“Mr G Singh”

Fortuna House Hotel
Ranked #634 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The fortuna hotel was great. the room was excellent. just the right size for me and my family. also uncle looked after us we had a good time playing snooker. the next time we come to blackpool i will be definatly staying at Fortuna House Hotel!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap and cheerful break who wants clean rooms. We would rate the service as excellent and the staff there as very friendly who made us feel at home, they even gave our children some cereals and bread for free!! They really made us feel at home. The location of the hotel is literally 2 or 3 min of the beach and the main attractions. If we ever return to Blackpool we would definitely go to the Fortuna. Big thanks to the receptionist at the Fortuna.

Farid and Hakima.K

Thank Tunisian Birmin... T
Syed N, Manager at Fortuna House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear,
Thanks for the positive words that has been expressed by you. The guests like you keeps our spirits high.
Thanks once again and please come again.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

After having this short break booked for my husband and I by our daughter we were asked for payment, to our amazement, this was booked by phone and a card number was taken, the man on reception said that they don't take electron, why wasn't this said at time of booking......?????? I offered to makeayment myself by card and was asked,' do you not have cash'? This I felt was an insult. After being shown to our room, I was unpacking and noticed that the bed was damp, I then noticed that rain water was coming through the electric light fitting on the ceiling. I went down to reception and was told this had never happened before?????????????????, I decided that the place was not safe and packed my things and left, on leaving they said we will change rooms for you, I was not prepared to put myself and husband in anymore danger and went next door to Heywood House, which is a far superior place.

4  Thank Michaela D

Dear,
Thanks for valuing our cleanliness and location high. The value of £38 for double en suite room for one night is one of the best price in Blackpool, so that's good value for the money.
Your booking was one of the suspicious booking from the beginning as your daughter booked it on her name and insisted not to charge on her card, she did not come up on booked date rather called to change it to next day after expiry of the notice period for cancellation.We thought of some compassion and did not charge any extra, Next day you came with your husband and requested to check in instead of her, till that time no deposit was charged on your daughter request and we had no choice except to charge you before check in and you paid by card and not cash for which we have the receipt. This might have annoyed you but as per hotel policy we only give key once the payment of that night is received.
Rest of your complaints have been investigated and as mentioned to you neither before nor now we found any leakage whatsoever, however keeping up with our tradition we have re roofed it again for extra security of our future guests. We have refunded you full amount at same time in-spite of the fact that you used the room and bath room but we wanted to see you happy. One thing we don't understand that you did not sleep in the room for the short time that you used the room and bath room than how you have assesed the sleep quality? we look forward to have you with us by properly booking the room on your name with first night deposit and you will be happy to find our excellent quality of service and off course best value for your money coupled with cleanliness and location as truly admired by you in your review.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The fortuna hotel was great. The room was excellent, just the right size for me and my gf's stay there. The facilities were excellent and the bathroom was great. The staff were especially helpful. They looked after the flowers I got for my gf and helped with the bags we arriving and leaving. It was located in a easily to find and useful place too. We will definitely go fortuna again. Thank you

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which was excellent
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H

Thanks for giving us reason to work hard and serve our future guest with new spirit,
Please do come again to serve you even better.
Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at Fortuna House Hotel. The service was fab - helped with our bags to our rooms, ordered taxis for us, let us leave our luggage on our last day so we didnt have to drag it round with us as we had a late coach.
The hotel was spotless and hoovered daily.
Fortuna House is in a great location, 2 mins from the Pier,5 mins from the Pleasure Beach and about a 20 min walk to Blackpool Tower.
It is located on a side street just off the promenade so you are still near everything but being set back ever so slightly allowed you to still get a good nights rest.
Yes the rooms are small but they have everything you need - comfy double bed, wardrobe,kettle,tea, coffee, sugar, milk, dressing table, chest of drawers and an en suite (4 of us stayed here in 2 rooms, we were in rooms 1 and 6)
I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap and cheerful break who wants clean rooms and a welcoming, friendly service.
I look forward to returning and want to say a big thank you for making our stay a very enjoyable one.

1  Thank Nicola Y

Thanks allot for valuing our hard work. We promise you that our service and room quality will even be better once you come back again.
Looking Forward to have you with us soon.
Love to all,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Exceptional Customer Service! we have stayed in some very high end 5 star establishments all over the world and have found the service to be not to 5 star standards on most occasions. This hotel is value for money and people need to get a reality check or pay extra for the luxuries that are expected before giving bad reviews. We personally will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Dilly6396
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I do not normally write reviews unless they are good ones but I thought I needed to let people know that this hotel does not have a bar, no full english breakfast (only continental) does not serve bar snacks or evening meals. The day I arrived the owner told me where I could find a cash machine which I originally thought he was just being helpful but when I returned from my evening meal I was shouted down stairs and asked if I had been to the cash machine and I had to pay the balance owing there and then in cash. The room I stayed in was shabby and the door did not shut properly. The beds were clean however and the nephew of the owner (who prepared breakfast) was very nice. I realise you get what you pay for and the cost of this hotel is on the lower side but I do expect to have what is advertised.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara C
Syed N, Manager at Fortuna House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Barbara,
First of all Thank you very much for staying with us.
Thanks for appreciating our cleanliness.Our linen is dry cleaned daily and all our cleaning is done under our direct supervision.
Thanks for admitting that our cost is low. We take pride in providing low cost vacation to our valued customers.
Thanks for admitting the nice service provided by our duty manager. Our Motto is Cost, Care, &Cleanliness.
Barbara, if you remember that at the time of online booking you paid partial deposit and at the time of check in during the day you went to cash machine to take the balance of the payment due for your room rent. You did not turn back till late night and wanted to go to the room without paying till you were reminded. You paid by your card and not cash as wrongly mentioned in your review. Regarding Bar, food, snacks. First;that you did not ordered optional break fast or snacks, secondly that it is on the suggestion of our regular guests that it is more economical and enjoyable for them to eat out, we only do if requested at the time of booking by more than 6 to 8 guests to keep it cost effective for them and to us.
To sum up , its the request of payment of your due rent at late night that has annoyed you but tell us how can we let someone stay at night without paying the due rent.
Regards,