“"Great Food Couldn't Be Better"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AJ's Bistro - CLOSED

AJ's Bistro
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“"Great Food Couldn't Be Better"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I came up to Blackpool for the weekend because it was my dads birthday but it wasn't a very good one because we stayed at the belvedere which was such a disappointment but when we came here it had changed the whole weekend.

The food here was amazing I would definitely recommend this restaurant as being one of the top restaurants in Blackpool if you stay at the belvedere and hate come here it will make your weekend I think anyway.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Gorgeous food wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went for our anniversary. staff brilliant nothing too much were very friendly and advised on sites to see. Food was to die for. Will definitely go back

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Always a winner !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This restaurant has to be my favourite. We have been so many times and the food is still of the exact standard as the first visit.

I had the stuffed mushrooms, they were amazing, very similar to an Italian fungi ripieni, garlic bread with it would have been fab but then I would have been too full. My husband had the pate. You did used to get bread rolls prior to your starters arriving, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore- shame, was a nice touch.

We both opted for fillet steak for main, Diane sauce for myself and blue-water for my husband, as always it was fantastic, cooked perfectly.

My favourite starter is no longer on the menu " Bury Black Pudding " it was totally out of this world, and I had it everytime I went ! So if AJ'S read this review, it would make a very welcomed return to the menu !!!

We had a couple of beers each, too full for dessert, it came to just under £60. The offer of the free starter when you buy a main also seems to have elapsed, however doesnt take away the excellence of the food. Another fantastic meal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Wigan
“Excellent Restaurant , lovely food & service , would definitely recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited AJ's on 11th July the same evening as the gentleman who left the previous review . I felt that before I left my own review on our excellent meal I needed to make a comment on the embarrassing behaviour of a gent who arrived to order a meal for himself & his wife and their parents the same evening 11th July . Firstly he did not arrive till after us and we arrived at 8pm he walked in at 8.20pm , he then tried to order the 2 course early bird meal with a drink included for himself & his companions . It quite clearly states in the menu that you could only order the special 2 course early bird meal between 5pm and 7pm . Certainly not 8.20pm when he arrived . Even though he was loud and demanding the waitress was very pleasant & helpful and went to ask the chef if he could do fish & chips at their request she did make it very clear that they could not do the 2 course special at 8.20pm as it would not be fair on other diners (like ourselves) as we were having to pay full prices for .our courses .
The waitress came back to the gent and advised him that she had checked with the chef. , and although fish & chips was not available on the main menu only on the early bird , that the chef would do fish & chips for them at a cost if £10.95 for one course. . This I felt was reasonable as they would have been given a larger plate of food , also our main course meals where around £16 -£17 each so they would have been getting there food cheaper anyway , but noooo that wasn't good enough he wanted a starter and drink included in the price of £10.95 ??
The gent kept going on complaining and in the end decided that he wouldn't eat at the restaurant . The waitress let them have the 2 drinks they ordered on the house and he was still complaining !
You just can't please some people !
What amused me was when his wife left with her parent she apologised to the waitress for her husbands embarrassing behaviour !
Just to advise anyone thinking of trying AJ's I can not recommend this restaurant highly enough . They serve quality fresh locally sourced food at reasonable prices .
Obviously if you wish to take advantage of the 2 course early bird menu the time to go is between 5pm and 7pm , not 8.20pm !
I had lamb rump , and my partner had the sea bass and both meals were lovely . We both had starters which were equally as tasty & enjoyable .
The only thing I didn't enjoy was the gentleman being loud & obnoxious and was glad when he left ,
Thank you for a lovely meal AJ,s we will definitely visit again

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely food prepared by lovely people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and our maud took a one off trip to Blackpool and after doing our research we decided on this cosy little place. We weren't disappointed. The starters were lovely albeit the mussels could have been a bit bigger. Thoroughly enjoyed the monkfish and spicy fillet steak mains and the real treat was the sticky toffee pudding, just cooked as we finished our main and what a treat!! The apple crumble was also fantastic... I ate both!! Lovely couple who run it and can provide great tips for a night out after! The flying handbag was a riot!! Would defiantly return next time were in town. Enjoy!