“Perfect place to stay”
Review of Ash Lea Hotel

Ash Lea Hotel
Ranked #231 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here this weekend and must say it was great. The outside looks fabulous the inside is just as good. The lounge/bar area is gorgeous red, black and white and our room was beautifully decorated green with a lovely little selection of smellies, small fridge with two bottles of water inside and a little tea tray. There was also a flat screen tv on the wall and a bedside wall clock. At the bottom of the stairs they have a selection of leaflets for things to do in blackpool and some even had money off vouchers too, which is always a bonus. The owners were very helpful, friendly and even cracked a few jokes which is just what i needed to put myself at ease (i tend to worry when staying in someone elses house) They kindly pointed us in the direction of a car park which was only a few minutes walk away and was very cheap for overnight parking. Breakfast was fab too, lots of choice. Our only criticism is we like the fat on our bacon burnt to a crisp and this wasnt, so we just cut it off :-) Thank you so much for a lovely stay, we will definitely be staying here again (as long as there is room) and will recommend you to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ash Lea Hotel

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Hotel from the outside was by far the best out of all of the other ones we passed! It orignally said 2pm check in, but we got there at 11am and they gave us our keys straight away! (which is a bonus as we were able to drop the bags off and go out and not have to worry!)

The room was really lovely furnished and modern.Loved the personal touches like water, and free shower gel, shampoo, tissues etc. This gave it that more personal touch!

The 2 owners were really lovely and pleasant and couldnt ask for anything more. The dining room and living space was beautiful. Breakfast included was great too with lots to choose from.

Overall a really nice stay and would definitely recommend! There was a car park a couple of minutes walk which was £6 for 48 hours too.

10/10 :) Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our first stay at the Ash Lea and it was just brilliant. We have never stayed at a cleaner hotel in our lives - it was immaculate everywhere. The owner was really friendly, breakfast was lovely and the room, although a little cosy, was spotless and very comfortable. Cannot fault it at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie0712
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Myself and grandaughter stayed here again on 31st August 2012 for the 3rd time. As usual all was good. Only a couple of things I was'nt too happy with, our room was a bit on the small side but that aside it was clean and had everything we needed for a comfy stay. Also tele was a bit small, but my eyesight isnt that great so maybe I need stronger glasses!!! Breakfast was the best as usual with plenty of choice and made to order so lovely and fresh. When I return to Blackpool this is the place I will stay. Thanks boys for another great stay. xx

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Appearance - There are lots and lots of BnBs on the street and surrounding areas and from looking at them we knew we had booked the best hotel around. For a start it actually resembled the picture on tripadvisor (to be honest it looks even prettier in real life!) unlike a lot of hotels that I had looked at online where the pictures obviously taken many years ago from a desirable angle. I also liked the french doors they have rather than the big conservatory-type windows which most Blackpool BnBs seem to favour so if you wish to have a drink in the lounge area you do not feel like you are on show to every one walking past in the street. My partner and I even commented that with a lot of the hotels nearby the big window effect looks something similar to the girls sitting in a window in Amsterdam - not appealing!

Hosting - Both hosts were incredibly friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. I couldn't find a parking space when we arrived and the owners moved their car onto another street so I could park outside the hotel which I really appreciated.

Cleanliness - I am very, very particular about cleanliness in hotels, and this is possibly the only hotel I have ever stayed in that where I did not find one single trace of dirt, dust or remnants from the last guest. The hotel was spotlessly clean from top to bottom.

Breakfast - Served from 8:30-9:30 which in my opinion is a little to early if you are on holiday and want to enjoy a lie in but it seems common in most Blackpool BnB's. Actually most others are more strict i.e. 9:00 only. We both had a full English which was delicious and cooked perfectly. My partner had a little moan about the portion sizes though (1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 hash brown, 1 egg, mushrooms, half a tomato), it filled me up though.

Location - The hotel is located on the North Shore, about 5 mins stroll from the promenade on a quiet, residential street. About 7 mins walk to the North Pier so it is away from all the noise of clubs/drunkenness but not too far to walk to town centre ect. If you wanted to visit the Pleasure Beach I would recommend getting a tram/taxi as it is about an hours walk away.

Sleep quality - I hate to say something nasty about this brilliant BnB but I had an absolutely terrible nights sleep in the double bed we had booked. We sleep in a double at home (not a king) so thought this would be fine however the bed seemed minute! I am quite tall at almost 6ft and my feet were hanging off the end of the bed all night even with my head touching the headboard. We both ended up having a rubbish night sleep as I couldn't get comfy. In hindsight I should have asked if they had any king size beds available.

I really really, want to give an excellent but the tiny bed sort of ruined the night a bit. Overall an lovely hotel and wonderful hosts. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have just spent two days in Blackpool with my husband. As it was a last minute decision, we were worried we would have trouble finding quality accommodation. These worries were unfounded however, as we found a gem in the Ash Lea. The owners were extremely friendly and welcoming, the room was extremely clean, the bed soooo comfy! Breakfast didn't disappoint either - lots of choice and delicious! On top of all this it was superb value. 4 stars richly deserved.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have just had a weekend break here to watch the darts, myself my Fiancee and another couple. The guest house is certainly 4 stars, nothing was too much, the place is so clean and tidy and the 2 owners coundn't do enough for us. Location is perfect, it is far enough away from the loud part of the resort but close enough to walk anywhere, it is close to the North Pier and the tower, it was only 10 minutes to walk to the winter gardens. We are planning to go to the darts next year and the Ash Lea would be our choice to return. The Breakfasts are good and there is lots to choose from. I would certainly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends