our deserts, which were plentiful and lovely and saved the evening.
I cannot fault the value of the deal we received, for the meal and a bottle of wine and the hard work of the waitress, but I did not feel the meal was up to the standard that I have read about in other reviews. I can only think that unfortunately we booked on the wrong evening and hopefully should we return, will enjoy the food and experience that others have raved about.

Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Evening meal highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My lovely other half took me here as a surprise for an evening meal. She'd gotten a deal through Deal Monster so I can't really comment on the price, but I don't remember balking at them so they can't have been high. The atmosphere was pleasant, the restaurant was beautifully decorated, and the lighting was just right. We had a three course meal with a complimentary bottle of wine through the deal - we chose the pork terrine for starters and the veal for the main course. Both were delicious, particularly the veal, and the portions were both sizeable and well-presented. We opted for the red wine, which was lovely, and our only regret was that we drove and couldn't enjoy another bottle. Our meal included a dessert, and though by this time we were full and satisfied, we were given the option to choose from the cake counter and have it boxed to take home. The service from the staff was swift and friendly from the moment we arrived, well deserving of a tip. I'd certainly recommend to anyone.