“blackpool south shore” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Dumfries
“blackpool south shore”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

we booked a weekend stay in january 2014. We located the building easily from the motorway. The parking was charged at £5 for 24hrs which we felt was unnecessary but compared to other parking in Blackpool was very reasonable. Check in was very easy and hassle free, staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, spotless and comfortable for a family of 4 beds were a king, a single and a single pull out on the floor which kids adored. Evening meal was slightly pricey but enjoyable as was breakfast which had a good choice of foods available. Didnt have any problems getting seated and served. Overall a fab stay.. close to town centre to entertain children although not within walking distance of the hotel. Will definately stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank shadydelta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Middlesbrough Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great location if you are visiting Blackpool football club for a game.The hotel itself is standard travelodge fare. The night we stayed the hotel was completely full due to a dance competition being held locally and a lot of the guests were families with youngsters, unfortunately some of the kids created a little bit of unwelcome early morning noise in the corridors, I understand that this is not easy for the hotel staff to control.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here with three colleagues as we were training in Blackpool. Staff are really friendly, the reception area is really nice. The hotel smells lovely.
Went into my room and was really pleasantly surprised. Rooms are clean and spacious. Plenty of room on the desk to put all of my cosmetics etc. only downside, no sockets by bed so couldn't charge my phone next to bed ( and use as an alarm clock) but two sockets by desk.
Bathroom small but functional. Paint was peeling on my bathroom ceiling ( and fell into my bubble bath) but nothing else wrong.
Was noisy on our last night due to a group of drunken girls running up and down the corridor at 3am! They were originally sitting on the sofa in reception when we arrived back from a night out at around 12.10am and were a bit leery then. But otherwise slept really well.
The beds are comfy and linens were okay.
Breakfast was okay. Plenty of choice for under £10.
We all said we would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the football club. The road is busy and noisy. The rooms on the other side...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here over christmas in 2013. As I entered the hotel I was welcomed by a wonderfully polite receptionist who gave me directions to my room.

Upon entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised at how modern and stylish my room is! I had heard the hotel had recently been refurbished but this surpassed all expectation. My room was a decent size, complimented by a small, but clean bathroom. The bedroom area had a nice desk for me to do work at, along with hot drink facilities and a long mirror. There was two plug sockets on the wall at the desk which were ideal for me to charge my technology, although a plug at the side of the bed would have been handy.

As an avid reader, the adjustable lights at each side of the bed made reading very easy at night, and when I'd finished reading the TV was on the wall opposite the bed. Overall, my bedroom was lovely, and the bed was even better than my own!

Now, the bathroom. Despite its small size, it was decent enough for me. The bath was a little small, but at 1.85m tall, most are. The shower had a good high pressure and didn't take long at all to warm up, and the temperature was easy to adjust to my liking. Everyday, there was an ample supply of fresh, clean towels, of which I would say are good quality.

If I have any complaints, it would be the noise outside, but it's to be expected on a main road in Blackpool, but apart from that, it was a great value stay at a great hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor is lovely and warm!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very helpful staff.Room was very clean. Friendly cheerful staff. Reasonable priced food, large portions and good quality, tasty. Thank you to all the staff that made it an enjoyable stay. Won't let me tick excellent on service. Highly recommend this Travel lodge. We stay in Blackpool every January's. This has been the best of one we have stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

stayed here for new years eve arrived at 2.30pm lovely friendly staff on reception and vey helpful our rooms were ready and lovely and clean tea and coffee in room nice clean towels you can have a meal from 5pm which we did not use retuned back after great night out and the bar was still open at 1.30am and had delicious hot pizza,
had a brilliant night sleep in very comfortable bed and breakfast is available if you require it we didn't but friends did and said it was very nice.
have to pay for parking car but only £5 for 24 hours so not bad for secure parking

Room Tip: great place to stay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lake District
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here between Christmas and New Year. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The rooms were spotless and newly refurbished. Our stay couldn't have been better, especially for the price we paid.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends